How can I know if my Dreambox 500s is a clone?

Banito

Registered
I'm very new to Dreambox. I want to learn. I have downloaded Dreamup and I will flash my Dreambox 500s. I bought this dm500s many years ago, I don't know if it is a clone or not. How can I check that? Of what I have been reading it is very important to not flash original image into a clone 500s because this may ruin it. Can I please get some help?? The current image is Gemini I'm not sure wich version. Also the plugin list does not work and I don't have the usrname or the password. So the only way to connect to the dm500s is thru RCA (com) cable.. Thanks in advance

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I'm very new to Dreambox. I want to learn. I have downloaded Dreamup and I will flash my Dreambox 500s. I bought this dm500s many years ago, I don't know if it is a clone or not. How can I check that? Of what I have been reading it is very important to not flash original image into a clone 500s because this may ruin it. Can I please get some help?? The current image is Gemini I'm not sure wich version. Also the plugin list does not work and I don't have the usrname or the password. So the only way to connect to the dm500s is thru RCA (com) cable.. Thanks in advance

Can be hard to tell, best way to make sure you dont have problem is to use the Commando image. It is safe for clones and real 500s and is the only image still been developed.

Banito

Registered
Ok, Thanks a lot dear friend! Could you by any chance link me to the download of that image?