Tuner DM800 can be repair?

dyna

Registered
Does it matter if its 8 millimeter diameter or 10 mill? See them both listed on the site.

pot2k

Registered

If your tuner is REV: J, K
try fixing Capacitor 680uF 10V as shown in the attached image.
540uF 10v also works.

attachment.php

Thank you:D i've just got my HD channels back after this fix!

1000uf 16v

vishwa

Registered
Hi BM300;
i'm from Sri lanka. I also have a problem.
My Vu+ SOLO SE V2 tuner does scan tp 11550V, 28800,DVB-S2 in intelSAT 12 at 45E. this is HD chs tp. my dish set up has signal/quality-90++ for all other tp (DVB-S1).Also this tuner(s) scan other DVB-S2 tps in satellites ST2 (88E), Measat3(91.5E), AsiaSAT 5(100.5E) etc
recently i got down Sundtek USB DVB-S2 tuner assuming at least that will scan this tp.but still no luck
(However the Original STB provided by the DTH operator Dialog TV, scan this tp without no issue!)
Still i'm helpless
Can you pls advice me...

Last edited:

BM300

Super VIP
Hello vishwa,
Sorry for the late reply.
I am not sure if this solution works with the Vu+ works.
As I do not have a Vu+ box.
The tuners may be diffrent.

You said;
(However the Original STB provided by the DTH operator Dialog TV, scan this tp without no issue!)
The reasons for these parametes not working on the Vu+ may be due to limits in the range of parameters in the Vu+ box tuner.
I do not know which component can be replaced or modified on the Vu+ to solve this issue.
I hope that our friends can help you with this issue.

Some providers like the users to only use their boxes.

erevos_1980

Registered
Hi
I have a dm800se clone with bcm4505 tuner rev:G
the system recognize the tuner,
on satfinder I have very good signal strength but when I scan
for chanells I can not find nothing.
100% completed, 0 chanels found
Can you help me please?

BM300

Super VIP
Hi
I have a dm800se clone with bcm4505 tuner rev:G
the system recognize the tuner,
on satfinder I have very good signal strength but when I scan
for chanells I can not find nothing.
100% completed, 0 chanels found
Can you help me please?

Hello erevos_1980,
Try searching in manual mode (any FTA channel in SD and HD) to establish that the tuner is working properly.
There are ready-made channel lists that you can modify to your setup.
Use Dreamset or similar programs.

Remember that you need to re-scan each satellite after you load the ready made channels.
If this works then your tuner is fine.

If this does not help you can also try ordering an M tuner
to try.

Here is a link that may be of some use
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=269524&highlight=bcm4505+are+-equal

Good luck.

masoodbutt

Registered
I'm also facing same problems with DM 800HD PVR(original)(401A REV.K) are discussed in above posts and much impressed by DM300's replies/support...this box reached to me in faulty condition and even I dont know the tuner supports HD channels or not..if I try to repair it accoding to instructions ..can it be able to access HD signals?
by the way this box with healthy 401A tuner works fine with HD signals ?

BM300

Super VIP
I'm also facing same problems with DM 800HD PVR(original)(401A REV.K) are discussed in above posts and much impressed by DM300's replies/support...this box reached to me in faulty condition and even I dont know the tuner supports HD channels or not..if I try to repair it accoding to instructions ..can it be able to access HD signals?
by the way this box with healthy 401A tuner works fine with HD signals ?

My apology for the delay in answering your question my friend.
The answer to both your questions is yes.

If you face any problems with repairing the tuner, you can simply order a version M tuner which is very reasonably priced from so many suppliers on the net.​

masoodbutt

Registered
THANKS a lot sir BM300 !!!(your personality forced me to address you with Sir :) )
now my tuner has started working fine since making a little modification i,e fixing an additional 680uF/10V Capacitor according to your illustrated instructions ..Thanks once again for gr8 support......after modification I didn't reinstall image ..is it necessary ?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

BM300

Super VIP
Thanks for your kind words my friend.
I am glad that you got the tuner working.

As for re installing the image, it is a matter of what you prefer.
Normally we have a latest image in the internal flash and install various images (to test) on extenal flash (USB or HD) using the multiboot feature.

If everything is working fine, and you are happy with image you are using, I would leave thing as they are and enjoy the box.
Later on you can start experminting.
Have fun.

masoodbutt

Registered
Thanks for your kind words my friend.
I am glad that you got the tuner working.

As for re installing the image, it is a matter of what you prefer.
Normally we have a latest image in the internal flash and install various images (to test) on extenal flash (USB or HD) using the multiboot feature.

If everything is working fine, and you are happy with image you are using, I would leave thing as they are and enjoy the box.
Later on you can start experminting.
Have fun.
thanks for extra feedback :thum:
I want to share another achievement I got after replacing 680uF/10V with 1000uF/16V ....earlier my tuner started working with HD signals but it used to take 2,3 minutes(may be Cap. was taking time to warmup)to show HD signals......now after replacing the Cap. I didn't find any delay in accessing HD signals .....may be my tuner was needed an high potency dose :)
anyhow I checked by rebooting/shutdown several times to confirm.
Now my tuner is 100% OK.....thanks for saving my time and money :)
by the way if (though there are least chances)I wanted to change current tuner with M tuner ,an alteration will be needed on mainboard to reduce compatibility issue ?

BM300

Super VIP
by the way if (though there are least chances)I wanted to change current tuner with M tuner ,an alteration will be needed on mainboard to reduce compatibility issue ?

Thanks for the extra informtion regarding the caspacitor my friend.
No modification of motherboadrd is needed to use the M tuner.​

oliverr

Registered
My tuner is SUNRAY SR4T, it stopped working, 0% signal, totally dead , i think the cause was bad ACDC. But Dreambox is otherwise booting and working, no errors, all works , except the signal .

Is it possible to repair this tuner, for example with a capacitor, or similiar ? Thanks .

Last edited:

masafi

Registered
Yes its possible, you can check all capacitors but i had few months similar problem and i change my old DM800 for VU+ zero ... and im very happy with this machine.

good luck

M

didierdelaey

Registered
buy a tuner Alps M 801A ..

Your 401A and certainly ... have problems with HD
if you have tuner empty, nothing.
see if you have an old model dreambox witha fan, the look under the tuner it is a 330µF 16V if t is not damaged, then replace it with 330µF 25V there is place under.
if you have the new model with a radiator on the processor, then reflux all the soldering of the connector very carefully without making bridge between the pin after the tuner Alps will reapeared on the menu and everything is working fine again. This is the fault of soldering without lead giving a grey aspect instead of brilliant,
regards, didier delaey ddd6920