WTB: 12' or larger dish

W4OP

Registered
Are there any sellers of 12' or larger dishes left in the U.S.? The only one I found was in S Florida, charged my card immediately and after month, never could supply a dish. Bank of A had to yank the money out of his account.

Thanks,
Dale

W4OP

Registered
I do have one on order through them. The delivery date has slipped over a month now- so not sure when/if I will get a surface.

Thanks,
Dale

brujo874

Registered
tech2000 dishes

When you do get yours, go over the welds with a fine tooth comb. Maybe even have a welder burn the welds in better.

Some have reported that the polar mount welds have broken in high winds. A lot of leverage on polar mount with a 12 footer.

W4OP

Registered
12' DISH

I am using the dish for 1296MHz moonbounce and have my own mount, but thanks for the heads up. First task is to expand it to 15'.
Any idea where TEK2000 gets their dishes from?
Dale

brujo874

Registered
Rhymes with finer & starts with a ch.

Hope segments of yours line up better than some I've seen pics of.
Assemble with back of dish up on flat, level ground & leave the hardware a little loose.
Do a 'string test' after you assemble the segments to improve alignment if needed. Then tighten all hardware.

W4OP

Registered
Yep- that is how I have always done it. Fortunately, at 1296MHz, the surface accuracy tolerances are only about 1/3rd of what they are at C band.
My previous dish was a KTI CKD-12 with excellent mechanical tolerances. If it were not for huge snow storm, I wouldn't have to be doing this.
You can see my previous dish, dual port circular feed etc at:
http://www.parelectronics.com/earth-moon-earth.php