Sport News

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
Default Materazzi: “The objective? To equal Gattuso "
Materazzi: “The objective? To equal Gattuso " Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 58 Di' yours The defender of the Inter jokes: “To gain the Champions and to resume my godson it will be one of the goals of the next season. Chivu? Useless to speak of hour, while we enjoy the arrival Suazo, completes our attack” Materazzi guides the group to Brunico. Grace Black Materazzi guides the group to Brunico. Grace Black RISCONE OF BRUNICO (Bz), 17 July the 2007 - Champions like first objective. To the Inter the elimination with controversies of the slid year to Valencia has not gone down. Mark Materazzi is ready to throw again the race to the maximum European competition. The interista defender is working with the companions in the withdrawal of Riscone, but she does not see the hour to begin the season: “The Champions lacks - Sport says to Us to the microphones of Study - and is sure one of objects you of the next season. Gaining it at least I could equal my Gattuso godson”. The CHAMPIONS IN the VIEW-FINDER - the Inter in Europe will have also to make the accounts with the disqualifications of Burdisso, Maicon, Cruz and Cordoba. “They are important absences, but we will succeed makes forehead you with the force of the group. Already we have exceeded other vicissitudini, like the games behind closed doors, will exceed also this”. CHIVU - The destiny of the Rumanian is little a tormentone of this first part of summer: “Hour is a useless speech. Chivu is to the Rome. I, like my companions, augur myself that he comes. He is a great champion, but he is not to me to decide neither to make the negotiations”. While, but, Materazzi makes compliments to the society in order to have taken Suazo. “It has been a good purchase, it is fastest, it is just what it lacked to us. In attack hour we will have one solution in more. Which I waited for season to me? I only hope to repeat the season of the past year. For the ten personal goals? Not for the badge, of goal I can some mark also one…”. gasport
Edit/Delete Message

RIDER

Super VIP
Rome, Giuly blow Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 173 Di' yours The French of Barcelona is already in the Understood one them and tomorrow she will meet the leaders giallorossi for the company of the contract. The agreement with the blaugrana on the base of 4 million euro Ludovic Giuly with the mesh of Barcelona. Afp Ludovic Giuly with the mesh of Barcelona. Afp MILAN, 16 July 2007 - Rome and Barcelona have caught up the agreement of principle in evening for Ludovic Giuly. The giallorossi will pay for the outside approximately 4 million euro. The player already has arrived in the understood one them in late evening and tomorrow he will meet the leaders of the Rome in order to perfect the agreement and to sign the contract. The agreement would have to be of three years, to approximately two million euro more the prizes to season. The player, for its part, has said itself happy for coming to play in Italy. MATUZALEM - For a player (Lucarelli) that it goes to the Shaktar, an other could abandon the championship ucraino in order to return in Italy: draft of Matuzalem, former of Brescia and Naples. “I do not know when Francelino will go via from the Shaktar - emphasizes its Filippo proxy Fusco - the problem of the player is that extracommunitarian, the figures are not highest and the squares whom they have on hand a place for extracommunitarian are least. However they have been contacts with Palermo and sure with the Rome”. AMELIA and CARRIZO, NOTHING LAZIO - Nothing Amelia: the next porter of the Lazio will be Carrizo. Some it are convinced is the agent of the porter of the Livorno, Carl Pallavicino. “Amelia has not perceived the will to take it from part of the Lazio - she has explained -. The biancoceleste society gives top priority to the negotiation for Carrizo of the River Plate. I do not deny that in the last days they are res-establish the contacts to you with Lotito, but up to now us it is not never puttinges around a table for dealing. In we are attended: Lotito is feracious and determined when it chases a objective and for hour it has not put Amelia in its view-finder”. Sin that arrives an other frosted shower, and just from the agent of Carrizo: “The Saragozza has offered 9 million euro, but it has offered also from the Manchester United and from City”, it has said Juan Alberti. GONZALEZ TO the PORT - After two seasons Mariano Gonzalez it leaves Italy. The Argentine centrocampista, this year on loan to the Inter but of property of Palermo, has been yielded to the Port. Reached in Lusitanian earth directly from Buenos Aires, today it will be undergone to the medical visits. CAPONE CELTICO - Andrea Capone has convinced the staff of the Celtic Glasgow. The former fantasista of the Cagliari, in test from a ten of days under orders of Gordon Strachan, tomorrow will sign a contract that will tie the Scot. It catches up therefore Donates to you. gasport

RIDER

Super VIP
Galliani closes to Cassano Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 125 Di' yours The a.d of the Milan it excludes the hypothesis of the arrival of the native of Bari: “We have made a series of considerations and have decided to postpone”. And with the Inter it is derby for Pato Antonio Cassano, 25 years, has gained the Liga from gregario with the Real. Ansa Antonio Cassano, 25 years, has gained the Liga from gregario with the Real. Ansa MILAN, 16 July 2007 - In its interview to the Gazette of the Sport of this morning Adrian Galliani it had confirmed it indirectly. Antonio Cassano is not a objective of market of the Milan. Hour but has arrived also the official confirmation. “We have made a series of considerations and have decided to postpone”, has said the rossonero general executive manager to the Sky microphones. Little word, but clear, to ribadire that not be Italian the unequalled that the Milan have promise to its tifosi for give still greater substance to a square that however have as soon as gain one Champions league. Goodness knows if the decision is the outcome of the referendum of dressing room evoked of recent just from the rossonero vice president: “To January the dressing room had said not, hour could rethink”, has said Galliani to us to fine june. The CINQUINA - “Drogba, Eto'o, Pato, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko. One of these will arrive”, has explained Galliani to the Gazette, opening the derby for Pato, the young forward of the Internacional di Porto Alegre for which yesterday Roberto Mancini has spold important words. The rossoneri seem in advantage, considered also the difficulties in order to arrive to Eto'o, Drogba and now also Shevchenko, that it has ulteriorly seen to complicate the plan to re-enter to Milanello. The SIXTH MAN - But there is also an other objective, held secret. “I little play inasmuch as he is a summer much happy one after the conquest of the Champions League - Galliani has joked alluding to mysterious “the sixth man” -. Our tifosi know that the square is ultracompetitive, are the square Champion of Europe with Ronaldo in more in Champions League. We are complete in every unit. If a lot important capiterà the just occasion for a player will make an operation within 31 August, otherwise will be passed to January”. But is or not this sixth man? “I make like the Turandot, my secret is closed in me… An indication? Perhaps not there is no indication, it is not spoken, it does not exist. Goodness knows…”. After I point out to the Kakà issue “the next week will meet myself with the father of Ricky”, Galliani has concluded therefore: “To take of the players who do not improve our square not servants. The Milan tries to gain the trophies in spring and not in summer. And it has demonstrated it gaining five Champions League and seven badges in it she was Berlusconi”. gasport

RIDER

Super VIP
How many secrets steal you to the Ferrari Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 101 Di' yours The spy story. Not only the designs of the F2007 between the data capacities via from Maranello. All report of contests and the tests find to you between the embezzled rows. Hour Stepney risks four years to jail Nigel Stepney to the times of the Ferrari. Omega Nigel Stepney to the times of the Ferrari. Omega MILAN, 14 July 2007 - Montezemolo reason Had when it supported that “ugly truth will come outside one”. At this point all the indications on the spy story that Nigel Stepney sees the Ferrari victim of raggiro a warp from the just former mechanical head go in that direction. And we are only to the beginnings. But every day is one surprised. Disagreeable. The day before yesterday, as an example, the Fia has officially indicted the McLaren: like saying that in the hands of the federation there are inconfutabili tests, otherwise a careful type like Max Mosley would not risk the face. Meantime, to Maranello they are begins the setacciamenti to you in the offices of some engineers in order to establish if Stepney has had of the accomplices. But the same Stepney, than as all English prefer to confidarsi to house newspapers, has made present the Sunday Times that at a convenient time could pull outside from the closet “corpses of last the 14 years of Ferrari”. That is: attention, because I know many things scomode. For which the legal battle real borders and dark borders dipanerà between. Between truth obvious and truth taciute. That perhaps they have a price still more high. One ugly history. With many interrogated to you. One on all: it seems that with the departure of Ross Brawn from the Ferrari, they had been removed to Stepney the electronic keys of access to the system of realization of the F2007. But since the English technician - to said of Coughlan - had designs and floppy disks, evidently have found the way in order to re-enter in the rows more reserve you of the system. It has made alone? Has had one hand from someone? The mysteries do not end here. 1 - Possible that nobody in Ferrari had become account of the dangerousness of Stepney having thought to interrupt of the contract, after that these had advanced demands impossible to satisfy within the new structure? Stepney, in Ferrari, only answered to Ross Brawn and Jean Todt. Brawn to aim 2006 not was more. And perhaps Todt has underrated the danger to keep in house an element degraded in the role, inviperito from the new nominations - Almondo and Domenicali at the head of the Ges, responsible Baldisserri in track - and ready to find satisfaction in other way to the own amputated ambitions. It would have been more test to liquidate endured it, in order not to run risks: the money is the last one of the problems of a great team. 2 - In dance there are only the designs of the F2007, than in the atmosphere they are reputati already obsolete, or there is other? The GP are the relations of all of 2006 more (seem) the first race of this year. Draft of dossier that they comprise the telemetries of the two is blotted some from the friday to Sunday, the temperatures of rubbers in the several conditions, the details on the order, the aerodynamics, the operation of the motor and other anchor. A small treasure that on the technical plan is worth more than an entire plan. And' to see if from the inquiry it will turn out that someone, in McLaren, it has seen these “report”, or if they are remained in the rows of Stepney, than in this case it had full authority to have use of of, for the job that it carried out. 3 - And' possible that the spy story it becomes one soap bubble? [The McLaren could also exit some with a fine, if it turned out that it has not never seen the material that it has been removed the Ferrari. But, if only just the technical coordinator Jonathan Neale had given a glance, as he is emerging, to that the pair Stepney-Coughlan proposed, the McLaren would become guilty automatically. With pains in growing to second how much he has had secretly, more than for the practical advantages us he earns to you. Because the MP4/22 - it goes emphasized - is a car to the opposite one of the Ferrari and does not have null of the F2007. The McLaren risks to look at itself to cancel all the obtained points. To advantage of one Ferrari nearly iridata. 4 - Possible that the holder of the McLaren, Ron Dennis, did not know nothing? And Mercedes, that it has 40% of the McLaren actions? Dennis is one hard, difficult, but substantially honest person. It has made itself from the null one, would not never risk - until to contrary test - to make in exchange for to be shipwrecked the dream of its life the designs and of the data of one he marks concurrent, just he that he has always innovated - with the Ferrari who on important things often has copied it - going for its road. Among other things, he has endured put on hand of the Fia any inspection in factory. As far as Mercedes, up to now it is prevailed Hush. 5 - There are of previous of the sort in the history the Ferrari? Yes, laughing them to 1966 when, making it to re-enter from the Mans where it was disputing the official tests of the 24 Hours, Enzo Ferrari resolved the contract with John Surtees, which according to the constructor aveva passato dati importanti alla Lola, che stava allestendo una macchina di F.1 per la Honda. In compenso, in Ferrari comparve a un certo punto una testata di motore Honda 4 cilindri 500 da moto GP che "ispirò" parecchio un propulsore V12 di F.1... Pino Allievi

RIDER

Super VIP
How many secrets steal you to the Ferrari Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 101 Di' yours The spy story. Not only the designs of the F2007 between the data capacities via from Maranello. All report of contests and the tests find to you between the embezzled rows. Hour Stepney risks four years to jail Nigel Stepney to the times of the Ferrari. Omega Nigel Stepney to the times of the Ferrari. Omega MILAN, 14 July 2007 - Montezemolo reason Had when it supported that “ugly truth will come outside one”. At this point all the indications on the spy story that Nigel Stepney sees the Ferrari victim of raggiro a warp from the just former mechanical head go in that direction. And we are only to the beginnings. But every day is one surprised. Disagreeable. The day before yesterday, as an example, the Fia has officially indicted the McLaren: like saying that in the hands of the federation there are inconfutabili tests, otherwise a careful type like Max Mosley would not risk the face. Meantime, to Maranello they are begins the setacciamenti to you in the offices of some engineers in order to establish if Stepney has had of the accomplices. But the same Stepney, than as all English prefer to confidarsi to house newspapers, has made present the Sunday Times that at a convenient time could pull outside from the closet “corpses of last the 14 years of Ferrari”. That is: attention, because I know many things scomode. For which the legal battle real borders and dark borders dipanerà between. Between truth obvious and truth taciute. That perhaps they have a price still more high. One ugly history. With many interrogated to you. One on all: it seems that with the departure of Ross Brawn from the Ferrari, they had been removed to Stepney the electronic keys of access to the system of realization of the F2007. But since the English technician - to said of Coughlan - had designs and floppy disks, evidently have found the way in order to re-enter in the rows more reserve you of the system. It has made alone? Has had one hand from someone? The mysteries do not end here. 1 - Possible that nobody in Ferrari had become account of the dangerousness of Stepney having thought to interrupt of the contract, after that these had advanced demands impossible to satisfy within the new structure? Stepney, in Ferrari, only answered to Ross Brawn and Jean Todt. Brawn to aim 2006 not was more. And perhaps Todt has underrated the danger to keep in house an element degraded in the role, inviperito from the new nominations - Almondo and Domenicali at the head of the Ges, responsible Baldisserri in track - and ready to find satisfaction in other way to the own amputated ambitions. It would have been more test to liquidate endured it, in order not to run risks: the money is the last one of the problems of a great team. 2 - In dance there are only the designs of the F2007, than in the atmosphere they are reputati already obsolete, or there is other? The GP are the relations of all of 2006 more (seem) the first race of this year. Draft of dossier that they comprise the telemetries of the two is blotted some from the friday to Sunday, the temperatures of rubbers in the several conditions, the details on the order, the aerodynamics, the operation of the motor and other anchor. A small treasure that on the technical plan is worth more than an entire plan. And' to see if from the inquiry it will turn out that someone, in McLaren, it has seen these “report”, or if they are remained in the rows of Stepney, than in this case it had full authority to have use of of, for the job that it carried out. 3 - And' possible that the spy story it becomes one soap bubble? [The McLaren could also exit some with a fine, if it turned out that it has not never seen the material that it has been removed the Ferrari. But, if only just the technical coordinator Jonathan Neale had given a glance, as he is emerging, to that the pair Stepney-Coughlan proposed, the McLaren would become guilty automatically. With pains in growing to second how much he has had secretly, more than for the practical advantages us he earns to you. Because the MP4/22 - it goes emphasized - is a car to the opposite one of the Ferrari and does not have null of the F2007. The McLaren risks to look at itself to cancel all the obtained points. To advantage of one Ferrari nearly iridata. 4 - Possible that the holder of the McLaren, Ron Dennis, did not know nothing? And Mercedes, that it has 40% of the McLaren actions? Dennis is one hard, difficult, but substantially honest person. It has made itself from the null one, would not never risk - until to contrary test - to make in exchange for to be shipwrecked the dream of its life the designs and of the data of one he marks concurrent, just he that he has always innovated - with the Ferrari who on important things often has copied it - going for its road. Among other things, he has endured put on hand of the Fia any inspection in factory. As far as Mercedes, up to now it is prevailed Hush. 5 - There are of previous of the sort in the history the Ferrari? Yes, laughing them to 1966 when, making it to re-enter from the Mans where it was disputing the official tests of the 24 Hours, Enzo Ferrari resolved the contract with John Surtees, which according to the constructor aveva passato dati importanti alla Lola, che stava allestendo una macchina di F.1 per la Honda. In compenso, in Ferrari comparve a un certo punto una testata di motore Honda 4 cilindri 500 da moto GP che "ispirò" parecchio un propulsore V12 di F.1... Pino Allievi

RIDER

Super VIP
Juve to the onslaught for Meira Boumsong opens the season Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 55 Di' yours In spite of the refutation of Ranieri, the portuguese newspaper Record insists: “Bianconeri ready to offer 10 million euro to the Stoccarda”. And from the Germany Van der Vaart it reveals: “Dream a great club, I could leave the Amburgo”. To the 17 the Juve is come down in field against the Mezzocorona (C2 series) in the first test of the season: to the 2 ' goal of the defender for the bianconero advantage Rafael Van der Vaart, 24 years, wants to leave the Amburgo. Reuters Rafael Van der Vaart, 24 years, wants to leave the Amburgo. Reuters TURIN, 18 July 2007 - Claudius Ranieri, yesterday, had been clear: “We do not try some I reinforce for the defender role centers them”. But the portuguese newspaper Record is of other warning and today it replaces in prominence a negotiation that seemed runs aground: “The Juventus is ready to offer to Stoccarda 10 million euro for Fernando Meira - law on Record -. The maximum figure established from the bianconera leadership is this in order to make sure the portuguese defender, the same expense in order to acquire Jorge Andrade from the Sport one. As Record writes, the operation Meira very is started, also because the player is a lot appreciated from the staff technical bianconero and the Juventus has intention to cancel the previous misunderstandings with the German club, than some week it makes had accused the Juve to have contacted without some authorization the forward Mario Gomez and the same Meira. ON SPORT-BILD - While, from the Germany an other objective of the Juve new sends interesting messages. Rafael Van der Vaart dreams in large and in a rilasciata interview to Sport he does not hide its wants to change air: “My objective is that one to play in one of the best clubs, in a square who can gain just the championship and the Champions League. I could leave the year next, in soccer cannot be never promised null”. Van der Vaart, currently to the Amburgo, has a contract that expires in 2010 and that up to now it has not been renewed. Approximately a month it makes, on the German press, were circulated voices of a interest of the Juventus for the centrocampista, indiscretions confirmed from the same Pavel Nedved that had revealed: “The Juve is near Van der Vaart”. Then the interest seemed little to be diminished, but hour the declarations of the Dutch could make to change the scenes newly. FRIENDLY - While to the 17 the new Juve di Ranieri is sceca in field to Pinzolo against the Mezzocorona, formation some thirty of C2. The bianconeri are pass to you in advantage to the 2 ' with Boumsong

RIDER

Super VIP
Aerial disaster, the Gremio it had to be on that flight Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 13 Di' yours The Brazilian square would have had to be to edge of the Airbus that has crashed against a hangar of the airport of Saint Paul, but at the last moment an alternative with port of call to Brasilia has been chosen. The dead men could be 250 One dramatic image of the place of the disaster. Ansa One dramatic image of the place of the disaster. Ansa SAINT PAUL (Brasi them), 18 July 2007 - he would have had it are to us also the square of the Gremio on the Airbus A320 of the Brazilian company Tam, than he has crashed against a hangar on the track of the airport “Congonhas” of Saint Paul. To assert it it is in charge of the communication of the club, Paulo Pelaipe. The square would have had in fact to embark itself on that flight in order then to dispute to this evening the encounter of championship against the Goias. But fortunately the plans are change to you and at the last moment an alternative with port of call to Brasilia has been chosen. The TRAGIC BUDGET - While the Tam has fixed definitively to 186 the number of the persons who found themselves to edge of the aircraft. In the last circulated official notice, the company indicates that flight JJ 3054 “had to edge 162 passengers; 18 assigned to the services of the company and six pilots and commissioners of cabin, for a total of 186 persons”. But the National Fire Departments to the job on the place of the disaster think that the victims could be at least 250.

RIDER

Super VIP
Seredova-Buffon the cicogna arrives Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 45 Di' yours According to the weekly magazine Star Tv the porter of the Juve and models Czech to it waits for a son. Waiting for wedding, is the coronamento of one begun history of love by now two years ago Alena Seredova and Gigi Buffon the year slid in the withdrawal of the National one. Newpress Alena Seredova and Gigi Buffon the year slid in the withdrawal of the National one. Newpress MILAN, 18 July 2007 - Alena Seredova is pregnant. Czech models, fiancèe of the porter of the Juventus Gigi Buffon, waits for a child. The indiscretion arrives from the weekly magazine Star Tv, in newspaper stand tomorrow. Alena and Gigi are fiancèes from nearly two years. The date of the eventual wedding between the beautiful Czech and the portierone of the National champion of the world is still not known, but this is already one beautifulst news. CORONAMENTO - And to think that, as often it happens in these cases, all it had had beginning with one fatality. Alena, veteran from some relations ended badly, had been invited from a friend to see one separated of the Juve: in the after-contest, the encounter with Buffon. From them in then, blooming of the history until the last lieto event.

RIDER

Super VIP
Albertini answers to Totti “Only a misunderstanding” Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Comments: 101 Di' yours The Figc vice president after the vent of the giallorosso: “I estimate Francisco, must avergli reported badly”. The president Fir: “Nothing ultimatum, but the National one must make programs and knowledge on who can count” Demetrio Albertini with the Figc president Giancarlo Fir, and, to right, Gigi Riva. Omega Demetrio Albertini with the Figc president Giancarlo Fir, and, to right, Gigi Riva. Omega ROME, 18 July 2008 - the ping pong it continues. Stamattina has been the turn of the president of the Figc Giancarlo Fir, that has commented to margin of the presentation of the new anti-drug laboratory of the Acquacetosa the vent of Francisco Totti on the pages of the magazine Number Ten in newspaper stand today, turned above all against the vice president Demetrio Albertini. “Draft of a dated interview”, has said Fir. PROGNOSIS TO MELT - After a beginning soft, puntualizzazione arrives also one: “If it is spoken about I re-enter of Totti and Nesta in National, the federation has already characterized the month of July like term within which the situation must be cleared. Not draft of within or outside, draft of the requirement to give again serenity to the atmosphere, not being able to remain uncertainty situations before the convocazioni for important engagements therefore of the National one”. BEGINNING CHAMPIONSHIP - “On the problem of the beginning of it samples to you, I had already said that however, characterizing 26 August, it was be a matter of the more favorable date for the National one in last the ten years. It is true that we had foretold an anticipated beginning still more, but the fact that then has been decided for the 26 does not want to say that us species of tragedy has been one. On the three weeks of pause that the soccers player had asked the problem it has been resolved and also for this the interview to me seems dated. Albertini? I cannot answer for he, because it has flood title in order to answer”. PRECISE ALBERTINI - Then it is touched to Albertini: “Dispiace, I did not want to make controversies Me - it has said -. Not, me they are not taken for the words of Totti. Francisco is a great champion and I have a greatest esteem of he, I have made a year extraordinary. Perhaps they have reported to it badly, or it has not been informed just. In this the Aic must be better and perhaps in this case it it has not been. Creed has been be a matter of a large misunderstanding”. Then one puntualizzazione: “On one what Francisco is mistaken - the Figc vice president emphasizes -. Nobody has suggested to me neither has been pushed from nobody, I have only expressed a my thought on the vicissitude, and I have not never spoken not attachment about Francisco the National one. I have expressed my thought with great serenity, I did not want to provoke controversies. I understand that with the pain that can have, one can also think not to be able to play many games”. The PROBLEM OF the DATES - Albertini explains that on the date of beginning of the championship “it is not the Aic that decides, enough to read the reports. The association has carried in federal council the thought of the soccers player. The Aic has been always promotrice of the beginning of the championship 19 August, after to have felt also the players of the National one. From always ago the battle of the three weeks of stop to Been born them, and also this year it will be still made. Also the Alloy of To thinks that important what is one. Same I in the last federal council the 19 are taken part in federal council in order to ask the beginning in order to help the players, not only for the National one, because week in more in order diluting the championship is one. Creed that in the event of Totti has been one issue of bad information. From the words of Francisco it seems that the Aic has intentional the beginning of the championship 26 August. It is not therefore. The National one? It is like playing one separated. There is need of all…”

RIDER

Super VIP
Rijkaard: "the 4 aces in field entirety" Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Commenti:48 Di' yours the trainer of Barcelona: "It is mathematically possible to make to play entirety Henry, Eto' or, Ronaldinho and Messi. I will have but to study the thing. But we must be content because we have one great square "Rijkaard rincuora its captain: Puyol. Reuters Rijkaard rincuora its captain: Puyol. Reuters MADRID (Spa), 20 July a 2007 - poker of aces for Frank Rijkaard, arranged to keep them all straits, but not only to make them to come down in field all together, Samuel Eto' or, Ronaldinho, Leo Messi and Therry Henry, since the beginning of the season. "It is mathematically possible" has asserted today in the course of a promozionale initiative to Barcelona, even if the Dutch trainer does not hide some doubts on the technical convenience to line up at the same time "all star" being attacked the blaugrana one. SUPER BARCELONA - In declarations reported from Efe agency, Rijkaard assures that "it will have to study the thing", without to hide that "soccers player as these can play in any square. I do not have to say hour if they will begin together or not. I will estimate during friendly and the training. But we must be content because "we have of new one good square, than ago to dream, thanks to the optimal job carried out from the direction and Txiki Begirstain". ETO' Or - the blaugrana trainer therefore has indirectly given a stop to the news that wants Eto' or to the center of one febrile negotiation with Galliani and leaving for the Milan, with a super offer from 50 million euro. The same Eto' or, to its arrival today to the airport of El Prat, of Barcelona, together to Ronaldinho, of I re-enter from the vacations, has exalted the quality of the spumeggianti engages of the Boat, from Henry to I support, passing for Tourè and Abidal. "they will come to Us comfortable", has asserted the camerunese. RONALDINHO - From part its Ronaldinho is appeared of new with its smagliante smile: "I feel myself in shape - it has explained - and do not see the hour to replace me to the job". The PROGRAM - Tomorrow the square, with the exception of Puttinges, Marquez and Gabi Milito veterans from the America goblet, will begin the training, that they will continue saturday and Sunday, before flying monday for Saint Andrews, in Scozia, for the withdrawal of the preseasonal one.

RIDER

Super VIP
Totti: "National goodbye the priority is the Rome" Press Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Commenti:596 Di' yours the captain giallorosso closes its blue adventure: "I have decided to stop in order not to create some problem to the group and the staff technical; above all for physical reasons. For me my health and my square are 9 the more important thing "July 2006: Francisco Totti kisses the goblet of the World. Reuters 9 July 2006: Francisco Totti kisses the goblet of the World. Reuters ROME, 20 July 2007 - the tormentone he is ended. Francisco Totti has said goodbye to the National one. To say that he was in the air is end too much discounted, after months of critical roventi. But the captain of the Rome has thought to us to close the speech with a press conference. Soothed the former blue: "I have decided to stop in order not to create some problem to the group and the staff technical; I have taken to this hard decision for physical and not technical reasons. I have estimated the thing for a year after the World-wide one and have decided to stop ". ONLY ROME - "For me my health is the more important thing. A tot of left in the year I do not succeed to make them, to something I must renounce. Therefore to the National one ", ribadito, and it is with a little sorrow that has added: "decision Is one that ago more evil to me that to other persons. To something I must renounce and unfortunately I must say to the national one because to the Rome I cannot, the Rome has the priority ". ILARY DID NOT WANT - Totti has told the stages that they have carried it to the great renunciation: "Nobody has never dealt me badly and leaves with a budget of a World-wide one, according to place to European and the title it with under the 21. I have decided approximately a month and means make; my moglie Ilary did not want and before I have felt, in the order, River, Fir and the technical officer Donadoni ". SHOT WITH AN ARROW To CANNAVARO - To the captain of the National one, than it has criticized it on newspapers, Totti them of sure has not sent to say: "We have two ways to make, I different when I must speak with someone I call it, I do not address to newspapers". Then, with bitterness, number 10 giallorosso has removed a sassolino from the shoe: "All these critics who piovono to me I lean is because they are roman. When they said enough to the National Maldini and Baggio, the classified treatment they was various... ". LEFT Of GOODBYE - "One left of goodbye with the National one? I will not make it alone with the Rome, With National me does not seem the case, me seems excessive ". Insomma, Totti has just closed the door. "I have intentional to reflect and I have taken this decision too much important, if I want to continue to play to these levels to something I must renounce, unfortunately". NINE GOAL IN BLUE - Francisco Totti, 15 seasons to the Rome, has esordito with the mesh of National 10 October 1998 (Italy-Switzerland 2-0). Its first goal (to the fine ones will be 9 in 58 games, the only one doppietta in 4-3 against the Bielorussia il13 October 2004) arrives the 26 opens them 2000 in Italy-Portugal 2-0. The consacrazione, in spite of the competition of Of the Piero, arrives to 24 years in the European of 2000: the giallorosso with excellent performances it is finally introduced to international level, marking also two goal against Rumania and Belgium. In the semiend played against Holland house landlady, Totti becomes protagonist of the famous episode of the spoon, when during the final penalty kicks it hits the ball with a soft touch give under, striking the Dutch porter Van Der Sar, under the eyes increduli of the players and the Dutch tifosi. Then the ill-famed sputum to the Danish player Christian Poulsen, resumed from the television cameras, to the Europeans of 2004 in Portugal and triumph in Germany in 2006, passing through that fundamental rigor against Australia to past due time and the triumph of Berlin. The night of the true goodbye to the blue mesh.

RIDER

Super VIP
Of The Piero: "I renew" Press soon Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Commenti:115 Di' yours the captain of the Juventus sees its future anchor in bianconero: "Not creed that we will go for the long ones, I want to remain to Turin. Difficultly will be seen difficulties the words of great esteem of the leadership and Ranieri "Alexander Of the autograph Piero company in the withdrawal of Pinzolo. AP Alexander Of the Piero company autograph in the withdrawal of Pinzolo. AP PINZOLO (Trento), 20 July 2007 - "we will look at ourselves soon". Alexander Of the Piero waits for the Juventus in order to speak about renews of the contract, but he assures that not there will be from waiting for very. "Not creed that we will go for the long ones, I do not have to speak about a decennial contract, but this does not mean more than a lot. I want to remain to Turin and want to renew with the Juve ", I clear endured Alex. Its is a wait without anxieties, although the contract expires between a year and although others have already renewed. "I do not have tensions in so far as - explains he - indeed. And they are not angry, also why the society has given priority to other situations and of it I have taken action without some type of problem. Difficultly will be seen difficulties the words of great esteem in my comparisons from part of the leadership and of Ranieri and my esteem also in their comparisons ". The BEST one - "Me they are ripromesso various times that nobody must remove this to me wants to play, of being the best one - has added the captain of the Juventus -. it has been said that I do not resist the ninety minuteren, but this is not true. Nothing does not scare me, neanche this ". JUVE AMBITIOUS - the Juve new appeals to to it. Wings promote the Blanc and Secco job. "the Juve this summer has given a lot much to make - it has emphasized - has been good to reconstruct itself. We had always said that the bases were much good ones, but was undoubtedly much to work. The society has been given to make, has put in feet an important square, with of the great players, maintaining the champions that it had. A lot has worked and well ". Enough from being able to win endured the badge? "To know if he is sufficient in order to win endured or not, I do not know it. Of it I do not have the more pale idea. Creed but that the park players today is a lot important, like quality and number ". The INTER - "The Inter? It has been come to create a situation that will carry tension, but that it must be agonistica, and that riproporrà a duel between great squares. A duel for the title it ".

RIDER

Super VIP
Germany, guide Hamilton Ferrari in ambush with Kimi Stampa Article Press article | Invia Article Sendes to article | Commenti:54 Di' yours After the two sessions of free tests to the Nurburgring English of the McLaren has the better time in front of the red one of the Finn, nearest. Light hurt a mechanic of the Little horse Lewis Hamilton to edge of its McLaren. Afp Lewis Hamilton to edge of its McLaren. Afp NURBURGRING (Germany), 20 July 2007 - It is of Lewis Hamilton the better time of the two sessions of free tests of the GP of Germany. English of the McLaren in 1' 32"515 has preceded the Ferrari di Kimi Raikkonen (1' 32"751) and the other McLaren di Fernando Alonso. A po' lingered Felipe Mass, however third absolute in the second session. In the second part of the day the times are raise you for a rain pelt: Raikkonen has marked the better time of the second session in front of Hamilton, Massa and Alonso. WOUNDED MECHANIC - For the small Ferrari fear for a mechanic, David Zigoli: he has hurt himself to the right hand on pit wools, while he was using a tool. Transported aid and in ambulance in hospital to precautionary scope, the ferrarista has brought back, reports the team, solo an light cut. USURY - McLaren and Ferrari are therefore many neighbors. The McLaren has shown a good speed of tip, the red one but has shone for consistency: Mass has slipped into series many fast turns to demonstration of a good general equilibrium, above all in sight of the configuration contest. All the pilots are dedicate to you to order tests in order to verify the usury of rubbers, factor by now key for the outcome of the GP of Sunday. FAR RENAULT - Quarter and fifth place for the Bmw di Heidfeld and Kubica, yearnings very to figure in Germany. A lot in difficulty the Renault: Kovalainen and Fisichella have marked 18° and 19° the time in the first session, 15° and 16° but to positions the inverts in the second one. It marks them of awakening from Ralf Schumacher on Toyota: seventh after the first session, it has closed fifth in the second one in front of the companion Jarno Trulli. Far away Vitantonio Liuzzi. Tomorrow the qualifications.

RIDER

Super VIP
vai alle CLASSIFICHE
VAI A RISULTATI STORICI DEL GP
GP GERMANIA
Nurburgring, 22/07/2007

Prove Libere
PILOTA NAZ. TEAM SESSIONE SABATO 2° SESSIONE 1° SESSIONE

1 K. Raikkonen Fin Ferrari 1'33''339 1'32''751 (2)

2 L. Hamilton Gb McLaren 1'33''478 1'32''515 (1)

3 F. Massa Bra Ferrari 1'33''590 1'33''605 (6)

4 F. Alonso Spa McLaren 1'33''637 1'32''932 (3)

5 R. Schumacher Ger Toyota 1'33''668 1'33''825 (7)

6 J. Trulli Ita Toyota 1'33''746 1'34''152 (11)

7 N. Rosberg Ger Williams 1'33''845 1'34''563 (13)

8 J. Button Gb Honda 1'33''880 1'33''936 (8)

9 N. Heidfeld Ger Bmw 1'34''146 1'32''975 (4)

10 R. Kubica Pol Bmw 1'34''221 1'33''205 (5)

11 M. Webber Aus Red Bull 1'34''235 1'34''683 (15)

12 A. Wurz Aut Williams 1'34''264 1'34''345 (12)

13 T. Sato Gia Super Aguri 1'34''357 1'34''708 (16)

14 R. Barrichello Bra Honda 1'34''411 1'34''142 (10)

15 G. Fisichella Ita Renault 1'34''431 1'35''077 (19)

16 H. Kovalainen Fin Renault 1'34''446 1'34''921 (18)

17 D. Coulthard Gb Red Bull 1'34''504 1'34''062 (9)

18 A. Davidson Gb Super Aguri 1'34''554 1'34''567 (14)

19 S. Speed Usa Toro Rosso 1'35''320 1'35''643 (20)

20 V. Liuzzi Ita Toro Rosso 1'35''653 1'34''907 (17)

21 A. Sutil Ger Spyker 1'36''527 1'36''340 (21)

22 M. Winkelhock Ger Spyker 1'37''319 1'37''116 (22)

RIDER

Super VIP
Higher power needed to sort out mess of the Tevez transfer saga

Higher power needed to sort out mess of the Tevez transfer saga
TOM LAPPIN

ANYONE know how busy the International Court Of Justice in the Hague is for the next few weeks? Perhaps with all those Serbian war criminals still in hiding (although they might think of checking in the notorious ranks of racist Serbian football supporters), there might be a window for the case of that poor victim of a contractual tug of love Carlos Tevez.

With the English Premier League unwontedly intractable, and FIFA pleading a waiting list longer than the NHS's, there is a serious danger that the plucky little Argentine battler may not be able to fulfil his manifest destiny of joining Manchester United and collecting his weekly wage packet of £90,000, unless some higher authority can step in to dispense a Solomon-like wisdom, perhaps by suggesting that Tevez leaves one of his legs at Upton Park, and gives a muscular arm to the agent Kia Joorabchian. Those Hague sorts should be able to sort it out surely, even if their last high-profile case, Aston Villa reject Slobodan Milosevic, unsportingly dropped dead before they could reach a verdict.

West Ham supporters can only look on with sardonic passivity. They have been resigned to losing Tevez since about an hour after the initial disbelief that he had signed for the club last summer. West Ham's traditional role is as a greenhouse for international-class talent, before seeing it flourish elsewhere.

The West Ham diaspora is a remarkable body of genius, Manchester United already housing two of its luminaries in Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick. Alex Ferguson, a man versed in the traditional lore that every decent team from England 1966 to Chelsea 2005 has to contain at last three Upton Park alumni, long coveted Joe Cole, and even tried to nick Paolo Di Canio only three seasons ago. Tevez, a legend at Upton Park after one season, seems to want to go to Old Trafford, despite seeing them beaten home and away by West Ham last season.

If the move seems inevitable, the entertainment comes from watching the variously interested parties squirm around in search of a semblance of probity. Eggert Magnusson may look like a supervillain from a science-fiction comic, but West Ham's owner is maintaining the attitude that all the problems were inherited from the dodgy previous regime. He is putting on a convincing front, although one day somebody is going to ask how the tiny and slender population of Iceland ever ate enough biscuits to finance the buyout of a Premiership club.

West Ham are in the invidious position of having to claim a fee for Tevez in order to reinforce the spurious validity of their canceling of their contract with Joorabchian. The whining tykes of Sheffield United are still watching avidly. Joorabchian makes regular airy assurances that Tevez will go to Manchester United and that he still controls the player, his credibility somewhat undermined by the warrant out for him in Brazil regarding money-laundering allegations. West Ham's best tactic might be to lobby the government to have Joorabchian extradited to somewhere uncomfortably Amazonian. It would be a particularly ruthless way of cutting out the middle-man, and Joorabchian would understand it was only business, nothing personal.

Manchester United are acting purer-than-pure, (the phrase whiter-than-white has been discredited by the latest Leeds United saga) although their own record in transfer dealings and contractual negotiations is less than transparent. Sulky Fergie is still refusing to speak to John Motson or Gary Lineker because they work for the same organisation that had the temerity to make that Panorama show a couple of years ago. Like Motty's gentle questions, the Panorama allegations have received no convincing response.

The only truly innocent party in this affair must be Tevez himself. It's difficult to have anything other than sustained admiration for the way the player has conducted himself over the year in English football. Initially struggling to adapt to the English game, he was messed around by Alan Pardew, who saw Tevez's best position as warming the bench, then by his successor Alan Curbishley. He saw his teammate and compatriot Javier Mascherano inexplicably ignored then offloaded to Liverpool (where Mascherano thrived). Tevez could have been forgiven for disappearing. Instead he was instrumental in an unlikely West Ham revival, proving an inspirational rallying point for a remarkable escape from relegation (with a little help from the Premiership irregularities investigation committee).

He then turned up for Alfio Basile's Argentina team at the Copa America to find he was on the bench there as well, with elderly Hernan Crespo preferred. Tevez suffered stoically again, waited for Crespo to get crocked, then slotted neatly into the starting 11, working well with the prodigy Lionel Messi. It's hardly surprising Manchester United are so anxious to secure his registration.

The next week will be an exercise in brinkmanship. It's not difficult to envision West Ham as East End wideboys attempting to sell the football equivalent of London Bridge to some credulous Yanks, before the authorities intervene. Let's hope they get away with it.

RIDER

Super VIP
Helguson set to join Bolton

BOLTON have confirmed they are set to complete the signing of Fulham striker Heidar Helguson for an undisclosed fee.

The Iceland internationalist has agreed a three-year deal and passed a medical yesterday, with the rest of the formalities to be completed today.

The 29-year-old joined the Cottagers in the summer of 2005 in a £1.1 million transfer from Watford and has scored 12 goals in 57 appearances at Craven Cottage.

Helguson should make his debut for the club next Wednesday when Bolton face Hibs in a pre-season friendly at Easter Road.

RIDER

Super VIP
Gretna sign Arsenal keeper
FOOTBALL SHORTS

• GRETNA are expected to complete the signing of Arsenal's third-choice keeper Vito Mannone today. The newly-promoted SPL side have still to solve their goalkeeping problem for the new season. They have failed to agree a deal with Hibs over Zibi Malkowski and ex-Easter Road stopper Tony Caig's move from Canada has been delayed.

But they have moved to snap up 19-year-old Italian keeper Mannone, who is set to make his Gretna debut in tomorrow's friendly against Darlington, which has been switched to Raydale Park.

• DUMBARTON have signed midfielder Ryan Russell, 20, from Morton.

Faubert out for six months

• WEST Ham have been rocked by the news that £6.1million signing Julien Faubert will be out of action for six months after rupturing his Achilles tendon. The 23-year-old French midfielder, who was targeted by Rangers, suffered the injury during Tuesday night's pre-season match against Sigma Olomouc and has flown to Strasbourg to undergo surgery.

Pearce gets U21 job full time

• STUART Pearce has been confirmed as the full-time coach for England Under-21s. The former Manchester City manager has agreed a two-year contract with the FA, which makes him in charge until the 2009 European Championships in Sweden.

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS

UEFA Cup first qualifying round first leg: Aktobe Lento 1, SV Mattersburg 0; Artmedia Bratislava 1, FC Zimbru 1; B36 Torshavn 1, FK Ekranas 3; BK Hacken 1, KR Reykjavik 1; Banants Yerevan 1, Young Boys 1; Bezanija 2, Besa 2; Buducnost Podgorica 1, Hajduk Split 1; Carmarthen 0, SK Brann 8; Dinamo Tbilisi 2, FC Vaduz 0; Dungannon Swifts 1, FK Suduva 0; FC Nistru 1, Budapest Honved 1; Flora Tallinn 0, Valerenga 1; GKS Belchatow 2, Ameri Tbilisi 0; HJK Helsinki 2, Etzella Ettelbruck 0; Helsingborgs IF 6, Trans Narva 0; HiT Gorica 1, Rabotnicki Kometal 2; Keflavik 3, FC Midtjylland 2; Libertas 1, Drogheda Utd 1; Liepajas Metalurgs 1, Dinamo Brest 1; Lillestrom 2, Kaerjeng 1; MTK Araz Imishli 0, Groclin Dyskobolia 0; MTK Budapest 2, Mika Ashtarak 1; MyPa 1, EB Streymur 0; NK Slaven Koprivnica 6, KS Teuta 2; Omonia Nicosia 2, Rudar Pljevlja 0; Rhyl 3, FC Haka 1; SV Ried 3, Neftchi 1; Santa Coloma 1, Maccabi Tel-Aviv 0; Siroki Brijeg 3, Koper 1; Skonto Riga 1, Dinamo Minsk 1; Sliema Wanderers 0, Litex Lovech 3; St Patrick's 0, Odense 0; BK Vardar 0, Anorthosis Famagusta 1; Vion Zlate Moravce 3, Alma Ata 1; Vojvodina 5, Hibernians 1; Zrinjski Mostar 1, Partizan Belgrade 6; Glentoran 0, AIK 5.

FIFA U20 World Cup semi-final: Austria U20 0, Czech Republic U20 2.

Friendlies: Genclerbirligi 0, Arsenal 3; Partick 2, Falkirk 0; Shimizu S-Pulse 0, Reading 1.

TODAY'S FIXTURES (7.45 unless stated)

FIFA U20 World Cup semi-final: Chile U20 v Argentina U20 (0.45).

Friendlies: Barrow v Oldham; Brighton v Fulham (8.00); Canvey Island v Southend (3.00); Dartford v Crystal Palace (7.00); Exeter v Port Vale (7.30); FC Seoul v Man Utd (noon); Macclesfield v Stoke (7.30); Mansfield v Leicester (7.00); Coleraine v St Johnstone; Auxerre v Liverpool (1.00); Worksop v East Stirling; Porthmadog v Chester (7.00); MLS All-Stars v Celtic (2am).

RIDER

Super VIP
Smith and Rossi facing United exit
SIMON STONE IN SEOUL

SIR Alex Ferguson has dropped the broadest hint yet that Alan Smith and Giuseppe Rossi are on their way out of Old Trafford - but squashed flat any suggestion of Gabriel Heinze leaving for Liverpool.

With the Carlos Tevez wrangle expected to be resolved by the end of August, Smith and Rossi's futures have been the subject of intense debate over the last few weeks.

Middlesbrough are rumoured to have made a substantial offer for Smith, who made an impressive contribution towards the end of the title-winning campaign after finally recovering from the horrific injuries he suffered at Liverpool in February 2006, while Parma are keen to keep Rossi, who scored an incredible nine goals in a 16-game loan spell to keep the club in Serie A.

Perhaps understandably given the uncertainty over Tevez's situation, Ferguson is trying to keep his options open as long as possible.

But the Manchester United boss accepts that if Tevez does eventually sign, neither Smith nor Rossi may feel entirely comfortable at the number of first-team opportunities they are likely to get next term.

"We have had offers for Giuseppe, which puts us in a bit of a situation, while the quandary with Alan surrounds his long-term future and getting regular games," Ferguson said.

"There is no doubt Alan did fantastically well for us when he came back last season. He gave the team a spiritual lift and because he is such a fighter, he was an inspiration to us. But he is 26 now and he wants regular football.

"I have to look at Manchester United in terms of how do we improve to get better. And, when someone like Tevez comes along, it makes it difficult for people like Alan and Giuseppe. The most important thing is that they are our players and we can make decisions when we like."

The situation is further muddied by Ferguson's admission he lodged a bid for another striker this summer. Ferguson opted not to name the player but Bolton's Nicolas Anelka was rumoured to be a strong target, while the agent of Fabio Quagliarella, who scored 13 goals for Sampdoria last term but has since had his contract bought out in its entirety by co-owners Udinese, claimed six weeks ago United had bid £10 million for the 23-year-old.

"We did try to get another player," confirmed Ferguson. "It is obvious they are not going to sell at this particular time but we have our tabs on the situation."

But there is no doubt over Heinze's future.

"I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze," said Ferguson. "We can put that to bed right now and we have done so. We have had a couple offers for him and we have turned them down."

RIDER

Super VIP
Ronaldinho embraces Henry arrival

Ronaldinho embraces Henry arrival
STEPHEN HALLIDAY AT ST ANDREWS

A SOLD-OUT Tannadice is poised to bear witness tonight to the birth of what Ronaldinho believes could be one of the most potent attacking combinations in world football.

The celebrated Brazilian forward yesterday proclaimed himself rejuvenated after a lengthy summer break and ready to showcase himself at his sparkling best on Barcelona's pre-season trip to Scotland. Ronaldinho dismissed the persistent speculation linking him with a transfer to European champions AC Milan and insisted he is eager to form a potentially thrilling partnership with Barcelona's new recruit Thierry Henry.

After wading his way patiently and courteously through the scores of autograph hunters who have besieged the Catalan club's training camp at the Old Course Hotel in St Andrews, Ronaldinho was similarly unruffled during a media conference attended with equal enthusiasm by both Spanish and Scottish journalists.

The 27-year-old, without question the most entertaining footballer in the world and arguably still the greatest, appears genuinely enthused by the prospect of teaming up with one of those considered a rival for the latter mantle.

Henry will make his first appearance in Barcelona colours against Dundee United tonight following his £16 million move from Arsenal and his presence has been warmly embraced by Ronaldinho.

"Having Henry in the team is a great motivation for all of us," he said. "He is one of the best players in the world, he is a really open person and is settling in well. I'm sure he will help us win back the titles we lost last season."

The issue of just how Barcelona will accommodate Ronaldinho, Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi, or the 'Fanatastic Four' as the Spanish press now refer to them, in the same starting line-up remains the most intriguing aspect of Rijkaard's reshaped squad. Messi is not with them in Scotland due to his recent participation in the Copa America with Argentina, but Ronaldinho believes a place can he found for them all.

"I would love to work together with those three players," he said. "The more quality players we have in the team, the better it is for the club. It is up to the coach to decide how we play together."

Ronaldinho, however, understandably has no doubts that he should remain at the front of the queue when Rijkaard is handing out the striking duties. Asked by one Spanish inquisitor whether he would be content as a substitute, the famous gleaming smile appeared.

"The best players always have to play," he said through the grin. "We must be ready for everything. As the coach has said, we are all starting from scratch and I will do whatever they tell me.

"I am highly motivated for the new season. I asked to miss the Copa America with Brazil because I knew I needed extra time off this year. I had a good holiday and I hope to be at my best. I can't wait to get onto the pitch again.

"I can feel a lot of warmth from the people since we arrived in Scotland this week and I would like to thank them for that. I hope to play my way in the two matches here and I hope that they enjoy it."

The Spanish media continue to report that some members of the Barcelona board of directors would be happy to sanction Ronaldinho's departure from the club, with Milan president Silvio Berlusconi having indicated his willingness to pay the alleged £80 million release clause in the player's contract.

"It is always good to know there is interest in you from other clubs, but I am really and absolutely focused on Barcelona," was Ronaldinho's pointed response. "I'm happy here. I respect every opinion, but I am working hard for the club and that's what I want to do."

There was a more light-hearted reaction to another enquiry regarding the circumstances which once saw Ronaldinho linked with St Mirren. When he was on the move from Gremio in Brazil to European football six years ago, it was suggested he might spend a brief spell on loan at Love Street before completing the red tape of his transfer to Paris St Germain.

Asking his interpreter to repeat the question, Ronaldinho appeared completely bemused by the suggestion before providing a suitably diplomatic reply.

"That was a long time ago," he said, "and before leaving Brazil I had a lot of offers from Europe before going to Paris. I can't remember where they were all from."
Henry feels the strain after injury

BARCELONA striker Thierry Henry has admitted to feeling a little rusty after being involved in his first kick-around in five months during pre-season training with his new club, writes Carlos Canuelo.

"The truth is, I felt it a bit after playing in the game," the Frenchman told www.fcbarcelona.com. "It's not that I'm tired, but running around is one thing and playing football is another. Today was the first time since the start of March that I'd played, the first time in five months. I have to admit it felt a bit strange and I still need time to adjust. But I'm delighted to get back to playing again."

The 29-year-old spent much of his final season at Arsenal on the sidelines after damaging stomach and groin muscles during the Champions League exit to PSV Eindhoven at the start of March. Henry has been dogged by fitness problems ever since last year's World Cup.

RIDER

Super VIP
Bednar blow adds to Hearts selection woes

HEARTS are facing a selection crisis ahead of their SPL opener against Capital rivals Hibs at the start of next month and look set to be without at least five key players for the clash.

The Jambos were left reeling today from the news that Czech striker Roman Bednar faces between four and six weeks on the sidelines with an ankle injury first picked up on the club's pre-season tour of Austria.

The Tynecastle outfit are already without the services of Mauricio Pinilla for the visit of the Hibees as the Chilean internationalist has a broken wrist while vice-captain Christophe Berra is suspended for the derby as he serves a one-match ban for going through the disciplinary points threshold last season.

Influential midfielder Laryea Kingston is also almost certain to have to watch the match alongside Berra in the stand as he, too, is likely to be banned. The Ghanaian's appeal over a three-match ban is due to be heard by the SFA next week, as revealed in yesterday's Evening News, but even if the disciplinary committee does decide his initial punishment for branding referee Steve Conroy a racist was too harsh, it's unlikely they would cancel the ban altogether.

Bruno Aguiar, who will sit out Saturday's visit of Spanish giants Barcelona, has yet to play a single pre-season match as he continues to recover from an ankle operation. The Portuguese midfielder picked up the injury in an accidental training ground clash with Julien Brellier towards the end of last season and although he has returned to training it is extremely unlikely he would be thrown into the frenetic action of the derby with no games under his belt. The loss of all five players would be a major blow to Hearts, who also look set to be without Mirsad Beslija and Tomas Kancelskis for this weekend's clash with Barca which could, in turn, also put a question mark over their inclusion against the Hibees.

Meanwhile, Hearts' tickets for the SPL opener against Edinburgh rivals Hibs at the start of next month have sold out. It had been feared that the fact the clash was being played on a Monday night, on August 6, and was also being broadcast live on television, might affect the attendance but home supporters have rushed to snap up all the briefs with more than a week left before the game.