Problem with Xtrend ET9000 Twin Tuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver:

boozer

Registered
Problem with Xtrend ET9000 Twin Tuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver:
Ordered this receiver a few weeks ago. It had a big problem searching for satellites both via Diesq 1.2 & USALS; could only tune Astra2 (28.2E). Eventually the motor burnt up while searching for Hispasat (30W); cost me £120 to replace. The vendor (WOS) did take it back but claimed there were scratches on the back by HDMI port & charged me: 15% Re-stocking fee = £50.85, 2% Credit card charges = £6.78, Original shipping cost = £7.50, Total charges = £65.13 out of original selling price of £339.00 so I ended up getting £273.87. If you subtract the £120 for motor, that leaves me with £153.87. In all a wholly unsatisfactory experience. The matter was not helped by the fact that there are very few programs to use it for Mac (as opposed to PC). I would be interested to hear if anyone else had a similar experience with the Xtrend or this seller. Happy to be PM’d re this.

Current system: Spiderbox SB9000 HD Combo, 89 cm Triax antenna, Fortec Star monobloc (dual) LNB, Diesq 1.2, Glasgow.

seamouse

Registered
without sounding rude, but sheb of done your research before buying, what with a mac as well :)

im looking to get the et9000 and found a site for images, files, as well as the manual and guides ect in 3 mins, mayge you should look on google