Hot Bird issues

dex1971

Registered
Hi guys,

it's been now a couple of months that I have noticed on some transporters very week signal! to the point that I cannot even lock the signal at all.
I use a 90cm dish with multiple lnbs and never had a problem, and most of the transporters are fine with signal above 60% but others like 12.092 H (Sky Italia transporter) cannot lock at all.
Has anyone noticed a decrease on the signal from hot bird??

Cheers!

william-1

Feed Hunter
To enable someone to help you When asking satellite reception problems it is a good idea to tell us where you are ?

william-1

Feed Hunter
No problems at all on any transponders here on 13 east in West Essex,
http://www.flysat.com/hotbird.php

Some transponders have changed their symbol rate over the last 12 months so you may have the wrong parameter's ?

Or maybe your Lnb/dish needs to be re-aligned ?

pedro2000uk

Registered
Look for any tree growth too, it can be harder to spot on multi lnbs

If it looks more like an lnb fault (or diseqc switch or tuner), try making a note of the ones that work and those that don't to see if they match a band/pol eg if all of high band's off on that lnb or h or v.

Interferemce is another possibility. . There's more about every year

dex1971

Registered
I have changed the LNB and checked the right frequencies etc, but I do now believe it's the tree at the end of the garden with all its leaves. I am only surprised that onlu SOME transporters lost the signal instead of the whole satellite!!