Which receiver to buy?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
In about a month I will be in the market for a new receiver to replace my very old and slowly failing vuduo.

So, which receiver should I buy and why?
I am prepared to pay big money for the right box.

MAKBAR

Registered
If you are used to vuduo then likely choice would be
ULTIMO4k
Its got lots of options to list.
like you I had vuduo for about 7years and was pleased with brands reliabilty and easy functionality

scubidoo

Registered
i have a dream900
good box put take a look also for octagon sf4008
the only box that opens multisteams

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
OK, I think I have settled on the VU Ultimo 4K.

Any reason why I should change my mind before I take the plunge in a couple of weeks?

scubidoo

Registered
if you have money for it. go
depends always what you gone do with it.
for me is to much expansive for wat i do.
i use my boxes on motor dish and love to catch almost all transponders i can

Diavolo

VIP
DVB-S2 FBC Tuner - What is it?

This tuner type will be used for the first time in a Vu + STB at the Vu + Solo 4K.

FBC stands for "Full Band Capture" and means that the complete frequency band of a level is received.

How does it work?

Two FBC tuners are fed via two satellite IF inputs (LNB1 IN and LNB2 IN), then eight demodulators are distributed dynamically to both FBC tuners. Each of these demodulators can then demodulate a transponder or an SCR frequency.

What are the benefits of this?

Faster switching times, since the next program can be pre-tuned and demodulated (called Fast Channel Change = FCC).
In classical operation, up to eight transponders on one level could also be demodulated or, e.g. Three from the one and five from a different level when both satellite IF inputs are supplied.
Each demodulator could get a Unicable / JESS SCR frequency, so eight transponders are received independently.