DM525 combo tuners OpenPli

bamba

Registered
Hi!
I have DM525 combo. I installed latest version of OpenPLi for DM52x boxes and unfortunately not recognized the DVB-T2/C tuner, only DVB-S2. Does it not contain the needed driver or ....?
Thanks

bamba

Registered
Could somebody advise, how can I add manually dvb-t2/c tuner for OpenPli image? By default only DVB-S2 is available.
Or what time will update OpenPli to dvb-modules-3.4-4.0, which is contain atbm781x driver (like in OpenATV)?

bamba

Registered
The problem solved by new OpenPli5 image.
New bug is that cifs mount does not work with latest OpenPli5 image.
Error in dmesg:
[ 1166.728000] CIFS VFS: Connecting to DFS root not implemented yet
[ 1166.733000] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22
Any idea?

raffay

Registered
CIFS

I've managed to mount network drives by copying mount.cifs into /sbin. However, it was good for nothing as you cannot play any videos (no IPTV, no video files playback, no Youtube). Has anyone succeeded in playing video files with OpenPLi 5 image?

bamba

Registered
I have no mount.cifs, only mount and mount.nfs. Did you download it separately?

raffay

Registered
On my other dreambox (DM500HD) I had the file in /sbin folder, so I downloaded from it, then uploaded on DM520, used the following command in terminal windows: mount -t cifs -o user=1,password=1,rw //IP.OF.YOUR.NAS.DRIVE/FOLDER /media/FOLDER.NAME

enzos

Registered
Within a few days the new ones will be sold DREAM triple tuner

some teams have decided to promote sales

bamba

Registered
On my other dreambox (DM500HD) I had the file in /sbin folder, so I downloaded from it, then uploaded on DM520, used the following command in terminal windows: mount -t cifs -o user=1,password=1,rw //IP.OF.YOUR.NAS.DRIVE/FOLDER /media/FOLDER.NAME

Thanks. Finally I solved with mount.nfs. On the host I've changed share from samba to nfs.
The .ts file working fine, but .mkv and others not. Always miss some plugins like gstreamer AC-3 ATSC A/52, after that h264, ....
I tried to install it manually. I found AC-3, but h264 not.
Maybe they can solve this in next release.
BR,

nunilo

Registered
So sad, DVB-C tuner can scan but can't play cable channels, can't find signal after scan.

nunilo

Registered
After deeper investigation, I discovered that the dvb-c tuner works (scan, grab epg ...) although it shows signal 0 , the problem is CI.

CI doesn't work properly, can't decode anything through my cam.

Problem persist on other OpenPli based imiges (PB, Droid ...) for example OpenATV work without any problem.