Switching Satellites

Adam1

Registered
I have a Linux satellite box, which only has on tuner, but I have two Static dishes (one for Sky Italia/Germany and one for Sky UK). Every time I want to watch a different satellites channels, I have to take out the sat wire from the back of the box.

My question is, is their a switch or something similar, where I don't have to keep changing the wire from the back, other than getting a twin tuner box?

si78art

Registered
yes, there is an answer

you need to get somewhere a lnb switch 4 or 3 in and 1 out, than you need to get in the software to turn on ports, if there is the first lnb on astra 19.2 then in the first port put astra 19.2 an so on, then save it and scan
happy watching without changing wires,

I have three seperate lnbs in one dish, astra, hotbird and eutelsat 16, i made it by myself through a dreambox

Adam1

Registered
you need to get somewhere a lnb switch 4 or 3 in and 1 out, than you need to get in the software to turn on ports, if there is the first lnb on astra 19.2 then in the first port put astra 19.2 an so on, then save it and scan
happy watching without changing wires,

I have three seperate lnbs in one dish, astra, hotbird and eutelsat 16, i made it by myself through a dreambox

Can I not put the LNB switch near the box rather than on/near dish?

xXTomXx

Registered
if you had several lnb´s for every sat(19,2/13/28,2) you just need a diseqc 4/1 switch. it doesnt matter how much dishes you have. you can install the switch outside, near the dishes, so you only need one cable to the receiver.

Adam1

Registered
if you had several lnb´s for every sat(19,2/13/28,2) you just need a diseqc 4/1 switch. it doesnt matter how much dishes you have. you can install the switch outside, near the dishes, so you only need one cable to the receiver.

Do you lose a bit of signal, if you use a diseqc switch?

xXTomXx

Registered
maybe a little bit, but im sure you can live with that and dont have these stupid plug-in/plug-out thing anymore.

Adam1

Registered
Will I need an uncommitted Diseqc switch, if i'm using a monoblock for Sky Italia and Sky Germany?

If so, where's the best place to buy one, can't see any on Ebay.

carl59c

Registered
YOUR POST ASKED FOR A SWITCH TO WORK SKY UK AND ASTRA 19e IF YOU HAVE THE MONOBLOCK LNB ON ASTRA 19e IT WILL PICK UP HOTBIRD 13e SAME DISH, SKY UK SECOND DISH, A B SWITCH, DISH 1 ASTRA 19e/13e, DISH 2 SKY UK, HAD ONE YEARS AGO ASTRA/ HOTBIRD, AND THOR, 2 DISHES ONE BOX A B SWITCH WORKED FOR ME

Adam1

Registered
YOUR POST ASKED FOR A SWITCH TO WORK SKY UK AND ASTRA 19e IF YOU HAVE THE MONOBLOCK LNB ON ASTRA 19e IT WILL PICK UP HOTBIRD 13e SAME DISH, SKY UK SECOND DISH, A B SWITCH, DISH 1 ASTRA 19e/13e, DISH 2 SKY UK, HAD ONE YEARS AGO ASTRA/ HOTBIRD, AND THOR, 2 DISHES ONE BOX A B SWITCH WORKED FOR ME

How do I configure my tuner with this switch?

What tuner settings do I use?

tommy99t

Registered
"I have three seperate lnbs in one dish, astra, hotbird and eutelsat 16, i made it by myself through a dreambox"
:thum:

Adam1

Registered
I think I will have to change the tuner settings every time I change from 28E to 13/19.2E (monoblock), as the receiver will not have the satellite channels (channels will be grayed out), if the wrong satellite is selected.

shakazulo2

Registered
hi all
i need help how to make it dish with 4 satellite via diseqc opt ....i have dish 120cm which
lnb and cabel i must buy it