Best image for VU+Solo2 in flash for using meoboot

supermario

Registered
Hi Guys

I did not want to hijack the thread "Best image for Solo2" and that is why I am opening a new thread.

Recently I have noticed some new development - correct me if I am wrong :(
I have had experience for more than a decade now with this sat-hobby, 1st Dreambox DM-7020, VU+duo and now VU+Solo2. All these while I was using Blackhole image in flash and trying various other images like VTI, Openpli 3.0..etc in meoboot.

Recently it seems to me that the OPEN SOURCE has become a CLOSED SOURCE because everyone is insisting that we use their image in flash and not meoboot:nana:.
Tried Openpli in flash - no option of meoboot.
Tried VTI in flash - no option of meoboot.
Even the backup images are now being made for flash and not meoboot - I dont understand the logic why!

I would request our expert friends here to throw some light on this as to why this is happening.

I also request our expert friends for any recommendation as to which is the best image in Flash where we are free to use other image in meoboot (multiboot)like backups with various plugin/addons:clapping:.

Any suggestion/comments highly appreciated:thum:.

Tks
Supermario

albalaji

Registered
i add my voice to you also..

we need a developers to find a solution for that .. why always images developer build their image to work on flash only ..

i like BH image but also i prefer openpli image .. i did not find any images allowed to me to run openpli on meoboot not in flash .. any help

thanks..

dany-nl

Registered
All images are working fine ,, openspa , pli image, vix apollo , openld , vti image , , except blackhole .. it hangs on starting gui
The problem is that there is no choice in this plugin (multiboot) to make backup for images
but its a great plugin

supermario

Registered
Hi Guys

All said and done, I love the meoboot plugin as we can play with different images, plugins, addons...etc. Further, if we dont like any specific image we can delete it from meoboot and keep on playing with other images :)

I hope the developers give end users an option to play with different images = thats our hobby!

@Ferret
"Have you tried running VTI Or Blackhole under Openspa in multiboot ? "
Did you mean running Openspa in flash and trying VTI/BH in meoboot?
Tks

Viva

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Guys

@Ferret
"Have you tried running VTI Or Blackhole under Openspa in multiboot ? "
Did you mean running Openspa in flash and trying VTI/BH in meoboot?
Tks

Viva

Yes mate

dany-nl says that VTI will work but not Blackhole.

OpenAVT running with Openspa in flash ?

dany-nl

Registered
Yes mate

dany-nl says that VTI will work but not Blackhole.

OpenAVT running with Openspa in flash ?
yes ferret , it works
i have vuduo2
openspa 3.2 in flash ,, and all other images in usb except blackhole
openatv 4.2 works very well with openspa multiboot

supermario

Registered
Hi m8 Zvonko67

I am having problem installing latest images like OpenATV, OpenSpa in multiboot. I successfully installed latest OpenSpa 3.2 in flash.
I have a VU+Solo2 with 1 TB WD harddisk and a 8GB USB stick for multiboot.
When I try to mount the media/USB it says initialize, after initializing and formatting the stick on the receiver with 2 partitions and Ext3 everything thing is fine. I install the image in media/usb/Multiupload - the image is installs fine but on reboot I cannot see the image in multiboot nor does it boot with the new installed image. I can only see the flash image.

Going to my PC - DCC, I can only see media/usb without the Multiupload and other files.

Please can you tell me where I am going wrong or guide me to a dummy tutorial (multiboot). I have been using meoboot (multiboot) since a decade now with my DM-7020s, VU+Duo but lately with the new images there seems to be a problem. Please can you guide me in the right direction.

Tks for your help.

K/Rgds

zvonko67

Hi m8 Zvonko67

I am having problem installing latest images like OpenATV, OpenSpa in multiboot. I successfully installed latest OpenSpa 3.2 in flash.
I have a VU+Solo2 with 1 TB WD harddisk and a 8GB USB stick for multiboot.
When I try to mount the media/USB it says initialize, after initializing and formatting the stick on the receiver with 2 partitions and Ext3 everything thing is fine. I install the image in media/usb/Multiupload - the image is installs fine but on reboot I cannot see the image in multiboot nor does it boot with the new installed image. I can only see the flash image.

Going to my PC - DCC, I can only see media/usb without the Multiupload and other files.

Please can you tell me where I am going wrong or guide me to a dummy tutorial (multiboot). I have been using meoboot (multiboot) since a decade now with my DM-7020s, VU+Duo but lately with the new images there seems to be a problem. Please can you guide me in the right direction.

Tks for your help.

K/Rgds
OpenSpa_Multiboot_imaj_kurma (Rehber)

Arkadaşlar çok bir şey yazmama gerek yok resimleri iyi takip edip uygulayan kurabilir hiç bir sorun ile karşılaşmadan.

Ayrıca usbFormatwizart eklentisinede gerek yokmuş devicesmanagere editlemişler..

Önemli:İmaj atılıp yüklenme esnasında (copy settins to the new image ) seçeneğini hayır yapınızki flash daki imajın bilgileri kullanılmasın Uyumsuzluk yaşanabilir.

sorunlarınız ile yardımcı olmaya çalışacağım kolay gelsin..

sevgiler...

supermario

Registered
Hello m8 zvonko67

Thanks a lot for the excellent Meoboot tutorial :)
I have VTI 7.0.1 image installed on my VU+Solo2 flash memmory. I succeeded in installing meoboot plugin Multiboot_VTI_7_VU.tar.

My problem is when I try to install images like OpenPLI 4.0 beta-Solo2 or OpenATV 4.2beta-Solo2, the screen freezes at installation and does not auto reboot. I waited for more than 30min but no luck.

I tried to switch it OFF and ON from the rear switch and I can see the image in meoboot but when I click on it to run, it does not run but freezes.

I have a 8gb USB stick formatted in Ext.4 with one partition as mentioned above. Mounted as media/USB.

I can see the image in media/usb/Multiboot using DCC

I dont know where I am going wrong:confused:.

Kindly assist when time permits.

Thanks & B/Rgds
Supermario

Last edited:

miker1

Registered
Hi Mario , why you dont install new Black Hole 2.1.3 "Universal Meoboot" ​i tried few images today with bh in flash (vix8.0 , pli 4.0, vti) and they work ok .