A couple of questions

olisun

Registered
I got my solo2 yesterday and I am extemely pleased with it even though there are a few niggles.

That aside, I installed the latest BH image on the box and I am struggling to get / understand how to play back movies off my windows server.

I also tried to install the original and the VIX image and after a "successful" update the machine still boots into the BH image but gets stuck with the message "booting"

In the end I re-installed the BH image and everything went back to what it was before.

How do I re-install the original image on the box?

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
Hello

to enable solo2 as DLNA client on BH image :

2x Blue then select UPnP Client Djmount and set its status to " running "

now u will see ur DLNA server when u open the mediaplayer

there s no VIX image for Solo2..how u got it ?

images available are : original, BH and VTi :)

olisun

Registered
Hello

to enable solo2 as DLNA client on BH image :

2x Blue then select UPnP Client Djmount and set its status to " running "

now u will see ur DLNA server when u open the mediaplayer

there s no VIX image for Solo2..how u got it ?

images available are : original, BH and VTi :)

Sorry I meant VIX.

I want to be able to see the shares I have setup in Windows...

When I do a network scan I can see all my PC's and even after I enter the windows username and password it still doesn't list all the shares.

Btw Mkv playback is extremely instantanious if played from the local hdd...

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
i am using Serviio as DLNA server on my laptop...it s free software and works perfectly on my Solo2 and LG-TV

very simple to use and verrrry stable :)

olisun

Registered
Managed to get the original image installed in the end. The problem was I had taken a full backup of the BH image on the HDD and due to whatever reason it was trying to boot into that image after a restart.

I formatted the HDD and got it working.

I also managed to get my Windows 8 share mounted on the receiver and can play MKV's etc without any problems.

I have installed a 7200rpm 320GB HDD inside the box and I can feel the vibrations on the receiver whenever the HDD starts spinning.

Not too sure if it's a good sign.

cpistola

Registered
PQ, Tuner and Flac audio files

I'm thinking to buy a Solo2.
Most important for me are Picture quality and tuner sensibility. But seams there are some contradictory opinions about it.
I have an old Topfield TF5500 and it picks up all 28E channels (I live in Portugal). Someone that have now the Solo2 have had this Toppy model? If yes how compare PQ (SD only course) and tuner sens. ?
Another question: how Solo2 goes with Flac files?
Thanks