How Much To Fit a Motorised System?

stefor

Registered
Hi To All

I'm based in Stockport and have just bought a Technomate TM-6900HD receiver to put on my fixed dish, which at present is pointing towards Hotbird. Realising that to get the most from this receiver, I've decided to go motorised. This probably sounds easy to you guys but, I don't want to get ripped off on the price and installation of a new 1m dish and all the other bits that go along with it!! I don't want some guy turning up and quoting hundreds of pounds for something that usually is half that amount.

The house is front southerly facing, so the dish would have to be mounted on the rear wall. I've had no problems in the past with fixed dishes getting 1deg up to 28deg E (never tried for W).

What roughly would be the right price to pay for supply and fit of a dish, LNB, Motor, brackets, Pole & Cable?

Cheers
Steve

bucklebury

Registered
If you did the fixed install I'd recommend having a go yourself. Once I got over the problem of motor not working really was something to do with LNB (needed to replace) it was pretty easy. Using a stab motor unit from Maplin, the instructions were perfect - set the angles based on map in manual, point roughly south, tell receiver to go to a satellite near south, tap left and right until cheap meter showed best signal, try pushing dish ever so slightly up/down to verify angles are really right.

I'm getting Hispasat even when its raining, don't think that should be possible on 65cm dish I have, so I can't have done a bad job !