Best box for Powervu on 20 West.

dostoy

Registered
Just to be clear, an Openbox v8s freesat box can be patched with the freesat v8 super firmware and will then open Sport 24 HD on 20 west.

Is that correct ?

Can an openbox open 'normal' powervu, for example the bookies racing channels on 4.8 east ?

Thanks very much.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Just to be clear, an Openbox v8s freesat box can be patched with the freesat v8 super firmware and will then open Sport 24 HD on 20 west.

Is that correct ?

Can an openbox open 'normal' powervu, for example the bookies racing channels on 4.8 east ?

Thanks very much.

Yes

dostoy

Registered
This is getting confusing now.

So an Openbox v8s is not what is needed, it has to be Golden freesat v8 box.

They are about £43 on you know where which is far more expensive than a Openbox v8s.

kebien

Registered
I do not understand.
Was the question what is the best receiver or what's the cheaper receiver?

Then comes the ones that have no idea about receiver's firmware flexibility and try to wrap it around as "knowledge" because he once used an spectrum analyzer to aim a dish.

So,BEWARE !!!,if you are able to look into your receiver and you are able to move things around,you did not buy a receiver,and you are not a satellite hobbyist.
More,if you know linux (or any OS,or programing language,or any computer skills) you have no idea how to use a field meter,or aim a dish.
You are my hero,he he

Francescone

Powervu (Sport24 in particular) is opened with Openbox V8 Golden, the same receiver like Freesat. They are the same. V8 Super is a different receiver. So, if you have or buy an Openbox V8 golden you can upload latest Freesat firmware and you will watch Sport24. I don't know about PV at 4.8 East. No problem at 10 East.

dostoy

Registered
They are the same but there's a difference ?

Does it HAVE to be a Golden freesat v8 or will an Openbox freesat v8 be ok to get Sport 24 and 4.8 east Powervu ?

iq180

Registered
They are the same but there's a difference ?

Does it HAVE to be a Golden freesat v8 or will an Openbox freesat v8 be ok to get Sport 24 and 4.8 east Powervu ?

I will make it simple without all the BS, google freesat V8 Super,
for less than 50 USD and it works on sat 55.5w TP-4016-H-30000, do some reading and make up your own mind about what your needs are.
BTW, I have a Dreambox 900, it's a great door stop and it mite be a great receiver if I had time to work with it, but I don't, my old Azbox HD was a great receiver in it's time but its time has passed, in other words no matter how much money you spend your new receiver will be of no use in a year or two.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Golden freesat v8 is the only one with the latest software there are a few similar boxes coming out of the Far East:- Tiger,Strong,Star-X,ProBox,Atlas HD ect can all clear the latest offerings :thum:

The Golden V8 FreeSat has a European data base the others listed above do not as they are aimed at the Far East & Asia,

You can build your own data base to overcome this :)

Last edited:

iq180

Registered
Golden freesat v8 is the only one with the latest software there are a few similar boxes coming out of the Far East:- Tiger,Strong,Star-X,ProBox,Atlas HD ect can all clear the latest offerings :thum:

The Golden V8 FreeSat has a European data base the others listed above do not as they are aimed at the Far East & Asia,

You can build your own data base to overcome this :)

No, the freesat V8 super has update software as well, I know because I loaded it to my freesat V8 super yesterday and it works great, with the new software it has just about all eastern ark sats, I had to add my western ark sats.

Last edited:

dostoy

Registered
What country are these channels for ?

How do the official boxes handle all these changes ?

manic01

Super VIP
A) MTN-TV HD is available to the maritime market only through MTN. This is because the company manages and optimizes its network with some of the industry’s most sophisticated propriety tools. This new service enhances the broadcast quality of all the other MTN-TV channels, as well. In an effort to stay ahead of customer needs, MTN constantly is transforming its infrastructure to deliver the industry’s highest quality of service. The company has plans for further MTN-TV technology investments, particularly nearing the roll-out of the MTN High-Throughput Multi Spot Beam (MTN HTMS™) service next year. Around the world, 137 ships subscribe to MTN-TV. The service broadcasts 11 channels of news, sports, entertainment and special events.
In service five years this month, MTN-TV has broadcast 1,743 live special events, totaling 5,236 hours of major sporting events, awards shows, operas and ship-specific gatherings. MTN-TV HD is a turnkey solution for MTN partners, as well as vessel operators just using this particular service.
“We are proud to be the trusted provider of the world’s first global HD TV at sea,” said Bill Witiak, general manager, TV and Broadcast Services, MTN. “Delivering unmatched, live content at sea significantly improves the experience our partners can provide. It adds value to crew welfare initiatives and enhances opportunities for vessels to utilize television for operational and marketing requirements.”
About MTN
MTN is the leading provider of communications and content services for remote locations around the world. The company serves the following segments — Cruise, Ferries, Yachts, Oil and Gas, Commercial Shipping and Government. MTN brings a proven, time-tested ability to drive change that catapults customers to lead their markets through innovation, delivery of quality services, revenue maximization and operational efficiencies. A commitment to ongoing investment in technology infrastructure forges MTN ahead of growing market demands. Since launching the first stabilized satellite antenna for broadband service to ships in the 1980s, MTN has pioneered reliable remote connectivity technologies that become long-standing solutions.

B) Because they are designed to.

Last edited: