97w knowledge

slugworth

Registered
old tocomfree i928 firmware lets you save recordings in 3 different formats.
.ts(ch)
.ts(tp)
.ps
Instead of recording the entire tp in ts format I am trying the individual channels .ts
Not much action on the 1st 2 channels.
I will try the 3rd channel in a little while.
Tocomfree doesn't do powervu so any recording will be just to analyze.

dale_para_bajo

Registered
Kebien mention as well as I did that there is no Regular Channel on the recorder. But There are PMT suggesting such a channel may show up. And that is when maybe you will be require powervu.

Now in the recording provided there are 3 data unencrypted channels. I do not know your tocomfree i928 or even the V7. You had shown that the V7 can record Full transponder. But normally you are not allow to record 1 data channel on a receiver. I seen Old SD receivers like Captive Works add the data channel to the radio list!!

slugworth

Registered
i928 wouldn't record ts(ch) I had to switch over to ts(tp)and recorded 2 hours worth, 4gig .ts
Out of the 4gig, pid 66 had a 356meg mpeg file I watched with vlc media player,bloomberg tv.
Pid 65 also has a 372meg payload but just an info screen if you can't get the channel call xxx-xxx-xxxx.
pid 0x1fff 76.66%
pid 0x66 10.384%
pid 0x65 10.329%
all the remaining pids that add up to the remainder of the 100%

Last edited:

dale_para_bajo

Registered
We did learn here.

In fact as an assignment I had to look into PS encapsulation, just for the fun of it. I have an old azamerica that produce such a file. And your constant mentioning of the TS(ch) TS (tp) and PS makes me curious.

slugworth

Registered
I don't think the ts(ch)option was very popular.
The option later disappeared and was replaced by just ts or ps for saving.

slugworth

Registered
I tried playing with projectx but I can't get past the jeva error "couldn't find main class"
jre-1.6.0_14 on the pc win7
I tried versions that claimed they didn't need java and the other ones that do.There is no readme on how to set classpath.

dale_para_bajo

Registered
Listen I do not want to contradict you as I am not sure neither.

Receivers with Ali used to record in MODE PS, TS(ch) & TS (tp).

I was said at that time that PS was almost equal as mpeg.
TS is most what some other manufacturer called RAW or BIN. as the signal is been transited by satellite.

TS(ch) <= it is just TS for the (ch)annel
TS (tp) <= is for Full (tp)ransponder

In the past it was a harassment the requirement to trans-code this files to something VLC could understand. But VLC today can read all this type of mpeg mode. So we do not even realize what is going on.

I seen the name projectx but I do not recall playing with that software. Sorry. Where is the source you are looking or using?

kebien

Registered
Is simple
PES or PS refers to an video and audio channel multiplex,generally mpeg.
TS PES is encapsulated in TS format,meaning it has a PAT and PMT to build the channel.
Full TS is the complete dump of the trasponder.

slugworth

Registered
thanks to mips for ipcleaner,it makes the job a lot easier.
A windows commandline program that extracts the goodies from pid 0x66 in the .ts to play using vlc.
Pid 0x65 is yucky so I don't bother with that one.
ipcleaner -infile=000.ts pid=0x66 sub=all
extracts the files you can then play.
http://jmp.sh/JjPAGa2

dale_para_bajo

Registered
@kebien

...PES or PS refers to an video and audio channel multiplex,generally mpeg.
TS PES is encapsulated in TS format,meaning it has a PAT and PMT to build the channel...

Can we say then that the decode pid 0x65 and 0x66 are PS type Mpeg as it has no TS encapsulation.

For example try search for PES INIT string 000001 you will not find the the TS PUSI header in front neither.

And just in case this is not a trick question. I am try to learn from both of you guys. It is simple I made a wrong judgment due to the many repeated blocks. I do not want to make the same mistake again.

For example, I know now that due to the low quality picture the proportion of PES/Mpeg headers against data is big. That confused me making me believe there was no Video on the data.

So can we call those Pids in ps format? Or it is just another hide and seek cause by the UDP?

Last edited:

kebien

Registered
@kebien

Can we say then that the decode pid 0x65 and 0x66 are PS type Mpeg as it has no TS encapsulation.

For example try search for PES INIT string 000001 you will not find the the TS PUSI header in front neither.

And just in case this is not a trick question. I am try to learn from both of you guys. It is simple I made a wrong judgment due to the many repeated blocks. I do not want to make the same mistake again.

For example, I know now that due to the low quality picture the proportion of PES/Mpeg headers against data is big. That confused me making me believe there was no Video on the data.

So can we call those Pids in ps format? Or it is just another hide and seek cause by the UDP?
If there is only a video and audio pid in that stream then it is PES.
It is encapsulated into the PID
There is another interpretation of PS,which is Program Stream,this is why is wise to make the distinction.
I have no idea what's in that pid,since I only analyzed the TS structure,nothing else is important to me about this feed.

But there are DVB/IP tools that can dump the data to file or to a player,since the 90's,some broadcasting techniques have changed

dale_para_bajo

Registered
I am cut again with hurricane preparations. They used to come by Caribbean but around 65 miles hours. Last week became the strongest ever in the Atlantic, 186 miles/hours. This one I think at the moment is around 70. But they expect it to become CAT3 tomorrow. There is already half of the EU army in the small Caribbeans to the West. British, French, Dutch. Even Canada and USA I guess they will have to send help to the Helpers.

As soon as I have time I will try to look at my old PS records, create a UDP and compare with the output of this trasnponder .

I already mention, VLC reports as

Resolution: 352x240
Codec: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv).

Last edited:

iq180

Registered
it extracted the entire 55 minutes from my 4gig ts file.
tsreader only did 47 minutes.

I sent you a PM with keys.
BTW, why are you using TS recording to get keys, The GSKY is one of the best data stream recorders on the market, the bad news about the GSKY is It will not use any EMM keys that you add, you can only add ECM keys.

slugworth

Registered
I record the ts to get the pid0x66.
gsky went oddball with the jan 2017 firmware.
instead of 14byte keys they use 16byte plus provider for each channel.I already had the keys,thanks.There is no powervu video so the tp is just good for bloomberg tv iptv