So how did you get into sats??

basilyoung

Registered
This might be interesting

@ all members

So how did you all get into this hobby in the 1st place???

Me...quite litery (duff spelling) fell into it

messing around at work....(having a race on a coully (pallet lifter/transporter)
truck, with a mate...who did a "shumacker" on me...and sent me through a partition wall...straght into a load of redundant and forgotton D2MAC units

sold them to a dealer...after finding out what they were...(don,t tell me boss:rolleyes: ) but had 1 converted and returned...@ the time uk sat was on 19 east..along with TV 1000...was hooked instantly...and nearly blind as well

baz

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Good topic.

As for myself. I first bought a french receiver called xsat 310 with viaccess cam embedded. At the time it was doing miracles. It can probably be considered junk at the moment. Although there is still support for it.
Anyway, people were charging me fortune to load me a gold or fun card with some codes.
Then I figured why wouldn't I do some research and see if I can do it myself. And I did do a research, bought a programmer and few cards, fun and gold.
I've gotten to like the satellite stuff since then and kept visiting boards.
Eventually bought a samsung9500 when it's emu was opening a lot of packages.
When time came that there is not much available on emu's I sold sammy and bought myself dm7000.

Pattyren

VIP
I also got fed up of going every other day to update my matrix cam at the shop. So bought a cas and started reading and reading....now I am on to buying a dreambox....:D

Batata4u

Registered
As for me .. I started since looooooooooooooooong time ago in the "light current" systems and mainely in the audio sections + some other systems like fire alarms and CCTV and similar equipments ..

when I changed my personal analog decoder with the digital one .. I bought at first the nokia 9200 with irdeto module bc I had showtime arabia .. then I changed it to humax 5400 .. which I patched later.

And same as Rocknroll .. I had enough from the people who updated the cards for me .. I had at that time .. a seca one for all the canal+ and a viaccess one for hotbird as well as an irdeto one for nova and showtime ..

Now I have all the tools for repairing and updating different decoders and all of that because of the sites I learned from and the help of the other ..

I have 2 humax - a nokia 9800 - a Qmax without card reader - an Xcam - and some leftover ... Viaccess cam Seca cams and irdeto free cams

but I'm sticked to my original Humy which I loooooooove ...:D :D

Vipolo

Registered
My mate of 1000 adventure is humax5400 more and more times patched,i don't know a motive of long life of this old decoder but the first and only love is him :D ,and i have put inside of all....

wafer( many and many created from myself with acid and photo incision case),season,xcam,dragon cam,blocker,many card,the file i have always updated myself my cards (wafer the first),and update also for my friends (free :D ),programmer,cas2,phonix-smartmouse usb,multipippo and other....

i love this hobby :appl

freon

Registered
I've started in '88 with analog reciver, and a damn small dish :)
Then came D2MAC, Humax - a whole lot of CAM-s + cards + programmers.
Now I am on Dream 7020 (temporarily not hooked to net) ;)

HaCKaMaC

Registered
Started out with a Nokia (I belive it was 9003) D2MAC. Made some 16c84 cards to learn assembler and pic-programming. Later expanded the cards to pic + ext.eeprom. Finally wafers shoved up, and everything got a little easyer. I've used a couple of fun cards too, but never made my own programming on them.Now i only use pic's for special purpose application (industrial processing).
The old Nokia did a great job for many years, but finally I had to give in for digital. So it was tossed and replaced by a Dreambox 7020 and some new lnb's (old lnb's was singleband). Still got the old Nokia dish.
Ooh. Completely forgot my Digiality reciever. Got it 'bout 3 weeks before I bought the dream. It didn't do the job. And bought a strong after the dream. Useless too.

Last edited:

satmanbasil

Registered
I started

Hi m8s

I started in the days of d2mac BSB with the square dish only to find they sold out to s*y so lost money on that receiver to be given a crap amstrad and videocrypt decoder in return after which i bought myself a number of pace units mss100 mss500 mss1000 plus had microchip convert done to old bsb mac decoder to get tv1000 etc but then got the churchill mac decoder.
My first digital was a nokia dbox with the dvb2000 software then i got the nokia 9600 and a hundai 800ci and my fav hummy 5400 to end up with the dream 7000 plus my s*y+ receiver
I have seen all the changes in this hobby and all the doom & gloom post whenever a broadcaster is lost but what go's around comes around i say, look at premier for instants found - lost - found again.
Thats the fun I get from it that small crack that allows us access to an encrypted channel for however long it maybe.
Where do i go from here ? well i wont be getting s*y hd until more channels are available and they give the the stb's away with cornflake packets, have been done by them so many times but no more !! i am looking at the new hummy hd receivers coming into use and top of my list is a new plasma/lcd tv
The only problem with our hobby is you need deep pockets with all the new stuff around and its not getting cheaper, just look at the cost of dreamboxes now because they are so popular.

regards
satmanbasil

some of the receivers - amstrad - churchill what a trip down memory lane that was, still have them all in the loft just in case u never know ??? lol

basilyoung

Registered
he he...just been reading this thread through, seems a lot of us come from the same rabbit hole

bur reading your comments satmanbasil

if you have a second or even a third DB.....you could save yourself some money
the db can do every thing that ruppys set up does

baz

maximo

Super VIP
i started with an analogue system it was a pace if i well recall at the time i just moved in england and i could watch rai1 and 2 with it. it was great cause whan my mum came and visit me she could watch a bit of tv.
then i moved to a nokia 9200 then i was the first to have an original telepiu card so i could watch the love of my life NAPOLI FC on sunday as i live in a big italian comunity i let you immagine the ppl i had round my house on sunday but we loved it as my mum cooking for every one we used call my house THE CHURCH has for sunday we all meet there:D
then i bought my first hummy but like everyone else here i got hooked by this ppl charging a fortune just to upgrade a card that will last sometime couple weeks so i got to do myself and all my mates got hummy so i got to do thems too:rolleyes: and i still got 5 to repair in my living room.
now im in to db GOD i had some sleepless night with it as some ppl around here knows.:D :D
but like it happen in great forum like this it is so easy when you meet friends ready to help and share same interess.