New reciever wanted

terryco

Registered
Hi, I have a Liberty CI 9800 receiver which stopped working some time ago The clock display states 8888 and will not start. When I bought it some years ago I would use the remote control to input any new codes. I found a site that would allow me to plug the box into my PC (The site no longer exists). I installed some software that transfer the codes direct. As I say this was a long time ago and I've been out of the satellite game for ages. My question is can someone recommend a budget receiver that I can get in the UK that will let me use my PC to input codes, or do they no longer exist? I seem to remember Nagravision was impossible. I am like a newbie so any help would be appreciated

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
Technomate TM5402 M3 is a budget receiver and you can add the biss keys by the remote

bonou2

Registered
Hi, I have a Liberty CI 9800 receiver which stopped working some time ago The clock display states 8888 and will not start. When I bought it some years ago I would use the remote control to input any new codes. I found a site that would allow me to plug the box into my PC (The site no longer exists). I installed some software that transfer the codes direct. As I say this was a long time ago and I've been out of the satellite game for ages. My question is can someone recommend a budget receiver that I can get in the UK that will let me use my PC to input codes, or do they no longer exist? I seem to remember Nagravision was impossible. I am like a newbie so any help would be appreciated

you must check the power supply because is broken :thum:
can you upload some photos with power supply?

terryco

Registered
Thank you for the reply bonou2. Its not worth repairing as its about 10 years old. I checked on line and I can get the receiver that Brummie advised me on for £90. that's about 124 euros. I don't think they make liberty receivers now so I doubt if I would get the parts anyway

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
There is no doubt whatsoever that TM5402 M3 will be a great choice i have one myself and it has a very good and fast blindscan and tuner is very good and sensitive aswell ,
likely the best box around for feed hunting for the price and has 100 biss key lines and very fast and easy to enter Biss keys on it .
i very much doubt you will have any issues with this box
good luck : )
-
Barney2222

terryco

Registered
I have ordered a Technomate TM5402 M3. I told my Brother in Law who has a house in Spain. He asked me to find out if it allows a SR of 44000 so they can get BBC on 27.5W. Thanks in advance for help

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yes I think you can get the BBC and ITV feeds on 27.5W with the biss keys unless they are 4:2:2