Associations

ararat

birthday cake :D

diverse_0022.gif

ararat

me, too :D
-------

notebook

I sometimes used my tape recorder as one, when I had a new melody in mind and then recorded myself playing the guitar in order not to forget it.
Last year I digitized some of my guitar tape recordings - but better won´t upload one.

Meanwhile, I unlearned playing the guitar more or less, anyway. :mecry:

SassaFras

Well Known Member
@ararat wow, that's a coincidence, I've been writing and recording songs since I was 14! Play guitar / vocals...got some tunes on youtube. It's a small world! :D

laptop

ararat

windows

Yes, coincidence:D.
I never had guitar lessons, though and started a bit later at age 19. Just bought a concert guitar and started with chords D + G (Get Back - Beatles). Then things developed a bit.
Had my own (wrong) system playing right hand merely with only two fingers and couldn´t write down my melodies - had an own system only for writing down chords. I can read sheet music, but if I write some, the result is not what I intended.

Doesn´t matter anyway. My fingers (nerves) don´t work well enough any more. Haven´t played the guitar for long time. (Same counts for my keyboards.)

I even mistype often, when writing posts here.
(Perhaps I should buy a new guitar and rehearse, but I doubt, I ever would get back to old standards.)

---

I found your record on Youtube (LOL ;))

SassaFras

Well Known Member
glass
That's a shame to hear - Beatles (and Queen) were the first albums I listened to, so was influenced by them. Much respect for how you learnt and played. I can't read music only tab, but know where the chords are on the fret so get by lol. Never learnt keyboard / piano but always wish I had - at 42 guess there's still time :)

See you found one of my songs - catchy isn't it? lol :D

ararat

(quartz) sand

aegypten_0002.gif

-------

this is a test!!

and did it work? ;):D
-------

at 42 guess there's still time
then go ahead - yes, there´s still some time left for "Britain´s got talent" :):D

For myself it´s a bit late. Add 15 years (+ todays´ nausea, because I had one drink too many, yesterday**) + my sometimes a bit numb fingers und you get a lame performer.
I should rather go on writing some more pages of the novel I started years ago. I´m always too lazy.:eek:

(**Connected my headphone to my old minidisc player and inserted minidiscs with my recorded keyboard songs. Must transfer them to my pc soon or they´ll get lost. The minidiscs start having playback problems.:eek:)

but know where the chords are on the fret so get by lol
99,9% the same way I play(ed) my guitar and keyboard. :D
(reading music - rarely used)

SassaFras

Well Known Member
It's never too late ;) that's a shame about your fingers, ararat :( I know how you feel with the nausea ... I had a few yesterday lol

I've thought about writing a book many times, but never get round to it! Re minidiscs, I made sure I kept all song backing tracks on cd...played a few the other day and was weird listening to each track recorded at least 10 years back, but crystal clear :)

ararat

king

koenig_0005.gif

-------

recorded at least 10 years back
10 years ago I already wasn´t recording any more.
I recorded in the 90´s. ;)
Some keyboard songs even were MIDI recordings stored on old computer 3.5 floppy discs and later transferred with cinch cable to mini disc.

My still existing Sony MiniDisc device is this one (one of the oldest).

Luckily my recordings are not really lost or spoiled, but I somehow lost chapter separation between them.
Three separated titles on one disc now count as one title, but I may fix this and separate them again.;)
(Makes me afraid, the disc may have started loosing data, but I may have removed the missing separation marks, myself. - unnoticed and unwanted. Better I transfer the songs to pc (burn on CD) in near future.

Yes I may just send a demo for BGT :thum:

No risk, no fun! :D
I even was offered some own chances and I was too stupid (stage-fright) to grab them.

I've thought about writing a book many times, but never get round to it!
Today, I wanted to go on writing, but my telephone rang. Had to give advice on laser printers - which one to buy - took two hours until the printer got ordered. Too lazy afterwards for my fantasy novel. (I always find reasons. :rolleyes::D )

What would you like to write about, if you started writing a book?

Last edited:

SassaFras

Well Known Member
crown
images

Wow, I never used a minidisc - must have skipped that format somehow! I used to use a Tascam 4-track recorder with TDK SA-X60 cassettes.

TDK_SA90-thumb.jpg

tascam_portastudio.jpg

Last edited:

SassaFras

Well Known Member
Same here - get very nervous on stage! Ok once I'm going though.

Still got a few floppy discs with midi songs on too! That Sony looks like a nice piece of kit :)

I'm sure you'll find time for your book...as for me, really don't know what to write about - think it would be a Stephen King kind of fiction.

SassaFras

Well Known Member
What kind of songs did you record by the way...and what would your book be about? Kev. (Sassafras is my dog)

ararat

sceptre

------------

The tascam - nice device :thum:
Was close to buying one myself, too.
Should have done, because my attempts of multitrack recording with only single track tape recorders resulted in much noise and low quality.
My guitar play I only recorded on tape 10 minutes after I had found a new melody (just in order not to forget the melody - so all recordings are far beyond perfection)- all in low quality with a very cheap recorder.
On top: with a busted guitar - E (bass) string always buzzed.

Better MiniDisc quality I later only used for keyboard.
(But I didn´t record all - so, much is lost.)

I had some Casio/Yamaha/Roland keyboards throughout the years
- nowadays I still have two Roland keyboards

- the E96
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbFGDreQ9gg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2wnRlh0BQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9U2D7TD42c

- and the EG 101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lB4aPKLNE

(from the EG 101 I already didn´t take any recordings any more)
(A new neighbour often kept distracting me from rehearsing - later my fingers got too numb. Nowadays, I touch both keyboards maybe twice a year.)

What kind of songs did you record by the way...and what would your book be about? Kev. (Sassafras is my dog)
Kind of songs: Ballads, Reggae, Blues, Rock - whatever came to my mind. Mainly depending on the kind of instrument, I was playing.
Still have two guitars: Aria Western, the busted one (ballads, reggae) + Ibanez E-guitar, stratocaster clone (rock, blues, reggae).
Keyboards (Ballads, Rhumba, etc.)

My book: fantasy - space travel.

Your dog: Nice one :);)
(male, I guess by it´s name)
I only feed a homeless cat. ...

-------

Guitar example - 20+ years old (one without me singing:D) attached. ;)

Last edited:

SassaFras

Well Known Member
Car (as in Humber Sceptre)

7610002424_329a4b33cc_b.jpg

The tascam - nice device
Was close to buying one myself, too.
Should have done, because my attempts of multitrack recording with only single track tape recorders resulted in much noise and low quality.
My guitar play I only recorded on tape 10 minutes after I had found a new melody (just in order not to forget the melody - so all recordings are far beyond perfection)- all in low quality with a very cheap recorder.
On top: with a busted guitar - E (bass) string always buzzed.
Sounds like me completely! I used to try recording with a normal recorder AND my guitar was a bit iffy. My Tascam blew up! Nice keyboard music by the way. Nowadays, it's brilliant - full virtual studio on the laptop - much easier and no smoke!

Blues / rock are my main genres I used to have an Indie Les Paul clone, now just a Fender Strat plus an Encore bass.

Space travel eh? sounds interesting :) Sassafras came about from Sasha (female) as she's loopy lol That's nice you feed a homeless cat - my dog is from a rescue kennel.

That guitar sample is bloody good! Wish I could finger-pick :(

Here's one I put together last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A-t40aTb2o

Last edited:

ararat

nice car :)
if I compare it with my Renault ... ... ... (well, I´m satisfied with mine, but sure there is a difference - in appearance, at least ;))

highway (under construction)

verkehrszeichen_0003.gif

-------

Klick me: