anyone with a Tandberg powerVU?

roccky

Registered
Hi, does anyone have a Tandberg powerVU box? thinking about buying one, but I would like to know a little bit more about them!

Thanks

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
I Wouldnt say so ..IMG A Europe encrypt in Tandberg PowerVU for every EPL game ,
lots of Horse Racing Feeds on 5 East in Tandberg PowerVU
Tennis Feeds recently in Tandberg PowerVU
and many other Feeds i see too ..so why pointless surely it'll open lots of Feeds right ??

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
You also need to know the key or have a way of finding it.

I recall you could at one time purchase a powervu decoder which had been activated for AFN for various periods.

roccky

Registered
Thanks for your answers.

So then, to watch those feeds encrypted in Tandberg PowerVU, we would need the specific receiver and also the specific key for every particular feed, right?

clubfoot

Registered
the serial number of the box would need to be in the allowed list by the service provider and then you would also need the keys

trickyd-1

Registered
Also most feeds now are in DVB-S2 The cheap powervu receivers are S1. An S2 one still goes for thousands. They will only come down in price when they are less useful, I.E DVB-S-3/NS-3 becomes the standard

ETERNAL

Registered
We don't even know how to find the keys for a feed encrypted in Tandberg. I think it's useless to own one. Or is it possible to find the key but doesn't just work with normal receivers?

Last edited:

mdt

VIP
powervu isnt tandberg its sci atlanta.... the tandberg feeds are director.
powervu feeds are few and far between in europe with s.i.s, fight network ect. powervu doesnt have keys as such its ota addressable from what i can gather. i have a d9223 pulled from a bookies but no longer active or working now either. dont waste your money. there are cheap dvbs mpeg 2 rack recievers on e*** all the time alot with b*** included that are worth a shot for tests using b*** but as stated a dvbs2 capable one would be thousands. regards mdt

harshy

Registered
powervu isnt tandberg its sci atlanta.... the tandberg feeds are director.
powervu feeds are few and far between in europe with s.i.s, fight network ect. powervu doesnt have keys as such its ota addressable from what i can gather. i have a d9223 pulled from a bookies but no longer active or working now either. dont waste your money. there are cheap dvbs mpeg 2 rack recievers on e*** all the time alot with b*** included that are worth a shot for tests using b*** but as stated a dvbs2 capable one would be thousands. regards mdt

ok so to where to buy these expensive dvb-s2 powervu box ;-)

roccky

Registered
any good new regarding the tandberd encrypted feeds? any pcsat we could use for them for example?

tsakman

Registered
PowerVu management keys has been hacked

(....Abstract
In my previous paper the "Cryptanalysis of PowerVu
television broadcast encryption" [1] I have
described how it was possible find out the ECM key that can decrypt the video & audio DES keys.
For this old hack a security chip was necessary that had
valid keys inside. A special hacking
hardware (for the old timing and the new key change interruption attack) was necessary also.
For the new hack the security chip isn't needed. A self build hacking hardware isn't needed too.
As hardware only a DVB-S2 card
and a graphic card that supports CUDA is needed.
To find some management keys it has taken me one day (GeForce GTX 470). A slower card need
more time.
It's a brute fore attack on the EMMs, but because of multiple security flaws in the PowerVu system
it isn't necessary to test the full 56 bit key space
to find a key....)

More info here
http://colibri.bplaced.net/powervu.htm
and
http://colibri.bplaced.net/PowerVu_management_keys_hacked.pdf

The same person who give us CSA-Rainbow-Table

Sorry if this is already posted