180cm dish...wall bracket?

smasher2

Registered
I need to get a 1.80m dish (told it's better than 1.5m) for viewing of Astra 2E IN Scandinavia.

I know this dish is HUGE, but is there any way it can be fixed to the wall of a house, as i really don't want the ugly thing standing out in the garden! I can support it by lowering it down on the wall, so it's not high up on the roof, taking the wind, but can't seem to find any bracket for wall.

Hope someone can help!

thanks in advance!

Q-bOxHd

Registered
where in Scandinavia are you, i am aroudn here my self and have Gibertini 150 cm that works very well with Astra 2E and i receive all BBC / ITV channels or the freveiw as they call them.

I allso dod think the same as you to make a wall bracket but at the end i just ended up plant it on the garden.

smasher2

Registered
I'm near Gothenburg. Where are you? My channels break up with 110cm dish. I'm told 150cm (also a Gilbertini!) does work in some areas, but to be completely sure, i was recommended a 180cm dish.

If i could get away with a 150cm dish, then that would be great, especially if i could have it up on the wall. However, i do not know for sure if my BBC, ITV etc will be there at ALL times of the day, if i chance getting a 150cm dish.

I'd be very interested where you are, and if you have a picture at all times of the day (and if your other HD channels work too, 24hrs a day).

Hope you can help me again.

Thanks!

charis1

Registered
Only if you make a custon bracket big enought with more than 4 holes to keep this size of dish from falling from the wall and also heavy duty skrews.But if in the future you want to make it movable you cant.Also looks more ungly.Along time a go i have one for 1,60cm dish and i convert the bracket in t size lower the dish to 60cm from the ground so the on end of the bracket touch the ground,because i have a wind problem and the upper screws of the base take all the push and made loose contact.

csell

Registered
Hi Smasher2.

When you receive Astra 2E/F in Scandinavia do you actually receive it from a sidelobe.

The old Astra 2D had a sidelobe over the east cost of Sweden. The new 2E/2F have at least a sidelobe from the eastern Denmark via the west cost of Sweden and up to southern Norway.

I don't know how large a dish you need, but there was an user on the danish Recordere.dk forum that last week told us that he was able to receive 2E/F on a Channel Master 120 dish.
He was able to receive it with all his 3 different LNB's. The Quad Inverto Black Ultra was best.

He is located North and a little West of Copenhagen.

It is possible to post on the danish forum in the Swedish langauge.

Regards Carsten.

mdt

VIP
you could mount the dish on a wall if the wall is strong enough but heavy duty brackets and a 3 inch pole are not cheap and you really need to speak to someone who has experience and to make sure its safe. there is a guy near were i live who has a 1.8pf on a 3 inch pole with 3 K brackets and its been there years without problems so it is possible.regards mdt

Last edited:

smasher2

Registered
Ok, cheers.... Thanks for that. I'll speak to the shop about getting some very strong wall brackets.

By the way, anyone have a 1.5m dish in the Gothenburg area, which works for all uk freeview channels (including HD ones) WITHOUT breaking up at certain times of the day? I'd like to avoid getting a 1.8m dish if possible!

Anyone help?

Thanks again!