motorised sat dish help please.

butchyboy

Registered
hi guys i,ve a 1.2m irte prime focus satelite dish and polarmount and actuator arm.
its been set up years,but i feel its not pulling in all satelites like it use to.am not sure my dish was properly set up from day one.

i am in southeast ireland and my nearest due south is 7.west

Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 29.6°
Azimuth (true): 179.8°
Azimuth (magn.): 183.2°
LNB Skew [?]: -0.1°

Latitude: 52.8710°
Longitude: -7.1676°
got the above from dishpointer by entering latitude.

here are my details for 7.west so im almost spot on due south.

my questions are,where do i set the degree,s mark to on polar mount?, and also the dish elevation ?.

i know i keep the dish and polarmount straight and directly facing due south.

but im not sure of the degree,s mark on polarmount declination as to where it should be set and also dish elevation.

any help or advice would be truly appreciated,thanks

Last edited:

butchyboy

Registered
would this be the correct details for my latitude:

elevation angle 37
declination angle 7.552

also theres a o to 10 scale to set the declination,but theres no scale to tell you the details on setting the elevation angle,all i have is the threaded bar which goes up and down to set elevation,but this is difficult cause of no o to 90 scale to work off.

soccerfan0808

Registered
any cheap level would get you close enough to your elevation angle so that you can lock a signal. from there just tweak thread by thread until you reach maximum.

butchyboy

Registered
Latitude: 52.8710°
Longitude: -7.1676°

im wondering do i have the correct elevation angle 37
declination angle 7.552 from my latitude above ?.this is the part i would like to know if its right or wrong?

soccerfan0808

Registered
no.
1. set elevation to 52(don't worry about declination now)
2.with mount straight aim for due south sat
3. find a frequency(lyngsat or whatever)
4. with elevation set and locked you can start tweaking declination by moving dish up and down for best signal

butchyboy

Registered
no.
1. set elevation to 52(don't worry about declination now)
2.with mount straight aim for due south sat
3. find a frequency(lyngsat or whatever)
4. with elevation set and locked you can start tweaking declination by moving dish up and down for best signal

your probaly using a diseqc h-h motor?

soccerfan0808

Registered
no. polar mount and actuator. set the polar mount main axis angle to 52 and leave declination angle to about half(5) that should get you close enough. tweak declination once you find a signal.