What can you watch on Astra & Hotbird?

xpr

Registered
G'day all.

Wondering what an Octagon SX88+ or Edison Primo S2 is actually capable of viewing.

Obviously clear FTA channels, but it looks like there are many other things these (and E2 boxes) can do.

Some terminology I am trying to get to grips with :
OSCAM
CCCam
Emu

I understand broadcasters encrypt feeds. Are people somehow obfuscating the encryption?

Is there a good info page somewhere on these extensive forums that teaches about these terms and what is possible with various boxes?

My main interest is just HD channels. Although I'd like to run a box capable of playing back x265 files via Kodi.

Any pointers or advice?

william-1

Feed Hunter
Only FTA on Astra & Hotbird with the boxes you mentioned,

To get the most out of Octagon SX88+ & Edison Primo S2 you will need a motorised dish or several fixed dishes to receive these Satellites,

Hellas Sat-2 @ 39°east,
Astra 4A @ 4.8°east,
Intelsat 10-02 - Thor 5/6/7 @ 1°West
Eutelsat 5 West A @ 5°west
Eutelsat 12 West B 12.5°west
Hispasat 30W-6 @ 30°west

http://en.satexpat.com/mis/

Last edited:

xpr

Registered
Only FTA on Astra & Hotbird with the boxes you mentioned,

To get the most out of Octagon SX88+ & Edison Primo S2 you will need a motorised dish or several fixed dishes to receive these Satellites,

Hellas Sat-2 @ 39°east,
Astra 4A @ 4.8°east,
Intelsat 10-02 - Thor 5/6/7 @ 1°West
Eutelsat 5 West A @ 5°west
Eutelsat 12 West B 12.5°west
Hispasat 30W-6 @ 30°west

http://en.satexpat.com/mis/

Thanks William.
Could more be viewed with an E2 box?
If so, using what technology?

xpr

Registered
Cheers William.

I actually used to watch TV Norge back in the day.

Clearly an E2 box can do more - the Mutant HD51 is one I've got my eye on. I like the idea of Dual Tuner for the PVR side of things.

With an E2, obviously people are able to watch more using some of the technologies listed in the OP. I'm not too sure what they are or how they work, and what exactly is possible.

Would love to be enlightened.
Thanks for the link to the MIS page.