Struggling to find an image for cloned box

paulpud

Registered
We had an electrical problem a couple of days ago which resulted in our power going off and on several times in quick succession and my cloned DM800HD didn't seem to like it one bit. If I power it up it tries to boot but then I hear a noise like a faint click and the process starts all over again.

It was running Gemini Project 2; I've never really tinkered with it much as it's always worked ok and been pretty reliable. The start up screen shows SIM201 and I can still access the box using a browser, which shows the bootloader as 76.

I've tried the box on another working power supply with the same result so can only assume I need to re-flash the box with a new image, but I'm struggling to find a working link to an image suitable for flashing to a cloned DM800 with my SIM201 and bootloader 76.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
We had an electrical problem a couple of days ago which resulted in our power going off and on several times in quick succession and my cloned DM800HD didn't seem to like it one bit. If I power it up it tries to boot but then I hear a noise like a faint click and the process starts all over again.

It was running Gemini Project 2; I've never really tinkered with it much as it's always worked ok and been pretty reliable. The start up screen shows SIM201 and I can still access the box using a browser, which shows the bootloader as 76.

I've tried the box on another working power supply with the same result so can only assume I need to re-flash the box with a new image, but I'm struggling to find a working link to an image suitable for flashing to a cloned DM800 with my SIM201 and bootloader 76.

Flash a 84 ssl then a 84 image.

This problem does sound like a tuner fault though but it better to try flash an image first.

toysoft

Check the 4 big capacitors, these are perhaps dead and need replacement, only 5£ fix and your box will restart as new for 5 years,

TS

paulpud

Registered
Thanks guys.

I did check the DM800 Clone Patched Images thread, but I found that all the links I clicked on were dead. I will check out the capacitors though, it did seem strange to me that the on-off-on-off power switching would corrupt the image.

paulpud

Registered
Check the 4 big capacitors, these are perhaps dead and need replacement, only 5£ fix and your box will restart as new for 5 years,

TS

Happy to report that this indeed was the problem.

I resisted the urge to mess around with the image and check out the capacitors first. None of them had leaked but one of them had a raised top so I bought 4 x 4700uF 10v capacitors for 3 quid from ebay. Just swapped the dodgy looking one and the box booted up and worked perfectly.

Thanks again :thum: