CAM with BISS

Stejc

Donating Member
Hi,

I'm doing some experimenting with a TV that has a DVB-S2 tuner and a CAM slot, which CAM would allow me to be able to enter BISS keys via the CI menu?

Thanks

C

campag5242

The now defunct Alphacrypt PRO version can do that, should you be able to track one down. It's a bit awkward wrt decimal entry of SID left justified and keys right justified (or vice versa, I forget the details), but it works 100%. Alphacrypt were (are) great modules.

Last edited:
C

campag5242

They are a rare find... took me a while to obtain mine.

If it's a Samsung TV, you may be better to get root access with SamyGO & install Oscam, if a supported model.

If that is not an option, and needed just for short-term testing, I might lend you my module, seeing as you are be UK based.

Stejc

Donating Member
No it's a Toshiba. I've seen some Alphacrypt Lights on eBay, according to the specs that does support BISS so I presume that would work like the Pro.

C

campag5242

No, the BISS emu is only in the PRO version. I have the full family, so can confirm that.

Stejc

Donating Member
Thanks, the specs on some websites which mention BISS on the Light version must be incorrect. It is something that (if works in my TV) I will keep perminant, thanks for your offer of the loan of yours but I'll keep looking to buy one or another CAM which has BISS functionality (I've seen a mention of a Dragon CAM as a possibility).