Solo 2 won't stay on standby ?

Rake722

Registered
Hi all,

Long time solo2 clone user and all good for a couple of years.

Recently the box won't stay on standby and every time it is sent to sleep it autonomously wakes up.

Driving me nuts as it's CEC turns in the tv too in the dark of night and I have to hard power down.

No real trouble shooting done yet no reflash either but wanted to ask if it's a known issue ?

Running vix.

Many thanks

Rake

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Not a known issues no i doubt its a hardware problem. Any epg downloads waking it up from sleep mode ?

If not id start by flashing a new image.

Rake722

Registered
Thanks for the reply ferret.

I haven't updated the epg on the memory stick for ages.
As for updates during the small hours it's set to update nightly at 04.00

Had to put it in deep standby last night as just would not hold normal standby down at all

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try a fresh image mate see how you go on. Obviously the image needs to be specific to your clone.

Rake722

Registered
Thanks again ferret.

Now to find out what is compatible with my clone.

I seem to be a thread with a certain chip shown that helps determine the suitability. Will try to find

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Do you know what clone you have ?

Dragonworth or Lonrison dont have a mini usb service port on the rear where Sunray will have.

Rake722

Registered
Looks like it's not a sunray as no usb.

I may need to do a v4 job as I think it's a v2 so will need to make an rs232 cable up. Pinout required too then ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Think the pinout is included in the v4 upgrade but from memory it just serial pinout.

Rake722

Registered
Sorry to have to ask but do you have a link to the V4 update info as cant seem to find it ?

Rake722

Registered
Hmm been reading quite a number of threads describing the Lori box as unsuitalbe for V4 with a high chance of bricking ? Worth the risk ?

Rake722

Registered
OK the only solution I have found was to turn off HDMI CEC so that the TV doesnt turn on when the unit switches itself on again after being put in standby.