Best dish to work in USA & SkySat Reciever

WDTeam

Registered
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I'm new to this community also new to this Receiver / Satellite Card & Dish world. I live in USA on the east coast. I currently use IPTV which is very unreliable. I would like to install a dish and a satellite card or DVB-S2 receive to be able to hack the sports packages and record events in HD quality. Is anyone able to guide me to the process and best products? If there is a topic already would you please give me the link ?

I appreciate your help, thank you all.

WDTeam

Registered
I'm sorry i meant to put SkyStar not SkySat! damn it phone! that's why you should proof read, folks :D

iccoldbeer

Registered
North of you.First thing you must check is line of site, do you have LOS of full clarke belt? sky is circular @34.5w I do not have los and would need to insert dielectric, bein is 121w is no problem. Hobby is not cheap. I have motorized 10ft with orthomode and pair norsats for c and 1.2m for ku I use htpc with dvbviewer tbs card to tune and nvidia card for 4k easy well over a grand in my cheap setup. Check your los with dishpointer first. Lyngsat or better tvrosat charts will show you whats up there, also alot unlisted sports feeds

Last edited:

WDTeam

Registered
North of you.First thing you must check is line of site, do you have LOS of full clarke belt? sky is circular @34.5w I do not have los and would need to insert dielectric, bein is 121w is no problem. Hobby is not cheap. I have motorized 10ft with orthomode and pair norsats for c and 1.2m for ku I use htpc with dvbviewer tbs card to tune and nvidia card for 4k easy well over a grand in my cheap setup. Check your los with dishpointer first. Lyngsat or better tvrosat charts will show you whats up there, also alot unlisted sports feeds

Thank You.

iccoldbeer

Registered
occurred to me when you say satellite you may be thinking of iks and payed server if so then disregard. you would need turbo8psk capable box and connection to net probably be worse than iptv lol

Last edited:

iccoldbeer

Registered
If your still interested in the hobby.My los is 58w thru 135w with obstructions at both horizons. You may have better los as I am in wooded valley

WDTeam

Registered
im looking for a receiver of system where I can hack premium sports channels to make it simple.. What equipment can do that and I can record HD from ?

iccoldbeer

Registered
Trying to explain it can be done 2 ways.

1. emulation to receive and decrypt c and ku band network feeds TO providers.larger dish IMO better off with linux receiver or htpc than chinese

2. IKS or card share to receive and decrypt FROMa provider with a changing key sent via internet from a paid server. small dish
The equipment you want depends upon what you want to do.
I can not help with option 2 other than what I put in my reply earlier.
IMO paid server and iks is worthless, and paid server discussion is not permitted, but you would need turbo 8psk receiver and find a website dealing with na card share and inquire there about receiver.