Unable to upgrade the firmware image

eric_thefool

Registered
Dear Gurus,
first of all let me thank all of you for the support i've had by reading and learning the threads on the forum.

I'm writing in respect of my DM 500 HD (original) as I'm so far unable to upgrade any image from the old Gemini image which is now installed on it.

The decoder appear to work properly (i just want to upgrade the image) but i've encountered the following issues:
- the web-based firmware upgrade utility simply doesn't work on any browser, the flash button simply makes no effect;
- by using dreamup app with the decoder connected with both mini usb and network (but the situation is the same via usb only too) by trying to flash the ssl first and then the firmware image (latest original, or whatever image i've tried) i see dreamup advising that the procedure has been done/completed without issues but when i restart the decoder the old gemini image start normally without issues.

I can't understand what is happening or, better say, what is not happening as it appears that no modification are being made to the dreambox rom.

Thanks to all of you for your attention and suggestions in order to sort out the issue.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
have you installed the VCP driver
(USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) driver)

this then gives you a virtual com port in dreamup on your PC enter the com port it gives you into dreamup

P.S make sure you don't download a clone image

eric_thefool

Registered
Thanks for your message.

Yes of course, i've installed the driver and the decoder is perfectly recognized. I will try by the way to use the drivers you posted just to make another attempt but again as far as i can see the drivers are working properly.

Thanks again!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
have you updated your bootloader http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=124826&page=2 .nfi is the easiest to upgrade

it could be you are uploading an image with a later bootloader in it usually if you update the bootloader first the later images are usually fine, you may have to go up in stages if your still on the first bootloader but it only takes seconds to flash the bootloaders

eric_thefool

Registered
Thanks for your reply. However yes I've tried, as already done in the past also for other decoders, to upgrade the ssl first and then the firmware but considering the results (boot of the old image) I've tried also to install the firmware first and then the ssl but the result has been the same