1.25 Gibertini dish, where to buy in UK?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have decided to buy a 1.25 Gibertini dish. I can't risk going any bigger (sadly) in my location as I am sure that I would have my local council chasing after me.

I haven't done a lot of research but so far I can find a brand new one priced at £169. Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper in the UK?
I don't want to buy second hand.

RimaNTSS

Registered
I am always giving this advice: Buy second hand polarmounted Channel Master 1.2m for ~5o quid, wash it and you will get much better satellite system than any other made of tin one. BTW, 1.25 Gibertini does not mean that dish has 125cm effective area..... this is seller's trick to sell better.

RimaNTSS

Registered
Gibertini is 1.2m dish and performs more or less same as any other 1.2m dish. Of course with assumption that dishes are not warped. After years passing by all metal dishes (including Gibertini) will loose performance. In contrary, glass dishes (Channel Master) not so affected by time, weather conditions and applied weight of the feed. Therefore, CM is better choice, IMHO.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I see that Channel master was taken over by Andrews then taken over by Raven.
Are the Raven ones still made to the same standard as the original Channel master?

RimaNTSS

Registered
Company's name has changed but mould is the same. Same standard, same material, same size, same logo on the back of the dish.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
That's where I got the £169 price from. :D
That includes free delivery but obviously includes the price of delivery in reality.

slayer7

Donating Member
in my opinion you will need gilbert feed horn & inverto pro lnb. was testing on my 1.5m gilbert yesterday on 3west german feeds was able to get sensitive signals but on normal black ultra nothing although a 1.25 would struggle with 3 west imo. there is a discount code of 15% that you may be able to use. pm me not sure if it works but worth a try.

wooley

Registered
channel master 1.2m will beat a gibby 1.25m all day long and theres usually some for sale on fleabay at a good price ,

pipedream

Registered
They are both very good dishes most people buy the Gibby thinking it's a light weight dish it's not that light with the steel mount on the back. From memory it is about 16.5 kg. You will require a 36 volt motor to drive it, same for the CM

slayer7

Donating Member
there is a post on another forum with a guy who uses two gilbert 1.25 with h-h motors one a stab and 1 with metal gear h-h, he has two and says he has no probs.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am aware that many people use a Stab HH120 to drive their 1.25 gibby and for many years.

RimaNTSS

Registered
Speaking about CM dish: there is one for sale @gumtree right now. With polar mount and stand. For only 50 GBP. BTW, mirror of CM 1.2m weights only 10kg and also can be driven by Diseqc motor. I have one on Diseqc motor more than 1 year.