Key Insertion for Freesat V7

Costactc

Registered
I just received my Freesat v7 receiver and I am having an issue trying to insert powervu keys. The menu is as follows:

Caid( I cannot access that one)

Provid

Idx

Key Data

My other receivers have a slot for the transponder frequency and for 00 and 01 key. I can't figure it out and would really appreciate any help on this.

Costactc

Registered
I guess nobody else on this forum has the Freesat V7, just wish I could figure out how to input the keys.

Costactc

Registered
I have figured out that Idx is either 00 or 01 and keys are not an issue as I have many working. I just can't figure out what to input for Provi.

Costactc

Registered
Thanks for your reply. If I have a transponder I would like to open up with info:

3900 V 28000
sid= 1
vpid= 1160

What info would I place in the Provi bar in the powervu key menu? I have no issue with key or Idx.

cabrum

Registered
I have the same freesat receiver, and no luck with the keys input. I do have working ones, but not sure about Provid.

n&n

Registered
freesat V7

Hi Members, I just brought freesat V7. I can watch powervu channels in my PC with DVB Dream software via USB receiver. But I dont know how to setup powervu in freesat V7. I import softcam.key file to receiver but none of them working. I'm using asiasat 7 105.5E. Need help from you.

Thanks
N&N

homefront

Registered
Try: 0009-P*w*r*u-00/01-keys
provider-type-Idx-keys
G17,91w 4180 V 30000.
(0009 = CCTV4) V7 works but each SID (Provider) opens one channel
Good luck

radikale

Registered
this box, its garbage... in their oficial site, i cant download user manual, and the DBeditor 2.1 cant open the files for freesat v7.

homefront

Registered
The Freesat V7 & V8 Super with latest firmware update
are working as advertised.
just input P 0000 00/01 and keys, turn box OFF/ON to
open channels.

rostm

Registered
Where can you download the latest firmware? My one comes up with error, when I am trying to get it from freesat.cn.

homefront

Registered
The latest firmware is okay. Try download it again
and don't forget to include the " backdoor.cfg " file
in the USB flash drive when you update the box.

afridij

Registered
Even after upgrading with new firmware and loading softcam.key, the channels doesn't open of Powervu of AS7. Can anyone help how to get them working.

SatEze

Donating Member
I'm new at this please, forgive my ignorance. Just picked up a Freesat v7 receiver, and can't successfully insert the powervu keys. Can anyone explain the following?

Provid: What do I input here?

Idx: What do I input here?

Key Data: How many digits? Do I include the "00" and "01"?

A tutorial will be highly appreciated.

Secondly, how do I get a softcam file compatible with the Freesat V7?

Last edited:

SatEze

Donating Member
Thanks for your reply. If I have a transponder I would like to open up with info:

3900 V 28000
sid= 1
vpid= 1160

What info would I place in the Provi bar in the powervu key menu? I have no issue with key or Idx.
Did you get this to work?