Finally nearly fixed DM800HD Clone BUT …..

tjpearson

Registered
Fixed CA Error by flashing Bootloader SSL75, this seemed to have fixed the error and let me connect via Dreamup and successfully flash clone image GP_4.6+_dm800-20100108.nfi but I really don’t like this image.

My issue now is to configure tuner message but the image seems very confusing of how to actually do this and would love some advice now that I have the box working again, to some degree;

What bootloader can I go up to and what would be the best image available, I have searched and searched for files but all links either seem dead or unavailable.

Just wondered if anyone out there with a Dreambox DM800HD Clone has good working files saved that they could possibly pm me, I would be so grateful.

Dreambox DM800HD Clone
Enigma 2
SSL 75 Bootloader so believe SIM to be 2.01

Thanks,
tjpearson

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Look at the sim take the top off does it have a gold hologram saying sim 2. If it does we can go from there.

tjpearson

Registered
Hello Ferret,

From what I can tell it defo has a gold hologram and as I am unable to get the Sim out I think I can make out 2.1 and this is also printed on the Sim. I seem to remember when the box was running Blackhole Image years ago it booted up saying Ferrari Sim but may have convinced myself of that having done nothing but read posts this last three weeks.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so now what you need to do is flash a new boot loader to it anything in the 84 range and then a 84 image. These files are in the download section

tjpearson

Registered
OK Ferret,

Thanks so much, just needed a little guidance and this has helped loads.

That's my next weekend occupied doing this, my wife will be so happy.

tj

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Here is a 84ssl attached

Use the nfy version and flash it as though it was an image via your browser it will take second to complete.

Then flash an sim 2 84ssl image

tjpearson

Registered
Thanks even more Ferret,

This is what makes some forums good and others bad,nice not being made to feel belittled as well.

If you see this can I ask one last thing, what image would you recommend for DM800HD clone using the bootloader you've supplied,I've also installed an internal hard drive that worked well before things goosed up.

tj

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Id run OpenATV the trouble with recent images are they have limited space so the first thing you should do after flashing is install Flashexpander use this with a mounted usb stick then space does not become an issue.

tjpearson

Registered
Lovely,will try that and just downloaded Blackhole so will have a few to try.

Will update this thread with success or not this weekend to help others.

Nice one Ferret you have been a massive help.

tj

tjpearson

Registered
After all the help on this forum and especially from Ferret I am pleased to say all worked a treat.

I know have a lovely working Dreambox, all I need now is to set up all my sats and bouquets so I'm sure I will be asking for more help next weekend.

If others are suffering the I was please let me know and I will develop a DropBox folder with required files used to fix.

tj