Upgrade pb with DM600 PVR

Nikos_r

Registered
Since the beginning, I had problems to upgrade my DM600 PVR.
1st model refused the upgrade image with RS232 or NETWORK. :mad:
2nd model refused until I destroyed the boot files to have a corrupted system. Then I could upload via RS232. :confused:
Now, it worked with Gemini 3.6 quite well for a few month but since a week, FTP service refuse to work so I can't upload new keys. :mecry:
I would like to avoid to destroy again the boot files because if it fails, I don't want to send the DM600 to my reseller with a Gemini image...
Any advise anyone ?
Thanks !
Nico.

Nikos_r

Registered
Thanks for your reply but it doesn't help. This manual is the same that the printed version in the box and there is absolutely nothing about DREAMUP nor troubleshooting. The only reference to update is "ftp your image to the /tmp" but, as you know, on DM600, there is no HDD so there is not enough space to save an image on the eprom... Any more advice ?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You should uncheck "Use Network" box in dreamup, only connect serial cable. If dreamup can't load image there is not much alternatives. Other then trying with jtag, but not sure that is applicable with dm600. Just make sure you try latest dramup version.
There is also "recover bad sectors" option in extras tab of dreamup, I guess that is worth a try if there is no way for you to flash that box.

mhuk

Registered
Also, an RS232 cable is not quite the same as a null modem cable- the pins are soldered differently (from memory).

If FTP has stopped working can your Dreambox still access the Internet?