Clone Boxes

SSHIFT

Registered
Hi Everybody,

I need help. A friend of mine has (thought to be original) dreambox. He had a black screen with blinking letters

"Clone Box Detected. Adios Amigo"

The dreambox doesn't start up afterwards. He had image Gemini 4.3.1

Any help would be appreciated how to get it up running.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I doubt he had gemini 4.3.1 on that box as that version doesn't have any protection against clones. I guess he should try flashing it with dream up and loading either gemini 4.3.1 or some other image.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately it seems they sneaked a timed bomb in gemini 4.3.1 people on other boards reporting dead boxes as well.
This is very nasty way of fighting against cloned boxes, as it will cost people money if the box can't be repaired.
I am actually considering we boycott gemini team on this board and remove all their images.
Maybe we should put it up on vote.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
If someone wants to try and save their box I think it should be possible with jtag, I imagine it just destroyed the boot sector. It should be possible to recover by loading it over jtag interface.
At least people claim it is possible. I wouldn't know for sure, never personally tried jtag procedure.
Archive contains pin outs for jtag,boot files for dm500 and windows tool.

Alex99

Registered
hi

anyone use Gemini 4.0 and above
you will loss your dreambox and can't make anything

cause this message show today on my tv screen and my friends also

(( warning -clone box detected - system stop contact your dealer - adios amigo! ))

adios amigo = goodbye friends ( spanish word )
=============

i think there is cooperation beween Dreammultimedia and gemini team to fight clone boxes

=============

the message showed in many boxes in the world

i mean clone boxes not original

so be careful be safe
This its problem its vailable only clone working image geminii 430/431

receiver is dead { bootloader failed } if u use Gemini 4.3.1
dsc02736sg7.jpg

jagger-m

Registered
Adios Gemini!

My friend bought a year ago "original" dm 500 in legal sat shop(it was around 300 euros cost),now his box is dead.He called sat shop today, but receiver is out of waranty now ,year + ,passed.Anyway they dont know nothing about bombs in receivers...and advice him to plug
receiver in power outlet, and not to try start dm500 with matches ,gun powder, bombs or any other alternative energy.

So it is very nasty from ihad team to say that everybody knows when buying dm500, is it original box or not.

I have a dm7000 ,gemini 4.3.1 was inside,but for the last time.Now running sif team ,it is very nice image.

Who knows, maybe gemini team decide to kill all 7000 with orange display...

SSHIFT

Registered
My friend's box seems original. Sticker on the back, and everything right.

Why the consumer take the risk? Who shold we know whic iriginal which not.

In the meantime checked hardware and no hardware problem caused. So rapairable but don't know how.

Whoever made this problem it is advisable:

Instead of f**king with innicent people f**k with those who counterfeit or who sell. Because all look and work the same and I cannot see a difference. Even if I take it apart alll is the same components by components.

Last edited by a moderator:

satelliet

Registered
Of course it's not always the fault of the buyer who didn't know, but the reseller surely knews and got a lot of profit on the price.
So go back to the reseller, with a hamer and tapping on his desk to claim your warranty!!!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
an howto looks like you will need a jtag and a CAS II programmer

thanks to calhordas

thetarget

Registered
gemini team are well out of order killing peoples boxes like this

in effect they are doing dream media's dirty work

dream have done very little to stop cloning or stop people
getting ripped off and paying full price for what they think
is a genuine dm box

this alone has made the normal sat hobbyist think twice before buying a dreambox
just incase you end up with a £159 box that is a clone only you wouldnt know till its too late

i did what i think alot of people did and just went right for an clone
eagle box aleast i know its a clone and i didnt pay top bat for it.

if there would have been a sure way to get a 100% dreambox maybe i would have.

ecallawevad

Registered
Its actually UNLAWFUL to povide afirmware update, tell everyone that there is no detection for clones. Then write in code that attacks the hardware. Even adware has to tell you it exists in the terms and conditions.
It makes no difference whether Gemini put adisclaimer in for the use of their firmware as the disclaimer is void if they deliberately wrote code to cause damage to anyones unit.
Note: It is not illegal to own a counterfeit produce, just to sell it.
I would seriously look at claiming compensation from Gemini. They appear to have written code to deliberately cause damage.

ecallawevad

Registered
If a connection can be found with Dream Multimedia, you may also like to persue them for compensation and repair costs to your private unit.

Demolition

Registered
Gemini Team did Warn Clone Users before ..

Some people don`t reed the reedme.

Attention...
Gemini 4.30 is only for genuine DM 500 manufactured by Dream-Multimedia..

It's not a Dream.It's a Nightmare
The Gemini is developed only for Dreambox
BluePanel loced!!!

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
Of course it's not always the fault of the buyer who didn't know, but the reseller surely knews and got a lot of profit on the price.
So go back to the reseller, with a hamer and tapping on his desk to claim your warranty!!!

no body can do that ...

i tell you why m8...

where you buy the box,, he sold the box whit a image to you ???? 85% no********

Now if you modify any illegal frimware or same think like this it's your own responibility....

from here,,, end of user side ******** they F*c*K the users from both side....

They cant complain or same think else...

And beware now all image's coming up we dont know who's using which cvs format whit this new drivers...