Error msg "Switch: Service could not be found"

DesertGoon

Registered
From time to time I get this error message on the screen although the strength and quality of the signal are very good. The cable is straight from a single LNB (no diseqc). If I reboot my 7020, sometimes the problem goes away and sometimes it doesn't. Can you tell me what causes this problem? :( Please help.

Thanks.
DG

Pattyren

VIP
Verty strange especially since you say you have no diseq switch and lnb is connected straight to dreambox :confused:

All i can think of is that lnb might be defective or reaching its end, and so even though you get a good signal you get that message. Try using another lnb

DesertGoon

Registered
Thanks for the suggestion but I managed to solve the problem by reflashing the image. Perhaps some config files were corrupted... :rolleyes:

~DG

Fisk51

Registered
Hi..

Have you try

remote controll
Meny
(6) Setup
Expert Setup...
Skip confirmation...OK..enable..green
Hide error windows..OK..enable...green

I think it will do the job...

You have to do that every time you install a new Image

ymag

Registered
i've the same problem as well.

i've 4 satellites configuration via diseeq and some channels behave that way. i'm not sure if it's a diseqc problem, lnb or dish alignment because when i try searching for those channels i get nothing although dish signal looks good (snr 67%, agc 85%, ber 5140)

any ideas?

boxforum

Registered
i've the same problem as well on dm 500.

on the old image, i've got the problem and also after i've been flash a new image i can't find my sat on diseq.

some one may help me?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
i've the same problem as well on dm 500.

on the old image, i've got the problem and also after i've been flash a new image i can't find my sat on diseq.

some one may help me?

You have to backup your /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config file from an old image before flashing with new one. So you can restore it later.

SSHIFT

Registered
this problem is mainly caused by two reasons:

1. diseq motor position is not in place
2. bad transponder(frequncy) info

TheSnowSnake

Registered
From time to time I get this error message on the screen although the strength and quality of the signal are very good. The cable is straight from a single LNB (no diseqc). If I reboot my 7020, sometimes the problem goes away and sometimes it doesn't. Can you tell me what causes this problem? :( Please help.

Thanks.
DG

Same problem one lnb (Dish type) direct connect no switch.Loaded channel lists for dish 110/119 and get service not found switch error