transcoding setup

levi45

Registered
Hi everyone on this tutorial i am going to show you how to Setting up for transcoding on vu+solo2
Step 1 make sure openwebif is Activated on extension solo2 and then on your router forward port 80 and 8002
opewebif.jpg

Step 2 On solo2 Go to Menu > extension > Transcoding Setup
transcoding_01.jpg

Step 3 Activated transcoding there
transcoding_02.jpg

Step 4 Now connect to the your box webif via your pc,taplet or phone like (http://ipno:80) it is lot easy if you get Dyndns address
On top left hand side click tv then sellect bouquet Choose the 2nd tv icon then selected channel will start play in a few seconds its recommend 2 satellite cable on your solo2 if you have only 1 cable running from your dish then you can only watch what channel showing on your solo2
streamlink.png

Some picture from android tablet
Screenshot_2013_01_02_00_10_21.png

Picture From pc vlc player
vlc_transcoding_info.png

Via 1Mbit Upload you can easily watch tv from your solo2 anywhere in the world long as you are connect to the internet

Credits
Thaks to my very good turkish frend making this tutorial for us
Thanks to me (levi) for transleting

PVi1

Registered
just telnet to your solo 2:
telnet xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa

enter username: root
press enter

enter passwd and presss enter
enter new password and press enter
reenter new password and press enter

enable web authenticatio and login as root with your new pass.

diterpap

Registered
after the login with name:root and password(passwd) it say
"no record of root in etc/shadow, using etc/passwd"
and after say
changing password for root
New password
but it isnt show characters like this *.
When im connecting with Dyndns address of vusolo2 it isnt accept the password(passwd).
how i can change it?
help me plz!!!
thank you!!!

netphreak

Registered
Yes, the low bitrate makes this (almost) not worth it... There's so many HD only channels today, and transcoding is the only way to stream to iPad/iPhone - does anyone know if the lack of userselectable bandwidth is a hardware limitation of VU+ (in my case Solo2)?

Robinson74

Registered
I have a question before buying a Solo2.
Let's say I have an upload of 3 Mbit/s at home.
It is obvious most good channels have a higher bitrate than that. Some of them even up to 20 Mbit/s. Does the Vu+ Solo2 adjust the output bitrate on-the-fly? Or is it set at a certain costant value? If so, by the user or by the box?
What if my upload were only 1 Mbit/s or 512 KBit/s?

Robinson74

Registered
Hi,
I have installed the latest OpenPLi image for Solo2 but there is no transcoding setup plugin in the list. Also, the additional icon in OpenWebif does not show up. Do I need to install the plugin manually? Where can I get the right version of the plugin?
Any advice would be appreciated including even a change of image.

diterpap

Registered
After one update with usb backup by zvonco67 i dont have conection
with vu+control and openwebif with ip of receiver .
At openwebif the port are ok like this:eek:k,00080,ok,08001,no
and transcoding is yes,8002.where i have to see the ip of receiver?please helpme.thank you.

digi247

Registered
The Solo2 has a fixed bitrate that cannot be altered as the on-fly transcoding is done via software where as the Duo2 is done via hardware and has a variable bitrate setting

Robinson74

Registered
digi247, have you tried the letast drivers? Apparently not.
3 different bitrates can be used. Also, different frame rates can be used, similarly to Duo2.

digi247

Registered
digi247, have you tried the letast drivers? Apparently not.
3 different bitrates can be used. Also, different frame rates can be used, similarly to Duo2.

No i have not and i am very glad to see they have added this feature i got rid of mine due to tuner sensitivity being awful