dreambox-image-dm8000-20151230.nfi

Date: 2015-12-30 23:45
Enigma2: 3.999git20151231-r9.0
Distro: opendreambox 2.0.0
Machine: Dreambox dm8000
Link: http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/2.0.3/ipk
MD5: e76575bb7021babbd0a6f9ec4f3871df
SHA256: 67fbcb461d2d0d286f0af5c8373aa24e29bbd71ad6518215fa416d1e0a52784f

enigma2 20151202 (4.0) -> 20151230 (4.0)
- dvbnamespace is now always 0xFFFF0000 for DVB-C and 0xEEEE0000 for DVB-T (compatible with OE2.2)
- fixed possible crashes / endless loops on title change in mediaplayer (introduced in 20151202 tarball)
- fixed possible crashes on try to play unaccessible mediafiles
- fixed possible deadlock caused by media subtitles
- fixed audio/subtitle selection on movie playback with players opened via mainmenu
- better compatibility with external plugins which patches the ChannelSelection
- fixed crash on non driver based cable transponder search

Last edited:

ararat

Hi, all :)

No new Merlin firmware. ...

Just informing those of you, who are cutting and repairing their DVB recordings with TS-Doctor:

New TS-Doctor V2.0 is out. (For more details click here)

The full version of TS-Doctor 2 costs the same as the older version = 29 €.
Update from version 1 to version 2 costs 17,90 €. You need to enter your TS-Doctor 1.2 serial-no.* during ordering process in order to get the reduced update price.
(* to be found in "HELP / About " - Something like )

Both versions, 1 and 2, may coexist on your computer. Thus, you may try the new version for 30 days without uninstalling your existing older version.

Older TS-Doctor 1.2 won´t be developed any further. Version 1.2.184 will stay the last.

I updated yesterday and only tested with ten *.ts files from my dreambox8000, yet.
Faster + some nice improvements. Not dissatisfied for only 17.90 €. ;)

Have a good time, all. :thum:

ararat

Much faster, especially when you are using SSD instead of HDD for workfiles.
(Not so much when using only HDD on your computer.)

Some nice features above that.

File/import allows you to import MKV,MP4,VOB, etc. and let the TSD2 create a new, clean TS file from them.

UPNP streaming allows you to import, clean, cut, store recordings from receivers that usually don´t give you access / scramble files (but allow you to stream scrambled / unscrambled recordings in home network - e.g. to your smartTV). ;)

SRT subtitles (even coloured) can be exported from teletext / epg data.

New video analysis mode implemented for TSD2 autocut function - recognizes when "channel logo" is missing in video and marks those parts as adverts.

Nice improvements. :)

Some may not like - but i do:
New TSD2 now uses up to date Windows storage behaviour.
(Windows 7 and above always store the last used folder´s adress in registry for every opened window. Old TSD1 used older storage behaviour like used in Windows XP.)
Useful, when you always open your source files (recordings) in a folder A and let TSD2 copy the cut recordings to a folder B. (I work this way.)
Not so useful, if you always open source folder A and let send the cut/cleaned recordings to folder B, C, D, E, ... .

Last edited:

ararat

Hi all. :)

Nothing new, but s.th. that may help those of you who are still using a dreambox 8000.
(i´m still using both my dm8000s)

I was VERY close to repolacing my 8000s, because they very often showed me annoying "spinner" wheels. Often the boxes even froze completely. :eek:

I got rid of that problem since about three months, already. :)
Seems that flash memory got bit "overcrowded" sometimes, causing hangups.
What helps a lot to free up flash memory: Switch off caching of teletext data.

Just open a teletext window, then press MENU button on remote control and disable the caching for teletext pages. Restart your box.
This should free up a lot of flash memory and should let your box run stable again.
(At least it worked perfectly well for both my 8000s. Not one single hangup any more, since then.).

Disadvantage: Teletext pages will not get preloaded any more and will always only load when you call them.
(I can live with that nuch better than with hangups. ;) )

marioshamb

Registered
Hi all. :)

Nothing new, but s.th. that may help those of you who are still using a dreambox 8000.
(i´m still using both my dm8000s)

I was VERY close to repolacing my 8000s, because they very often showed me annoying "spinner" wheels. Often the boxes even froze completely. :eek:

I got rid of that problem since about three months, already. :)
Seems that flash memory got bit "overcrowded" sometimes, causing hangups.
What helps a lot to free up flash memory: Switch off caching of teletext data.

Just open a teletext window, then press MENU button on remote control and disable the caching for teletext pages. Restart your box.
This should free up a lot of flash memory and should let your box run stable again.
(At least it worked perfectly well for both my 8000s. Not one single hangup any more, since then.).

Disadvantage: Teletext pages will not get preloaded any more and will always only load when you call them.
(I can live with that nuch better than with hangups. ;) )

Hello to everyone and specially to you.Also my DM 8000(genuine), from time to time keeps spinning and sometimes hangs up.
I use openATV and i choosed a channel with teletext and then i pressed menu.I don't find any option for disabling cache....

ararat

Hi @marioshamb :)

Maybe it´s called different in your language.
When i open a teletext window with TXT button on remote and then with open teletext press MENU, i can change the settings for teletext.

One line in the settings window reads (in german):
Puffern im Hintergrund
meaning
Caching (pages) in background

There you can set it activated or deactivated. Deactivating, as shown on my added screenshot, gives you more free memory.

---

I am using Merlin 3 firmware, which may have different teletext than openATV.
Merlin 3 id based on original dreambox OE2.0 firmware.

Have a good time, all :thum:
and especially, you :)

ararat

OpenATV is not based on Enigma OE 1.x, 2.x software.
(I read at openATV board.)

Original Dreambox OE 2.0 software and higher introduced new teletext software with more functions. There you can disable caching.

OpenATV firmware should come with different teletext software.
That´s why the option is missing, i guess.

(Maybe you could disable some unused plugins in order to get more free flash memory?)

naveed68

Registered
Merry Christmas ho ho ho :) like so good to see you all:)

So what's in the Christmas bag in still hoping for sacredness lol like a screen less tv or dreambox viking to emerge with 4k hacked :rolleyes:

Well hears to hoping :clapping: come on you saints merry Christmas my good old dream mates lol

My good old mates panther and Ararat what's on like how good is the 8000 now such as iptv and what's new still reading and better still how's the hardware been for you cause I haven't had a 8000 for many moons tempted to buying a new receiver for Christmas

Cheers naveed maybe I might get another 8000 :cool:

ararat

Merry Christmas / Seasons Greetings
@naveed68 and to all friends.

:newyear:

My christmas bag is rather empty this year.
Bought my presents earlier this year. ;)
New hardware for my pc: new core-i7 4790k cpu / new Nvidia GTX 980 Ti graphics card (four weeks before GTX 1080 was released :rolleyes:) / new SSD / new active surround studio spekers, etc.)

dreambox viking to emerge with 4k hacked

4K resolution - ... i can wait.
Am using a 21:9 tv, already. Resolution is above Full HD, already: 2560:1080p
Wonderful clear, sharp, picture. All cinema movies 2D and 3D in fullscreen without black bars.
If i buy a new 16:9 UHD tv, maybe with HDR + Dolby vision, i will get annoying black bars again. A new 4K tv (which must include 3D function, because i´ve got more than 90 3D-blu-rays and will collect more), i may only buy, when my existing 21:9 tv busts.

But if i wanted to buy a new sat-receiver, of course i wouldn´t buy a dreambox 8000 any more.
Today I´d rather chose the dreambox 900 UHD - to be prepared for 4K - if a dreambox at all.
Maybe i´d rather buy the VU+ Solo 4K or the new Ultimo 4K. Depends on how much money i´d like to spend. (I like the idea of connecting my existing unicable lnb to the new VU+ fbc tuners.)

But hopefully i´ll get much time to wait until i have to buy one of these new h265 receivers. Those who buy first, always have to live with early firmware issues. Already read postings in forums about artifacts in recordings. :rolleyes:
Not again! Don´t want spoiled recordings any more like i had the first year, when i got my 8000s.

If my dreamboxes 8000s go on working flawlessly as they now do, i won´t buy new devices. If they bust, i´ll then have no other choice and will buy a new 4k model (but not the latest one with early firmware).

how good is the 8000 now such as iptv

IPTV i don´t use with dreambox any more (i did for a short time). The 8000s can run IPTV satifyingly, if wanted. New receivers are faster, of course and offer better connectors like e.g. GBit LAN, USB 3.0, etc..
I prefer satellite to iptv, anyway. Got sta-tv, cable-tv, Amazon Prime video (with FireTV box or my RaspberryPi2 + Kodi) + regularly buy 2D/3D blu-rays*. (*Much better sound and picture quality compared to pay tv + no ads.)
Can´t watch tv all the time, although i do a lot.

Like to play some pc-games in between and they take a lot of my time, too.;)
Will e.g. have to kill a poor monster tomorrow. :D

Now you see, why i needed new pc hardware rather than new sat-receiver.
(The wolfenstein game, if played on pc, needs an Intel corei7 or comparable AMD cpu and powerful graphics card.)

Go get a new 8000 naveed68! ;):D
(Some are cheap, some overprized if you can get a used one. From 219 € up to 536 € i found 4 devices at german Amazon.)

Much more important:
You and all reading here - stay healthy, take care and have a good time!

naveed68

Registered
:newyear:Merry Christmas

Nice set up for gt you'll have to pm me your gt profile so I can invite you to a race and ya can pm me the best wheel.

Yeah I'm still undecided but I'm happy with my 4 k net flix and my lg 4k oled still miss the 8000.

I had no choice but to sell my 8000 i had been working with a broken arm for 1 year be for my ligament finally snapped in my shoulder,
I had to sell all my prise possessions to keep going.
But the way I see it now that I'm back and in the money I may just buy a dm8000 just because I'm not going to wait till 4k is hacked on sat untill I buy a new receiver but that's not going to be for a while so I may as well enjoy a good box untill then.
I have an IP box alien works flawlessly.
Like you I prefer satellite to iota.

8000 sms There going cheap enough now on ebay too.
Glad to here the hardware is fine and like you test it to the hilt lol;);)

Don't forget to pm me cheers dudes:thum:

ararat

In a hurry:

lg 4k oled - nice :D

But 8000 i wouldn´t buy any more. New dreambox 900 UHD ~289 € + x € for harddrive is better choice. ;)
(8000 only, if much cheaper than 900 UHD)

Why? 900 UHD better e.g.:
Upscaling to 1080p,
GBit LAN (why upload recordings via home network to your pc in 10 mins, when you can in 1 min?)
HDMI IN socket (you may once find useful ;))
USB 3.0 (useful in case you use external USB 3.0 HDD for recording and copy recordings directly to a pc with ext2fsd driver.)

But: 900 UHD may show teething troubles the first year.

Best wishes for your arm, shoulder, job! :thum:
Sent p.m.

Greetings all :)

ararat

Same to you my friend lt707 :) and all who are still reading here
at "cccam Oe2 image" :)
(... although development of CCCam / SCAM has ended and OSCAM is the only cam for the future and although after oe2 there came oe2.2 and oe2.5 ... ;)):

Happy New Year 2017! :):thum:

lt707

Registered
Yes Cccam has ended.
With oe2.5 will have to try oscam
Sooner i'll have to learn ao to do that.´

Regards

ararat

Hi lt707 and all :)

If you need to learn Oscam, you may read the wiki.
Hope, i may place the link to the OSCAM WIKI here.

I used OSCAM for some time and after manually installing it and starting it with a script command on dreambox bootup, it worked fine.
OSCAM helped me to go on watching scrambled broadcasts with my dreambox 8000, when SCAM became dangerous (marriage of smartcards to hardware). So i could avoid having to use crippled hardware from "heavenly" provider. ;)
BUT, using OSCAM against a provider´s latest encryption / hardware marriage strategies means:
You regularly have to read how to prevent your smartcard from becoming useless in your free receiver!

Long time ago i already ended my subscription for pay tv. I won´t use pay tv any more. (Got nice cheap offers, but refused.)
- Too many adverts and annoyances,
- picture and sound quality worsening (low bitrates: too many channels per transponder, only poor, dull DD 5.1 sound),
- smartcards wanting to get married to crippled hardware. :mad::mad:

Paying money for something that i don´t want and don´t like, would only tell the provider, that i accept all his new restrictions, but i don´t. So now, i only watch free to air channels, free or paid streaming services and quality 2D/3D blu-ray discs.

I only used OSCAM until the moment that i left from pay tv.
The most effective way to tell a provider "i don´t like your product" is NOT to buy.
The most effective way to avoid restrictions is NOT to buy.
Only if they see, they can´t sell, then they change.

(Remark: Scrambled audio CDs got removed from market / X-Box One restrictions removed, etc.. Customers were successful in these cases, only because they did NOT buy. Protesting, but buying anyhow is useless.)

By the way: OSCAM and alternative CAM modules are not always successful any more. Due to a new encryption method some heavenly channels (... 1 / ... UHD) already can only be watched with heavenly hardware only (only with the crippled receiver - not with OSCAM, not with alternative CAM module and not even with the heavenly CI+ module.).

Times may soon come, when you won´t have any choice but the provider´s crippled hardware any more. :rolleyes:

If you still want to try, (but may not want OSCAM any more):
- Alternative recomendable CAM module at the moment, e.g.: Alphacrypt Light v2.2 with alternative One4All 2.4x firmware.
or
- You may as well use the provider´s official CI+ module in a dreambox or VU+ box that supports CI+ plugin.

What ever method you choose, OSCAM, alternative CAM module or CI+ module with CI+ plugin:
You will always have to read a lot and stay up to date and maybe in near future you will have to switch to the pay tv provider´s restricted hardware, anyway.

Times are over when you could just install a softcam / CAM module once and then forget about it. :eek:

Have a good time, all :):thum:

lt707

Registered
Excellent post.

Pragmatic, enlightening, useful as always.
It's always a pleasure to read your posts.
Keep on going :thum:

Regards
lt707

ararat

Thx @lt707 :)
You light up my day. :D

If only i invested the same energy that i find for writing posts, in finishing writing my own novel, that i started yeras ago. ;)

Rather playing an older pc game "The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion" at the moment. Nice game with lot of complexity.
Played it for more than 8 hours, yesterday! :eek: But that seems to be normal for that game, as you get told here:

Will keep me busy for ages, i guess. ;):D

ararat

Remark for dreambox users with Merlin 3 firmware:
Believe it or not, but there are Merlin 3 updates available since yesterday. (The last update before was october 25th 2015)
You can easily install online from Merlin feed from within your dreambox´s softwarecenter.

Changelog:

enigma2 20160612 (4.0) -> 20160616 (4.0)
- fixed possible crash when seeking forward/backward in media files without subtitles (or internet streams)
- changed size of config entry progressbars
- fixed internal log support

updated dm7020hd hw drivers
- fixed ts playback problem (broken since 20160701 drivers)
- fixed broken led pattern handling (broken since 20160701 drivers)

+ Lots of enigma2 plugins updated.

(On my dreambox 8000 = 59 packages)

Last edited: