Cannot see most feed transponders

snakeron

Registered
Hello. I am trying to catch satellite feeds, but 99% of feed transponders I just cant see. My setup is:
2M anthenna
TBS 6903 PC card
not sure about receiver (was bought and installed by professional)
software - CrazyScan, EBSpro, DVBdream.
Ill try to describe my problem: All satellites which i should see are visible with good signal. All open chaneels i can open and watch without any problems. But when i am trying to scan for feed transponders - I just cannot see.

For example: on 28E satellite there is now some sports feed:
Frequence: 12693 - Pol: H - SR: 7200 - FEC: NC

But when i blindscanning (all soft same results) last transponder on horizontal polarization which i can lock is 12227 on this satellite. And this problem with almost all feeds when transponders frequence is close to scanning range end.

Sorry for my poor english, hope I described my problem well enough to understand it. Hope someone can help me deal with it.

snakeron

Registered
Thanx for advice. My ranges are same as on your picture. Have played with em in multiple software programs, but no result.

snakeron

Registered
Hello. I am trying to catch satellite feeds, but 99% of feed transponders I just cant see. My setup is:
2M anthenna
TBS 6903 PC card
not sure about receiver (was bought and installed by professional)
software - CrazyScan, EBSpro, DVBdream.
Ill try to describe my problem: All satellites which i should see are visible with good signal. All open chaneels i can open and watch without any problems. But when i am trying to scan for feed transponders - I just cannot see.

But when i blindscanning (all soft same results) last transponder on horizontal polarization which i can lock is 12227 on this satellite. And this problem with almost all feeds when transponders frequence is close to scanning range end.

Sorry for my poor english, hope I described my problem well enough to understand it. Hope someone can help me deal with it.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
There is no Active Feed here i'm afraid ,
That TP was used several months ago but it has not been active since last year [ 2018 ]
Feeds are not 24/7 Active either only for a few hours max i do not believe there is anything wrong with your set up its very much the same as what i use myself
i would forget 28.2E there has been next to nothing reported on this satellite for feeds this year so far and it quite a waste of time .
The best satellites to scan are 16E,10E,7E and 0.8W and 3° West inclined orbit and 12.5W .
Good luck : )

snakeron

Registered

Yeah, it looks like. Because was posted here and on other resources. I have good signal from 28E but this transponder just doesnt appear whatever software I use for scanning. Can you watch it?

Still last transponder for Horizontal on this satellite for me is 12109. Wold like to know how fare others can scan this satellite.

A I said in first post - similar problem with other feeds as well. Looking for problem more than 6 months and still dont understand where it is :(

Last edited:

snakeron

Registered
Does anyone have an idea why i cannot see feed transponders? While signals from other transponders are over 80% - so are pretty good...

Venko

Feed Hunter
First - feeds are more focused and You may be outside the beam Your dish could be usefull.
Second - the signal of the regular transponders is more strong.
Third - Your dish must be over 120 cm and I bet it isn't.
And finally an advise - You must adjust Your dish every time for a single feed, it's my practice.
GOOD LUCK! :thum:

snakeron

Registered
First - feeds are more focused and You may be outside the beam Your dish could be usefull.
Second - the signal of the regular transponders is more strong.
Third - Your dish must be over 120 cm and I bet it isn't.
And finally an advise - You must adjust Your dish every time for a single feed, it's my practice.
GOOD LUCK! :thum:

I have 2m dish. I am ajusting, reajusting over and over again but cannot solve this. And its not only on 28E its on all satellites even with best footprints for my region.

Well. I guess i will start all from beginning with new reciever and setup my dish very carefully....

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
3 important factors
1) Cable quality - unlikely in your case
2) Receiver Tuner may very well be faulty/bad tuner
3) LNB Skew on 2 meter is important but mine is almost center just slightly skewed to West
but Snooker Feed in question i have watched all day @ 28.2E and flawless 14.5db and 97% on my 2 meter prime focus dish
i have TM5402 HD M3 Box Snooker feed is flawless and TBS5980 USB QBOX FOR ANY 4:2:2 FEEDS i find .

snakeron

Registered
3 important factors
1) Cable quality - unlikely in your case
2) Receiver Tuner may very well be faulty/bad tuner
3) LNB Skew on 2 meter is important but mine is almost center just slightly skewed to West
but Snooker Feed in question i have watched all day @ 28.2E and flawless 14.5db and 97% on my 2 meter prime focus dish
i have TM5402 HD M3 Box Snooker feed is flawless and TBS5980 USB QBOX FOR ANY 4:2:2 FEEDS i find .

1) I guess my cable is OK because its brand new/
2) Thanx for this. Just wandering how important this could be to choose one LNB over another.
3) I have TBS 6903, so thi shouldn't be an issue.

Anyways big thanx fo your advice.:thum:

T

thefatty

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i am having the same problem and it might help the OP. I have a 1.2m dish and I am having no luck at all with the feeds from 10e/7e etc. I am using a TBS8920, which works fine on all other TP's with good signal. It has just occurred to me that maybe I need a new DVB card to support DVB-S2X? Are the majority of feeds now using this modulation? There is no mention of DVB-S2x on my dvb card. Is this the problem? Or is DVB-S2x just software extension of S2?

Looking on kingofsat, only 2 TP's (33e/192e) are using DVB-S2X, is that right?

Last edited:
T

thefatty

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i am having the same problem and it might help the OP. I have a 1.2m dish and I am having no luck at all with the feeds from 10e/7e etc. I am using a TBS8920, which works fine on all other TP's with good signal. It has just occurred to me that maybe I need a new DVB card to support DVB-S2X? Are the majority of feeds now using this modulation? There is no mention of DVB-S2x on my dvb card. Is this the problem? Or is DVB-S2x just software extension of S2?

Looking on kingofsat, only 2 TP's (33e/192e) are using DVB-S2X, is that right?

Just reporting back in case it helps someone else. I seem to have fixed my problem by switching from DVBDream to SmartDVB. SmartDVB does a lot better job of scanning for the TPs especially when things are set to auto!

T

thefatty

I have same problem with football feeds on 7E.Good signal on regularly programms but no signal for feeds

I looked at the footprints for that sat, and depending on which beam it is (and where you are) you might be out of the footprint.

Eutelsat 7A has nice footprints:

A:
E7A_Ku-band_Europe_A_Downlink.jpg

B:
E7A_Ku-band_Europe_B_Downlink.jpg

C:
E7A_Ka-band_Europe_C_Downlink.jpg

Eutelsat 7B is not so good on the B downlink:

A:
E7B_Ku-band_Europe_A_Downlink.jpg

B:
E7B_Ku-band_Europe_B_Downlink.jpg

C:
E7B_Ka-band_Europe_C_Downlink.jpg

Beam D on both are for south Africa only.

If its still active, see if you can get the following Tandberg feeds, i get 80%Q in a fringe area, 1.2m dish - http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036997067&postcount=13372

Last edited: