Noob question with regard to ipbox 9000 hd congiuration

peglar

Registered
I am totally new to linux based satellite receivers and although i havent received it yet i was wondering if there was a set-up guide for getting it running with instructions on mgcamd, keys, etc. i have a motorised dish set-up that i currently use with a TM6900. i use 13, 16, 19, 23.5, 28.2 satellites.

I have looked around but there isnt much info on this box yet and i am like a kid at christmas.... i am SOOOOOO excited.

bpl

Registered
There is a lot of help concerning IPBOX 9000 HD at link removed

No plugins is working with the box, you must add k**s files manually...

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Don't worry. It might seem overwhelming atm but you'll get a hang of things soon after you get the box.
Some images come with mgcamd already included. As for the keys you just ftp them to appropriate folder on the box.
As for some other stuff there is a manual available:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=68539

peglar

Registered
thanks guys. i read the manual yesterday for the standard stuff. i take it here isnt exactly an sdk for this box? as i was hoping to make one of my own plugins for it.

peglar

Registered
what would be really cool is if it was somehow possible (through a patch or something) for an individual to choose where the epg data for a channel comes from. because my experience of using keys etc is that the epg for packages arent great. some channels are ok like pr**iere HD but others only give you now and next, and others nothing at all. but if we could choose where it got the epg data from then we could have all the epg we could want and have the facility to schedule recordings from it.