The choice of the HD receiver (2014)

shane2

Registered
upgrading to new reciver and need advice, i have dreambox 7025, its a good box with lots of support but it only gives now and next on s*y epg. I am looking for a HD twin tunner with built in hardrive that as good support, must be stable and gives full s*y epg for the week and as cccam support. i know you can get epg on dreambox but its a real pain, i want some thing simple no messing about tryin to load epg data, is their such a box on the market? if their is please let me know thank you shane.

Hi the best device for cccam would be the Vu+ duo Or of course a dreambox....
The vu+ duo is much cheaper and has loads of support on here and others forums...
as for epg it depends on the service you are using. i am on 28.2 and use cross epg MIPS version on my dreambox works great.

regors5

Registered
best hdtv tuner

i have ipbox 9000hd and ipbox 910hd and vu+duo and best box for mee is vuduo lot of support stable,,my ipbox its like my old car new image new bugs. but picture quality is good on ipbox

jjp2701

Registered
i have a vu+duo and a vu+solo, and i think the solo is the best box i have seen, very clear pic and very solid box

zeeteefje

Registered
ET9000 or CT9100 Clarke-Tech, xtrend (all are identical hardware).
Same as Vu+ duo, but more memory, better box and no (noisy) fan. HbbTV support coming soon.

william-1

Feed Hunter
AZBox Premium+ Is the best Satellite HD receiver for stability & Feed Hunting there are none that can come close to this receiver's blind scan capabilities atm :thum:

satelliteguy

Registered
Mine is Coolstream ZEE SAT HD Receiver. It is so cool, especially works with the Linux and Engima 2 operating system.

zeeteefje

Registered
I forgot:
ET9000 does have blindscan and the webbrowser with HBBTV is working now:thum:
The ET9K runs on newer Linux kernel with UBFS and ext4 support. Xtrend is way ahead of the competition. :nana:

dave_uk

Registered
Suggestions for HD box ?

Hi All, (hope this is the right section of the forum to post this in)

I am considering buying an HD box. I currently have a Techmomate 9100S running Edg Nemesis 4.4 so I would like something similar on the E2 system.
I have been looking at the TM800 box.
My requirements would be:
Linux based (ability to install E2 plugins etc)
The ability to run CCcam
LAN Support
HDMI out
Edit bouquets easily
Timer recording, I use a well known "+" box to record a lot of terrestrial TV and would like to create a whole load of timers to replace this onto a HDD/PVR
HDD ready, IDE or SATA
Abilty to grab EPG better than E1 does :\
Display of hops on C line connection (I would use this for eductional purposes of course :) )

All suggestions welcome relating to hardward and firmware are welcome :)

Last edited:

keano16

Donating Member
Mate you don't mention your budget. This makes a big difference because it comes down to the old saying "you pay for what you get" (apart from the Dream 7020HD which is a complete rip off).

For £290 you could get the VU+Uno
For £200 you get a DM800se clone.

If you wanted to spend more than that for about £330 you can get a VU+Duo.
You could even look at the new Clarke Tech/Xtrend 9100 or wait and I think Xtrend are releasing a new model the ET9200.

Its all about what you can afford.