Are there any working images for DM800HD PVR?

Treo

Registered
Hi!

I've had two DM800 for ages and a 7000 and a 7020 and they've been just working so I am a little rusty on the images.

I've tried a few openPLI images but they just brick the DM800 and give a CA not found error and I have to update with serial cable.

I've also tried a few Black Hole images and they work but they are missing ffmpeg and opkg does not work as they point to old URLs.

Even the BlackHole-3.2.3_DM800_SSl84_20170610 that seems to be a fairly recent image has broken URLs pointing to a russian server "upload.metabox.ru" that does not even resolve the DNS.

Anyone that could give me a pointer to what to use nowadays?

Will a DM800HD be able to run IPTV HD channels without maxing out the CPU? Maybe if I ever find ffmpeg it could cope?

Treo

Registered
Sorry if it is a stupid question but I've never had to have a SIM before. What does it do?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It a security step to stop clones but, didnt work as clone manufactures made there own.

You need to know what sim you have though so take top of and have a look.

Treo

Registered
Ok I get it.

Mine is a genuine box.

Edit: I opened it up. There is a phone SIM card looking thing in the corner. It is under some black glue. Unable to see any numbers and I am hesitant to break apart everything to get at it.

Can I determine number from software?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No need this in the most recent image for you

DOWNLOAD

Most images stopped support for this box 2 years ago.