AC3 dolby digital audio drop-out evry 10 seconds !!

carrpet

Registered
Hi Guys, I have a problem which I would welcome your help woth. I am running SifTeam Extreme E2 5b in flash with the PKT Tideglo E2 7.0 on usb.

I am using Mgcamd 1.33 to connect to my Ubuntu card server running Newcs with S1y 0963.

My issue is that I have sound dropout about every 1o seconds which is extremely irritating. The picture is perfect and does not break up when the sound breaks up. I am using AC3 as default with AC3 downmix turned off in order to get Dolby Digital.

A sub question is this
Does Dolby Digital get sent down the HDMI output. I only seem to be able to get Dolby ProLogic via HDMI and have to use the Toslink optical output to get Dolby Digital

canman888

Registered
Hi Guys, I have a problem which I would welcome your help woth. I am running SifTeam Extreme E2 5b in flash with the PKT Tideglo E2 7.0 on usb.

I am using Mgcamd 1.33 to connect to my Ubuntu card server running Newcs with S1y 0963.

My issue is that I have sound dropout about every 1o seconds which is extremely irritating. The picture is perfect and does not break up when the sound breaks up. I am using AC3 as default with AC3 downmix turned off in order to get Dolby Digital.

A sub question is this
Does Dolby Digital get sent down the HDMI output. I only seem to be able to get Dolby ProLogic via HDMI and have to use the Toslink optical output to get Dolby Digital

I have the exact same problem. Is there any solution for this (I am running it on an usb, can it be because of a slow usb?)

carrpet

Registered
I am no longer experiencing this problem with the latest E2 images on USB. How recent is your version ?