Which High Def Sat decoder should I buy?

mtrfckr

Registered
Hello,
i was considering buying a high def sat decoder. I would like to have some tips on what to buy. Do the patches work for HD channels too?

Thank you

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Well I am in a same dilemma, I'd like to get a hd receiver but something that will have software support equal or close to dreambox, like emus, plugins etc. I don't think there is anything on the market atm that would meet that requirement. I am hoping that lyngbox will have some kind of compatibility with dreambox software. You can read something about the box here:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=4242

All that is known so far is that it will be linux based. It will be connected to lyngsat and channel settings support should be great. It will have hdmi output which is advantage over dm8000 which according to what is known now will have dvi output. Price lyngbox is announcing is 600-700EUR, from what I understood with 160gb hard disk included. It should be available in autumn this year. So, to me it looks better option then dm8000 but only if software support is adequate. If not that leaves me with dm8000 as a best option. There is some cheaper alternatives like kathrein, but I am not so sure their support can live up to my expectations.