GM Unibox-2 Stereo Audio crossed

Yorkie

Registered
Hello to everybody on here and a big Thankyou to the team who has supplied me with a firmware update for my GM Unibox2 which has at last allowed me to use cascading DISEqC 1.1 and 1.0 switches which was not possible before.
However, I still have another on going problem with the stereo audio being in the wrong channels which has existed from the day I bought my receiver. I'm not sure if this problem is unique to my Unibox2 or if it's a fault with them all. I did contact customer services about this problem a few years ago but I gave up in the end because all they would say is "press the red button on the remote to swap the audio language".
I don't think they quite understood the problem - The left hand channel audio is coming out of the right speaker on the TV, and the right hand channel audio is coming out of left speaker on the TV.
Strangely, This only happens when using HDMI connections, because the scart socket and composites put out the audio to the correct speakers.
Before anybody askes, Yes, I did try several HDMI leads and I have tested another sat receiver with HDMI on the Sony Bravia KDL-32W5810 which works Ok.
I do know of a "dirty" workaround for this problem ;- If I connect my Unibox2 to HDMI-1 on the Sony TV, I am able to use analogue audio input to the TV with this particular connection to get the left to left and the right to right, but that will probably compromise the sound quality and it's an extra wire!
To tell the truth, I had almost forgotten that the problem was there until I was watching "Rossiya-1" Volgagrad the other night (C-Band on Express AM-7... I'll talk about C-band later in another letter), This particular channel broadcasts its audio in the left channel only, yet it was happily coming out of the TV's right speaker!!
I would love to know if anybody else has this problem with their Unibox2's and what they did to correct it.
A very small problem which I am making such a song and dance about, but in these days of high digital technology, don't you thing that very basic things are often overlooked?