DREAMER 500 HD

4@@@@

Registered
Anybody have a working toolchain for this box. I tryed some mips binaries but there must be the rigth lib stuff linked.

The fan should be changed because of the noise it makes. I tryed once to use the box without - if it is not covered it will work without the fan.

The two camd are bad to configure - it would be better to have some possibility to add some config files.

The stuff with 3030 I haven't found. Am I missing something?

Any help apreciated.

tiaggao

Registered
it really makes a fan noise and annoying, should have an option to slow it.
What would be the site of the manufacturer of that device?

4@@@@

Registered
Well I know a store where I will show them the actual one and hope they have a better one. I'll see then - but it will take some time until I have the time to go there.

diggie

Registered
I just got mine in today. Orderd it on aliexpress for $120 which came down to 88,39 euros. I let it send to me (Netherlands) by china air mail (no EMS, UPS, or DHL etc. Then customs always checks the package and I have to pay import tax. This way I dont).
It came in today, and I must see I am both pleased and disapointed.
I was hoping that I could actually use some Dreambox 500 HD images on it, but was very disappointed (and it took some googling) to find out that it pretty much has nothing to do with a dreambox.
But that aside I am very pleased with how the thing looks. Small, nice remote, lots of cables etc, and even a nice box.
Another small thing (as some mentioned already) is the fan. Its really loud. Gotta find me another sillent fan then.
I tried putting in my SKY card but was afraid it was gonna eat it up cause it went in so far. Had to open it up to be able to get it out again.

Oh yeah, another nice thing. I hooked up a usb stick with an avi / xvid movie on it, and when selecting it, it played straight away. And a nice picture it is as well.

Got a question though. Are there any other images out there for this thing? Who makes these images? I also just updated it with the one from early march, but it looks exactly the same as the old one that it came with (Jan 2011). So I guess its from the 'manufacturer'?

I was really hoping to get some more network support, cause I wanna play movies over the network on it. Also I want to record to a network drive with this. But is recording possible at all? I couldnt get it to work as of yet.

And the real DM 500 HD also has support for Wifi dongles on the usb connector. Something that is possible here as well?

Lots of questions, but I hope some of you are able to help me out.

4@@@@

Registered
Does anybody know how to setup a cross compile toolchain to get my own binaries. I'd like to have vsftpd and maybe oscam.
Any hint apreciated.

4@@@@

Registered
It's a pitty that no one helps.
At the moment a collegue has managed to compile vsftpd for this box.
We can mount -o bind /var/etc /etc to get rw (first you have to copy all files from /etc to /var/etc. Now I try to get anonymous ftp access working.

The new fan is on the way.

Last edited:

rubik78

Registered
The fan can be slowed down by placing a 100 Ohm resistor on the red wire. The fan works fine and the noise is really reduced.

4@@@@

Registered
Great - thank's. I just added 150 ohm resistor to the fan. No it is more silent. The new one is even better.
Toolchain for compiling is finished and first busybox and vsftpd are made.

4@@@@

Registered
Yes any newer firm than march will be nice. Actually I have the problem to repack (cramfs with header) of the firmware. I wanted to add busybox with more features, dropbear and vsftpd.
Maybe there is someone who knows more about it.

4@@@@

Registered
The channeleditor is working perfect. My problem is, that I need more space in the file or I should be able to select a big amount of channels to remove and scan for others.
Any idea how to handle this?

rubik78

Registered
The problem is that the default transponder does not go well (Astra and Hotbird) must enter the correct transponder for a great channel search. I took a popular channel list, and I quote only the transponders for satellites that interested me with the channel editor. I have 3000 Channel with the double search in Astra and Hotbird...

4@@@@

Registered
I added transponder with HD on astra and removed unneeded on hotbird. Now I have alle I wanted.
But! All HD channels have asynchronous audio - very bad. If I change to a SD I see a slow donw of the video until it fits the audio and then it is OK. With HD there is nothing like that - very bad.
This box is to expensive for a SD-only so I hope for a fix here.

rubik78

Registered
4@@@@@

i think you have problem with connection... my work relly good on astra and hotbird's Hd channels, sometimes i have the same problem, because the connection is poor.