EVO Enfinity..anybody got one?

gandalfthegrey

Registered
Hi guys..
EVO Enfinity, anybody got one? The kids treated me with one of these for my b/day as the old Dream 800HD finally gave up the ghost but not finding a lot of support so far for it, can anybody please point me in the right direction? I've picked up little bits on the net and I know lavatronics have a limited section on it but I was hoping to try as many images as I could..
Cheers.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Don't think of this in terms of your old receiver with different groups releasing firmware etc., it's very much a different thing and with this you will at the moment find two lots of the firmware, the factory firmware which is the stock offering (fine in itself but not what most will use) and the third party firmware which is basically the factory firmware with the addition of lots of addons, plugins and repositories pre-loaded on there for you to get the very best out of it...

In many respect you'll be leading yourself down the wrong path if you try and compare it to your old satellite receiver, if you almost forget the name on the front and think Android and XBMC you'll find that's essentially what you have and you'll find there is no better supported platform in the world right now (for this type of thing)... Just a tip but check out Mash Up (available to install directly if you activate the repository on the third party firmware) then in Mash Up enable the extra sections which are off by default (done in Mash Up Settings) then check some of these out, Pirate Bay Best of British for example, it's amazing! There are literally thousands of things like this though with XBMC and of course there is Android as well and Google Play, it's almost never ending, far removed from what the still great but rather tame by comparison offerings of E2 receivers...

When it comes to the satellite side of things with the DVB-S/S2 tuner on the EVO Xfinity then the important part is unlike any other Android based satellite receiver right now this is running Tvheadend which is extremely in giving you a worthwhile experience for satellite viewing, have a Google for what Tvheadend is all about, access the Tvheadend WebIf from the receiver at http://ip-address-of-evo:9981 and have a play around, don't worry you can't break anything and as this is Android it's real easy to re-flash again if required...

Also remember we've got our pre-made 28.2 East channel list for Tvheadend on the EVO Xfinity, a standalone program for Windows for channel editing (I prefer using the built in WebIf but use whichever you feel more comfortable with), the Tvheadend Android streaming client (stream TV to and control your EVO Xfinity from another Android device, phone, tablet etc.) also other Android apps HiControl and HiShare for using another Android device to both control and share content with (pics, music, video etc.)...

You also have OScam built into the third party firmware, just put into a browser on the same network http://ip-address-of-evo:8888 and you'll have the OScam WebIf pop up and can make what changes you need, it also includes plenty of examples and a little more...

The list just goes on as you can imagine, no way I can really do it justice here, if however there is anyone out there that wants to see this in action you are always more than welcome to come over to us in Leicester and we'll give you the full demo!

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Sorry I was actually going on the previous reply but re-reading the title it's actually the Enfinity that's mentioned not the Xfinity, to confirm these are indeed two EVO models with very similar sounding names but in many respects very different receivers...

EVO Xfinity = Android + XBMC + Tvheadend with DVB-S/S2 tuner
EVO Enfinity = Broadcom based Enigma2 receiver, 751MHz CPU, CAM Slot

If it's the Xfinity you have then it's covered above, if it's the Enfinity then it's the brand new E2 based offering from the EVO brand and is Broadcom based with a 751MHz CPU, front LED display, card and more unusually a CAM slot. It's got OE-Alliance support for images including our choice OpenATV, we've also recently created an OpenATV 4.1 backup image, see in our section for more details.... I think to many probably get a bit carried away with how many groups support images etc. sure it's nice to have a choice but in OpenATV we have a group that supports many if not all current Broadcom E2 receivers, they know what they are doing, they have one of the best images out there, why go anywhere else! Of course though that's a personal opinion, yours may vary...

Essentially though E2 is E2 when it comes to setup so baring one or two things setup wise what's good for one receiver make/model will be good for another so chances are whatever you are needing is already out there somewhere, another reason we like OpenATV though is their addons server, blue button, plugins, download plugins, you won't find much better anywhere!