Dreambox Problems from 01.05 by Zapping

kiliantv

Super VIP
Dreambox friert seit 01.05 beim umschalten ein

Original von Homey[GER]
Hallo Dreamer!

Seit dem heutigen ersten Mai gibt es leider ein Problem mit den aktuellen Treibern der Dreamboxen was dazu führt das die Box beim umschalten desöfteren einfriert oder der Ton verschwindet und man die Box neustarten muss.

Davon betroffen sind alle HD Dreamboxen mit Broadcom Chipsätzen mit aktuellen Release und Experimental Firmwares/Images. Ältere Images sind wohl nicht betroffen, sondern nur aktuelle ...

DMM hat das Problem bereits identifiziert und bastelt gerade neue Treiber die auch in den nächsten Minuten released werden (ich werde diesen thread hier dann updaten und euch die download-links hier posten). Ein simples online-update sollte dann ausreichen um das Problem zu beheben.

Stay tuned!

PS: in den Foren gibt es auch einen Workaround um das Problem ohne Treiberupdate zu lösen, allerdings sollte man dieses wirklich nur als Workaround nutzen da dieser auch Nebenwirkungen hat das die Uhr unter Umständen nicht mehr richtig tickt und/oder die Timeraufnahmen nicht mehr funktionieren, also am besten einfach die Finger davon lassen und auf neue Treiber warten.

Hello Dreamer!

Since today (01.05.2011) there seems to be a bigger problem with the current Drivers of your Dreambox, which is causing random freezes or audio dropouts while zapping and only a reboot helps.

Affected by this bug are all HD Dreamboxes with Broadcom Chipsets that have installed the latest Release or Experimental Images/Firmwares. Older Images don't seem to be affected by this!

DMM already identified this problem and is currently working on new drivers that should get released within the next minutes (I will update this thread and post download-links!). An online-update of your image/firmware should solve this problem then for you!

Stay tuned!

BTW: In the forums people also posted a workaround by disabling the update of the internal clock of your dreambox. However, I would suggest that you do not use it or revert those changes when new drivers got released because this workaround will cause some other problems that can cuase that the internal clock of your dreambox is not working fine and/or that your timers will not work and records will fail, so I would suggest to wait a few more minutes until new drivers got released.

thx to Homey[GER]

rahimi29

Registered
hi
im having the same problem since early morning,and when im zapping through a few channels it suddenly freezes and even through telnet it still doesnt responed.
the only thing that helps is to switch the switch at back of the box on and off to reboot it hopefully mine is the same problem then i will wait and see what DMM comes up with to solve this

ararat

Had the problem, too.

Had updated OoZooN Experimentals on my two dm8000 boxes on April, 30th online. Dreamboxes froze after zapping, then.

Flashed OoZooN Release 3.1 onto my boxes on May, 1st, because I didn´t know, it was Dream Multimedia`s fault:mad:.

Flashed and configured again and again (May, 1st was spoiled), because I didn´t imagine, that even a ususally stable release firmware could behave different, if you install it at the wrong day.

Thanks to your post above, kiliantv:), I found out yesterday, what had happened.
May have been in trouble for some days without your information.

Flashed OoZooN release again, found an update online and installed that, too. Both boxes run fine again:thum:.

ararat

You may first of all try online "Softwareupdate" from main menu of your box (Settings/Software/Softwareupdate).

If you use OoZooN you may call up "Autoupdate" function instead with blue button of your remote, select Autoupdate and press yellow button (Test). You get asked if you want to install updates and choose "Yes".

If you use OoZooN (or other image, that can install ipk - packages) you may as well install the drivers with "UserScript´s" function "Install ipk packages". Drivers (Ipk - packages) you find here
http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=779332&postcount=78

You may as well install ipk´s from above link manually. If you never did before, I´m sorry, but you will have to read a lot about how to.

marioshamb

Registered
In tani1 post about the last drivers there are three rars from where you take three ipk.We have to install all of them?

marioshamb

Registered
I instaled the three ipk in Domica image from tmp via install ipk packages and the box doesnt boots....

marioshamb

Registered
I have instaled the three ipk in Domica image with dcc it work perfectly

I flashed again the image and with dcc i installed one by one.I was rebooting after every ipk the box and not the three simultaniously.Everything is fine.And i believe the problems i had with the channel picons which i thought they were responsible for the channel freezes,happened because i didnt know for the update!Thanks for your quick and very good help