NS-2000 Demodulator (NS3)

natedogg20050

Donating Member
TBS will never work on anything A) because it isnt open source and b) its to Expensive to make it for everybody atm the price is around 5 to 6000 USD for a Demodulator

dmr0x

Registered
Any news on alternative ways of watching ns3 without ns2000 demodulator?

It seems ns3 feeds are becoming more and more frequent. I remember when it was being said in the forums quite a few months ago that tbs was working on something. Nothing from any manufacturer yet?

TBS dont make Demodulators, thats normally taken car of via Silicon Labs.

the ns2000 demod is propriatory so it would be against the law to reverse engineer and sell. Dont suppose that would stop the chinese doing it though :) but were is there insentive? To recoupe costs thay would have to shift a load of units. The Demand isnt there.

dmr0x

Registered
TBS will never work on anything A) because it isnt open source and b) its to Expensive to make it for everybody atm the price is around 5 to 6000 USD for a Demodulator

only 6k USD i would buy 1 at that price but last time i checked they were closer to 10k for a ebu spec'd capable unit. Ns4 might have even bumped the price up further. Just sub to a provider and save $$$$

harshy

Registered
only 6k USD i would buy 1 at that price but last time i checked they were closer to 10k for a ebu spec'd capable unit. Ns4 might have even bumped the price up further. Just sub to a provider and save $$$$

That is not what the hobby is about, if we all did that we would all be subbing to our providers.

Forsat

VIP
For detail:

Price for NS2000 demodulator for EBU feeds is $15,500.
It includes latest firmware 6.1 with DRM (encryption of EBU), 70msps, DDC and Dual Channel.

The device will be open to other networks as well (i.e. Arqiva, Globecast...), and it supports NS3, NS4, DVB-S and DVB-S2.

Future support for DVB-S2X will be available via firmware update within first year of support and warranty.

dmr0x

Registered
For detail:

Price for NS2000 demodulator for EBU feeds is $15,500.
It includes latest firmware 6.1 with DRM (encryption of EBU), 70msps, DDC and Dual Channel.

The device will be open to other networks as well (i.e. Arqiva, Globecast...), and it supports NS3, NS4, DVB-S and DVB-S2.

Future support for DVB-S2X will be available via firmware update within first year of support and warranty.

the price has increased more than expected. How much for the pci card option?

sorrowman

Registered
Dont waste your money buying NS2000 demodulators , you cant get the NS4 frequencies of EBU anymore and I guess that in near future you will not be able to get the frequencies of the rest either. Only if you are a TV company you are able to even lock their frequencies anymore

harshy

Registered
Dont waste your money buying NS2000 demodulators , you cant get the NS4 frequencies of EBU anymore and I guess that in near future you will not be able to get the frequencies of the rest either. Only if you are a TV company you are able to even lock their frequencies anymore

I thought the firmware update based on forsats post handled the upgrade to NS4?

sens333

Donating Member

Update the box :confused:

sorrowman

Registered
EBU has introduced a new system that you need to belong to it NMS , and after this they send you through air some keys to your demodulator directly. Without them you cant lock EBU's frequencies and ofc you cant download the feed channels even if your demodulator shows that get enough signal to lock it

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Glad now i that did not waste £20K on a dead NS-2000 Demodulator (NS3) :eek:

sorrowman

Registered
paint it blue and throw it to the sea ? :D
Thats new EBU system for NS4 , you can still get whatever else is on NS3/NS4, you just cant get EBU's hypermuxxx on 7E , 55W , 3W and 100,5E

sorrowman

Registered
@barney , 20k ? why to spend so much was worthing ~10k pounds if i can recall unless they doubled the prize

harshy

Registered
It’s a waste of time buying this the best stuff in NS4 and the now untouchable Tandberg.

sorrowman

Registered
who told you the feeds are in Tandberg encryption ?
The feeds have been in BISS ( I havent checked lately my own , but I bet are still in BISS )