Replacing my 1.1 mtr Triax dish

furzi

hey
only the dish(gibertini 125) without the dishholder is about 6 kg.
the weight of the complet dish is about 15 kg

furzi:)

digi247

You may find that the actual weight of a fully setup Gibertini 1.25m is more like 21kg + it is a very heavy beast of a dish

keano16

Donating Member
I went from Triax 110cm to a Gibby 125cm about three weeks ago now.
I have gain about 6% on 11021V 7200 7.0e with my TM5402

Using a c120 and giiby feedhorn.

I can tell you though that the gibby does not weigh 6kg ! Unless they have started making them in some super light weight metal.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
OK, I have decided on getting a Gibertini 1.25 dish regardless of the weight.

The cheapest I can source at the moment here in the Uk is £125. Anyone know of any cheaper? I would prefer to buy new rather than used just in case there is some damage the seller is not being honest about.

keano16

Donating Member
I got mine 2nd hand, I would not have parted with the cash if it was damaged.
I had to drive from Manchester to York and back to pick it up but it cost me 50 quid.

The feedhorn I already have because I have a Gibby 150cm that is put away at the side of the shed due to having a wife.
I always say its better to have no wife if you are into Sat tv :)

Dave5118

Feed Hunter
OK, I have decided on getting a Gibertini 1.25 dish regardless of the weight.

The cheapest I can source at the moment here in the Uk is £125. Anyone know of any cheaper? I would prefer to buy new rather than used just in case there is some damage the seller is not being honest about.

Aren't these normally about £200 new? £125 seems cheap to me. Plus you'll need a polarmount, unless you are planning on using it on your old one? But bear in mind the extra weight, as these are intended to go on their own mount really. The gibby mount is much stronger than it looks, my 1.5m is rock solid on it.

keano16

Donating Member
Best price I found for a 125 is £150.

I have my 125 fixed on 7.0e, I bet you can guess why ;-)

My mount for my 150 I had made at a engineers I use to deliver to, it weighs a ton and a bit overkill but did not want to take chances with wind load on dish.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I intend trying it with my superior darkmotor first as that claims it can handle dishes upto 1.4mtrs.

If the motor can't cope with it, I will obtain a proper polar mount etc, although I could also temporarily use it fixed at 7E as my existing dish copes well with most satellites within my range of reception.

antrabe

Well Known Member
im thinkin to change my Antena Parabólicade aero Off-Set 110cm TELEVES Naranja for gibertini 120 is for motor stab120 would be improved i think televes dish is too much heavy.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
OK, so basically any dish bigger than my Triax 1.1 is an improvement.

I would love to go to a 1.5mtr, but I think it would attract attention from neighbours and my local council. :(

In reality the triax TD110 is a 1m dish. the Channel master 1.2m is a fair improvement. 0.5- 0.6DB or 5%ish with the AVL6222 VU+ duo, solo(4k) tuners on 11020V on 7e, likley enough of a bump to secure rain reception. Though they do tend to bump the signal up in the rain.

Last edited:

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am waiting until the summer, when I will have the money to replace almost if not everything. Cable, dish, receiver, the lot.

I will probably go for a 1.25 Gibertini. I don't want to risk attracting the attention of my local council by going bigger.
It will be looking above a single storey flat roof. It will be on a 3 inch diameter steel pole standing in concrete and bolted to the side of the building. That should make it very stable. It's going to cost a fortune, but it will be worth it. A new 4k receiver also.

I might use the Triax at ground level in a different part of the garden to get some of the sats beyond 37.5w as there is a massive chimney blocking the view beyond 37.5w.

dmr0x

I am waiting until the summer, when I will have the money to replace almost if not everything. Cable, dish, receiver, the lot.

I will probably go for a 1.25 Gibertini. I don't want to risk attracting the attention of my local council by going bigger.
It will be looking above a single storey flat roof. It will be on a 3 inch diameter steel pole standing in concrete and bolted to the side of the building. That should make it very stable. It's going to cost a fortune, but it will be worth it. A new 4k receiver also.

I might use the Triax at ground level in a different part of the garden to get some of the sats beyond 37.5w as there is a massive chimney blocking the view beyond 37.5w.

if it gets caught in a gale the dish will rip the arm of your dark motor and go flying down the street

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
It won't have the dark motor attached. It will be almost if not completely a complete new system.

RimaNTSS

I will probably go for a 1.25 Gibertini.
If I were you I would go for Channel Master 1.2m. Why? Just because it would be: firstly- cheaper, and secondly - better. Cheaper, I men even used CM1.2m will perform as new one. Better means CM1.2m has more or less same size as Gibertini 125. And, BTW, Bigertini 125 is no 1.25m (working area) antenna! Moreover, after 10 years CM1.2m will work same but Gibi will be already garbaged as t[it will be rusted and warped. Anyway, whatever you chose is fine. :thum:

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I will take a look at the Channel Master 1.2.

I was always under the impression that after a fibo, the Gibertini was second best.

RimaNTSS

IMHO, Fibo 1.2 is not the best, as it's main mirror is made of aluminum and after years of usage can change (and usually does) it's shape. So, I would say that Channel Master 1.2m equipped with SUB-reflector, or even without it, is the best possible option. Especially if you can get used CM1.2m on second hand market for something like 50 EUR or even less.
To make sure you are confident what I am speaking about, and maybe know the issue, I will post picture of my present setup

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Very nice. I assume your local council are not interested in people who have lots of dishes.

RimaNTSS

I assume your local council are not interested in people who have lots of dishes.
I do not care and, probably, they do not care as well. :) TBH, I did not ask Council for permission. Perhaps, we do not have permissive rules yet.
I personally see nothing wrong if people have more then one dish installed, especially if you live in the country side.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I live in a small seaside town and I think it might be noticed if I a set-up like you and the council would complain.

I will end up having 2 dishes sometime this summer. I feel I can get away with that. I also have a small sky dish which I use for Freesat. If I lived in the country, I would have many dishes too and probably a wife complaining. :D

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
That is very impressive i really mean that aswell :D
its a lot of cables however @ RimaNTSS
but i really like it a lot especially that biggest Channel Master Prime Focus dish you have what size is it please ?
and it looks like a big C Band Feedhorn LNB on it if i'm not mistaken ?
And i fully get what you say about living in the country side its very true and for me there just is not any council around even to ask for any permission and im sure if there was they could really care less if i had 60 dishes or Six [ i have Six BTW. :D ] ,lol's

But looking at those dishes i agree with everthing you said because my Channel master 1.2 dish still looks exactly same as it did when i installed it 10 years ago :D

it preforms fantastic really it does best offset dish ive ever had infact .

if i ever win the lotto that biggest Channel master dish you have i will be getting the exact same type dish and the very first thing i'll be buying for myself that is for definite :D

i am very impressed thank you for sharing that picture with us @ RimaNTSS m8 : )
cheers !