The choice of the HD receiver (2014)

hoppo1

Registered
Nice open question for you:D
Has to be able to read a S*Y UK card and possibly work a motor. I think the Vantage 7100HD fits the bill, but the SD Vantages has problems with motors and i am wary that the HD will too. Any and all responses and ideas greatly appreciated.:thum:
hoppo1

dxdy

VIP
my Topfield TF7700HSCI + Diablo Light is good and stable :)

TF7700HSCi-Black1.jpg

USB PVR Ready
Fully DVB-S/DVB-S2(H.264) HD compliant
2 Common Interfaces for CONAX, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, NAGRAVISION, SECA & VIACCESS
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS(DiSEqC 1.3)
5000 services (TV and Radio) programmable
Multilingual audio support
Multilingual menu text support
Service list editing
Favorite service list editing
True-color On-Screen Display (OSD)
Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for on screen service information
Subtitle supported
Teletext supported by VBI insertion and software emulation
Parental lock facility by service and program event
Firmware upgrade by USB2.0
Firmware and Data transfer from receiver to receiver
S/PDIF for digital audio or Dolby AC-3 bitstream output
USB 2.0 supported for fast PC interface
MP3 decoding
VFD Display for service information
Component (YPbPr) output

Last edited:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I am waiting for this baby:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=54364

300eur with built in hdd :)
and possibly linux based. We'll have to wait a about a month to know everything for sure. But if it does turn out to be linux based and that price is correct. I won't think much what to choose. I am pretty sure they'll have good support.

vegeku90

Registered
atm not hd recivers have lan(or i've seen so)
anyway an other good device could be the ipbox 9000hd

mirg

Registered
The DM 8000 will be the best HD receiver when it finaly be on the market! And it WILL come, the question is just, you like to wait so long? :D

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
---Azbox good and there supports and the team great but will not run enigma close soucers like kathi style but will work all cccam,gbox,mgcamd,newcamd and so on server and client...all you need will be there hdd,hdmi,usb and more...build nice design eye catchanig..

---Qbox it's build so bulcky small no HDD space every thing top of each other.... think you have a 42 plazma and under need small bulk like this you cant see even what channel are you blank but enigma runnig they think that will every think...

---Kathrien nice box and support getting better evey day you can use gbox,newcamd,mgcamd no problem but it'a bit problem for ur sky card no card reader but u can use usb card readers no promlem...desing not bad...

---Dreambox good support bad desing on board cheap no hdmi no cing cable connection simple and expensive....

---Ipbox build very nice eye catchanig inside full hardware wow all you need is there but but support i dont know yet (all other products all they running enigma ,gemini,highland,colleseum)

---Reelbox if you can spend 1.100€dont think any think just go and buy it's a machine never see like this one and the support very good..

hady

Registered
HD Receiver recommendation

I am looking to get a new HD receiver, i have in mind the DM800 and the DM500HD. Which is better? do u recommend another one?

Hady

hady

Registered
THanks a lot.
Is it also based on linux? How about the development community? is it the same as DM?

chavo

Registered
Which HD Box??

Hi i currently have a Dreambox 800s. i am not very impressed with it so am going to sell it.

I would like to move away from dreambox and get something a little bit different.

I have around £400 to spend. looking at Icecryopt S4000.

I would like to use CCcam on it and it doesnt matter if it is client only as i use my PC as a server for my card.

Any suggestions please?

vasconi

Registered
Every user here is about to tell you to buy a different box.
So in the end will be up to you to "docu" yourself and decide what is best for you.
Good luck!

tasto2023

Registered
...what about the Best HD Sat decoder "Patch-able"now??

Hi guys,
I'd like to change my Sat decoder. Now I got a Head SD2700 BP+Astra and Hotbird like Satellites, that I cannot get any encryped channels (especially French Channels).
I like the DREAMBOX HD models but they are very expensive!I like the Humax HD too, but I don't think I could find the "right keys or firmware for the only one, I mean The HDCI 5000, isn't it?
Or what else?Azbox?Strong?Which is the best "patch-able"HD model now???Please help me!I'm very undicided!!!!

quanwen

Registered
probably the best patchable stbs at the moment are the dreamboxes. the dm800 is quite reasonably priced and now there´s also the dm500 hd which looks interesting and is a bit cheaper than the 800. i´m also using an azbox premium plus and i´m very happy with it. the firmware is now very stable. the youtube function is also neat.