Vu duo 2 cable interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4ngerdan

Registered
Hello all,

I have used the duo2 with sat tuner for a year or so now, without issues. Now I installed a cable tuner into it, using the coax with 5-1000mhz f splitter.

The router when receiving or sending data packets causes the cable tuner to pick up interference from the router.
I have changed the cabling for wf100, and have changed the f splitter, I have tested with using the router turned off, and also tested with a zgemma box instead.

With the router turned off, using tethered internet from a phone, the vu duo2 works perfect. Switching on the router then destroys the picture on the duo2.

If I swap the duo2 with a zgemma, using the exact same cabling, using same tuner settings, the zgemma works perfect, even with the router turned on.

What does the zgemma have that the duo2 cable tuner does not?

I am reaching a point where I have no options other to consider that. The tuner itself is broken

d4ngerdan

Registered
To recap, I have taken the vuduo2 round to a known working connection and found it to work flawlessly, using their cabling as it is.

I have also purchased an amplifier to help boost the SNR, that works a treat.
SNR can be moved to 99%, AGC is 92% BER -342. At any amplified level, or without using the amplifier, the SNR flickers down to 0% constantly. Im sure this is the interference from the router as mentioned.

And still, the zgemma is not affected in any way.

Would be nice to get any help on the issue

ian

Registered
I know that this is an old thread, but was a solution ever found ?

I have the exact same issue using a VU+ Solo 4K with onboard cable and Sat tuners. I was thinking about purchasing an amplifier too. Did your amplifier help ? and would you mind supplying a link to the one you bought if it did help ?

Cheers.

d4ngerdan

Registered
Hi, I never solved the issue. I ended up ditching the vu and using a zhemma LC which had no issues at all using the exact same cabling.

Status
Not open for further replies.