Dish size for IMG3 EU for Winter

william-1

Feed Hunter
I have reset my Gibertini 100cm dish for this feed on 7 east very good atm but when I get heavy rain I get picture breaking up,

Will a 120cm Gibertini solve this problem or is this signal for 240cm ground station reception under all weather conditions ?

aerosmith

Registered
Good questio if the power does vary from this I suppose the bigger the better to accomodate weather adverse conditions

aerosmith

Registered
I have reset my Gibertini 100cm dish for this feed on 7 east very good atm but when I get heavy rain I get picture breaking up,

Will a 120cm Gibertini solve this problem or is this signal for 240cm ground station reception under all weather conditions ?

Just set up my true 1m dish after respray and this is the 1st time I've been able to watch this broadcast with virtually no break up. Your sig and quality level is exactly the same as mine with a little variance from time to time. Now on the look out for more larger repairable freeby dishes cause I know if it rains or the wind picks up this broadcast will be impossible to watch!

william-1

Feed Hunter
No problems here with my signals on the 100cm set up for the last 48 hours on this transponder :thum:

I will be upgrading to a 120cm Gibertini in the next few weeks :)
retire the 88cm & move the 100cm to this mast ;)

Cable Hogue

Registered
I am in east side of Rep. Of Ireland and cannot get any signal on IMG feed at 7 degrees east with a 1 metre dish.If I increased to new dish size of 1.4 metres does anyone know if I would have more success?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
1.2 meter dish will certainly get a signal
but in wet weather like today you will get some pixelation
1.4 meter is really ideal to be totally honest with you .
IMG feed at 7 degrees East is likely a much stronger signal in UK which is why most members here can get away with using smaller dishes .
You probably do'nt live a million miles away from me at all so this info should be spot on
i can lock today on IMG Feed with my 1.2m Channel master dish just about 8.4db and 60% its just about good enuff because its a wet morning and rain does not help signal on this feed at all .
cheers !

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i just dried off my LNB on my 1.2m Channel master dish
Signal improved a little almost 9db and 64% with steady lock now ..Rain has now stopped for the time being at least : )
IMG3 EU Feed is currently FTA [ Black Screen ]
but does show TANDBERG Encryption ident "07D0"
SO EXPECT IT TO Encrypt Shortly for EPL Match Leicester vs Man U :thum:
cheers !

Martin.Wigston

Registered
I'm glad I came across this thread, havent had any lock on IMG3 for ages, so decided yesterday to realign my dish, elevation was off.

Now getting between 63% - 66% quality on a 1.1m cheapo dish, was thinking of getting a Triax but maybe I wont need to now :thum:

Last edited:

aerosmith

Registered
I'm glad I came across this thread, havent had any lock on IMG3 for ages, so decided yesterday to realign my dish, elevation was off.

Now getting between 63% - 66% quality now on a 1.1m cheapo dish, was thinking of getting a Triax but maybe I wont need to now :thum:

I'd make make decision to see what happens if it rains to be honest. A few nights ago I had sig qual. of 67-69% then had a blast of rain to which signal had completely gone!

su1tz

Registered
Been having some difficulties getting that feed in Cairo,Egypt with 1.8 dish lately , though I used to get a decent signal at the first week of the EPL let's hope for the best during MANU and the league title holder.

marine96

Registered
Tecatel 1.10x1.20 will do the job. I live in Greece and since i use this satellite dish,even my terrace house is very low which means i don't have a very good view of the horizon this dish have helped me to get the satellites from 68.5E till 22.5W. My dish is motorised. So i suggest you to buy one of the followings 1.10x1.20 dishes:Tecatel,Televes,Triax. Somebody once told me: maybe you change many satellite receivers but for a dish you must buy one and to be good. So mate don't think it if you are going to spend some more pounds for a very good dish. Just do it!!!

emanresu

Donating Member
@cable Hogue @barney2222
I'm in the east with 1mish triax get only pulses on tm 5402 m3 and tbs card checked on my retired bm 7000s locked fine at 56%. But no use since no Tberg capabilities so its frustrating at times for us over here with this feed.

keano16

Donating Member
In Manchester it was border line with my Triax 110cm and Black Ultra. Roughly 8.2-8.4db

I now have a Gibertini 120cm with matched feedhorn and Invacom c120. Roughly 8.9-9.2db
Its still not great but its better then it was.

Using TM5402 M3

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
In Bournemouth with Gibertini OP125L, INVERTO Black Ultra Single LNB and TM5402 M3.

Good sunny weather 11-11,2db
Today is a bit cloudy and windy 9.9-10,2db

I've just made final adjustments a day ago so can't confirm picture quality. I hope it helps, especially to william1 as he is thinking to upgrade to 125cm.