Replacing cable and lnb

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am going to upgrade my system.

I have a 1.25 gibertini to install and I think it would be wise to replace my very old cables and upgrade to an Octo LNB.

Which satellite cable is currently the best?
Same question for an Octo LNB.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Id go with CT125 thicker low loss version.

You'll need ct125 F connectors too.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
CT125 Coax Cable is very,very expensive
i have just installed 30 meters of Media bridge Coaxial Cable [ €25 for 100 meter roll ]
previously i always used plain RG6 , but i found a major boost in signals with Media bridge Coaxial Cable and as Ferret said
CT125 F Connectors ( Twist On type ) always was and always will be the simply the best : ))

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Golden Media Universal Octo LNB £25 on flea-bay
maybe find cheaper elsewhere but by far best LNB for offsset dishes i have ever tested .
good luck dog-man : ))

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
CT125 Coax Cable is very,very expensive
i have just installed 30 meters of Media bridge Coaxial Cable [ €25 for 100 meter roll ]
previously i always used plain RG6 , but i found a major boost in signals with Media bridge Coaxial Cable and as Ferret said
CT125 F Connectors ( Twist On type ) always was and always will be the simply the best : ))

Googled but carnt seem to find it anywhere near that price.

PM a link if you get time.

cheers.

Tesfer

Registered
CT125 cable is much thicker than standard CT100/WF100/PF100 cable and can be pain to install. You will not notice any difference from good quality WF100 cable, that's what I would go for.

Whatever you get, make sure the it has a solid white shield (also called the insulator). You need WF100/PF100 not CT100 (although I've seen some cables advertised as CT100, but with solid shield.

Old spec cables used to have airspaces in the shield/insulator and over time that will cause problems.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I must measure the length of the cable runs. They are quite long but most of it is under the floorboards so will have to be some measuring and some guessing.
When I do get round to installing the gibby 1.25 it will be a little further away than my current dish.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Tesfer

Back in the days of DM500s and to some extent the 800 id had problems moving my motor over a 20 meter run with WF100 so i installed CT125 problem gone i also got a 3-5% signal increase on the weaker sats which was a nice bonus.

Its low loss both ways. I agree maybe on a shorter run youd not see the difference.